PDA

View Full Version : New Tony Quote From Indy Today

NismoZ
05-26-06, 07:43 PM
concerning merger, "...at the end of the day I have to make the decisions that are good for the sport." No mention of anyone else. We're screwed.

Stu
05-26-06, 08:12 PM
concerning merger, "...at the end of the day I have to make the decisions that are good for the sport." No mention of anyone else. We're screwed.

the sport of douchebaggery?

if theres no merger then the only way to get rid of him is to get rid of his money. anyone know of anyone that works for the IRS? an audit could help. maybe some lawsuits or something.

gjc2
05-26-06, 08:34 PM
There is not going to be a merger. The only solution the problem is to go around TG to his mother and maybe the other members of the board of directors, then persuade them to pull the plug on the IRL and make the I500 a Champ Car race.

Recently there were all kinds of rumors about an announcement soon, but then we here Carl Haas' comments, the story about an Iowa race and today TG's most recent comments.

There is not going to be a merger, one series will prevail, the other will die.

George

B3RACER1a
05-26-06, 08:41 PM
How idiotic can this get, really? Everyone sees it now, even the gomers. :thumdown:

racer2c
05-26-06, 08:58 PM
There is not going to be a merger. The only solution the problem is to go around TG to his mother and maybe the other members of the board of directors, then persuade them to pull the plug on the IRL and make the I500 a Champ Car race.

Recently there were all kinds of rumors about an announcement soon, but then we here Carl Haas' comments, the story about an Iowa race and today TG's most recent comments.

There is not going to be a merger, one series will prevail, the other will die.

George

What did Haas say?

CART T. Katz
05-26-06, 08:59 PM
while a champcar fan, i'm speaking with as little bias as i can here.

just by hearing what is coming out of both camps, i think that anton is only shooting himself in the foot here. he has no control over his engine supply (despite what the gomerati say about contracts. they forget toyota had a contract as well), he can't draw at tracks not named indianapolis motor speedway that have no connection to the nascar ticket package, he can't draw on television despite (or rather in spite) of daniclemania and most importantly the teams are off the homoco teat. that is in my mind the most important thing. i think that we can all agree that the reason that most of the teams jumped was because they were getting heavily subsidized by honda or toyota. now that's gone. there is no motivation to stay other than indy. i don't really buy into what floyd said that he's committed to next year. he'll go wherever the money's flowing and where target says to go.

so now what does he have left after indy? pretty much nothing other than danica if that applies anymore. now i realize that champcar has pretty much nothing now, and hasn't for 4 or 5 years now, but you have to be some sort of red kool-aid chugging idiot to think that anton hasn't lost a hell of a lot more. the best thing he could do with his league was to merge. that will bring back the casual racing fan, sponsorship and a buzz around indy again; essentially everything he hasn't had for 10 years now. if what i'm reading is correct, honda isn't happy going against themselves and will throw a lot more money towards a future nascar effort or the current acura alms effort. teams are royally pissed off that merger isn't upcoming. despite the fact that they have indy and a better network tv deal, anton had more to lose by not merging than does champcar. and he has even more to lose if he chooses to go through with this farce again next year and so forth.
[/objectivity]

with that being said, i don't think champcar ever needed to merge and i don't think they need to merge now. just look at the village idiot in charge in the other camp. he couldn't manage his way out of a torn wet paper bag with a map and signs in the bag that said "exit here". i think the league will dissolve within the next year or two due to non-fulfillment of minimum entries, i can see anton paying for indy but i don't see anton paying for 18 cars for a 15 race season. another reason being that everything about champcar since bankruptsy court has been about getting OWRS, LLC (now CCWS, LLC) profitable. in my eyes they have done/are doing that. champcar is going to survive this (note i did not say prosper) and we will see what the future will bring.

racer2c
05-26-06, 09:05 PM
Someone should remind the idiot about his recent comments about knowing the a merger would be good and "taking that to the bank". I guess Nation wispered in his ear..."Tony, you own Indy, they need you".

gjc2
05-26-06, 09:10 PM
What did Haas say?

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10604

devilmaster
05-26-06, 09:41 PM
Like someone said earlier...

lets wait and see how many show up to the next race..... he probably needs a good dose of reality....

And as we all know, the month of may tries to avoid reality at all costs....

racer2c
05-26-06, 11:12 PM

Sorry, still don't see it.

SurfaceUnits
05-26-06, 11:22 PM
So without remergification, the only reason for an open May is to entice .1rl teams to jump to CC. Let's wait and see :confused:

Spicoli
05-27-06, 06:17 AM

That's PLN you douchebag. :gomer:

FTG
05-27-06, 07:54 AM
No merger, but we're not screwed. The series run by an idiot is screwed. Now, we just wait and see what Honda will do. There's got to be a reason they haven't announced their ALMS teams and drivers.

dando
05-27-06, 08:06 AM
"...at the end of the day I have to make the decisions that are good for the sport."

That simple quote speaks volumes on how egocentric FTG is. The idiot has a Napoleon complex the size of Texas. :shakehead

-Kevin

Rob
05-27-06, 09:47 AM
"...at the end of the day I have to make the decisions that are good for the sport."
So will he be hanging himself, shooting himself or ODing on sleeping pills?

devilmaster
05-27-06, 10:18 AM
So will he be hanging himself, shooting himself or ODing on sleeping pills?

My money is on the coke...... :D

SurfaceUnits
05-27-06, 12:54 PM
wurdz ov comfirt from the leegs' pwn3r

"I think the clock is ticking," said Robert Clarke, president of the performance-development unit of Honda Motor Co., now the lone engine provider for the Indy 500. "If you were to talk to the teams and sponsors involved, their story would be that it's increasingly difficult to lure sponsors.

"The situation is getting progressively worse."

NismoZ
05-27-06, 01:01 PM
2c...basically Haas said nothing when "talking" to Penske and FTG in Houston so it was reported by one or the other that Haas (and Coyne) "showed little support for the idea of unification." FTG painted the visit as proof that CC was standing in the way of a merger. Last time I checked Haas and Coyne weren't part of a CC negotiating team so they shouldn't have given the Gang Of Two any info ANYway!

NismoZ
05-27-06, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the reminder, SU... forget my 'Gang Of Two' misnomer. Make that The Three Stooges. FTG can string along a well intentioned KK, but he won't play Honda. If The IGS sinks a merger with unreasonable demands one can only hope Honda repays him with a hasty exit. I'll follow Honda/Acura in ALMS and to Le Mans if that's where they are headed but the HRL is dead to me. I still can't believe they MUST stay to/through(?) '09. (this assumes, of course, Honda isn't backing the unreasonable demands.)

Spicoli
05-27-06, 01:57 PM
wurdz ov comfirt from the leegs' pwn3r

Where'd this come from, hadn't seen it. :saywhat:

linky?

Racing Truth
05-27-06, 02:08 PM
Where'd this come from, hadn't seen it. :saywhat:

linky?

D00d, you can't tell? It's from "The Journalist's Journalist," Mark Cippolini. :gomer:

Seriously.

SurfaceUnits
05-27-06, 02:34 PM
From a business writer at the Bloomberg News wire:
Leave your brain off line when you read it:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20060525.IBINDY25/TPStory/Business

Racing Truth
05-27-06, 03:26 PM
Anyhow, Nis left off some stuff from the full Mark Douche piece:

"I think the primary benefit to a unification would be to get rid of the fan confusion by having two separate series. By merging there would be more opportunity for promotion and to bring the best venues from both series together," said George. "We would like to provide an opportunity for anyone [teams] who wants to participate to do so. I'm sure some may choose not to but that's their choice of course."

With that said however, George did not give any indication that the talks are close to leading to a deal to merge, and in fact the new venues that the IRL and Champ Car are negotiating with could make things a bit tricky.

"For 2007 if we both get new agreements done that could add some new challenges to the process. However, Kevin and I have an open relationship and we talk and email each other and we keep trying to move the process forward. It could be that we end up talking for 2 or 3 more years, but I would hope it would not take that long. An awful lot would have to come together in a very short time for us to merge in 2007."

However George indicated that venue and equipment deals are just details that won't stand in the way of a possible merger. Although he did not specifically say, he seemed to indicate that there are higher level philosophical agreements as to how the sport should operate that must be agreed to, and if these can be overcome the details will all be worked out.

As for being influenced by what team owners or others are saying that there must be a merger, George reiterated that "We cannot just merge for the wrong reasons. I said a long time ago that this was going to take time. It is my job to listen to what our teams say, but at the end of the day I have to make the decisions to do what is right for the sport."
ice of course."

Some troubling, some not-so-troubling remarks. But better context, methinks.

Spicoli
05-27-06, 03:50 PM
fTG is still a flaming pile of dogshit, wrapped in a turd, smelling like Uncle Fred's spew juice. Piece of prick skin he is.

The guy, no matter how you look at it, just DOES NOT GET IT.

Hello Tony, guess what?

you better get your **** together or there will be NO earl next year. :shakehead

one would think that ___king dickbag would get it after shelling out however millions of bucks he did for this year's field of wankers. I meaN JEEEEEBUS, the back half of the field wouldn;t make it in a ****ing busch race, a truck race or even a goddamned SCCA regional....PJ? Jacques? Airton? what a bunch of jacktards. :gomer:

douchebag. :rolleyes:

SurfaceUnits
05-27-06, 04:31 PM
I'm still waiting for you to get wound up and tell us what you really thinkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :p

maybe BIf will drop by and explain all about them visions to you :gomer:

oddlycalm
05-27-06, 05:13 PM
One thing for certain is that TG doesn't pay attention to the level of frustration among his own race fans. The level of frustration and resulting teeth gnashing of the gomerati has never been higher. Most of us have read their forums and it's clear that in their minds the EARL is an unkept promise. A lot of the early supporters are not just departed, they are disgusted and derisive. The pool of true believer has become a small puddle.

Without Honda money to float the big teams it's about to become a much smaller show. TG is funding 1/3 of the teams outright for the 500 this year and the last five rows were sent straight over from Wanker R US. Take away the Honda money, lose a major team or two and this guy will be buying over half the field next year, yet he want to come to agreement on philosophy...? :shakehead

I wouldn't expect a guy born to wealth to have much survival sense, and he certainly doesn't. Reminds me of the old SNL skit about Lord and Lady Douchebag...

oc

NismoZ
05-27-06, 05:17 PM
Thanks, RT. I just didn't want to include anything that made him sound any better than he deserved.

Spicoli
05-28-06, 12:24 AM
I'm still waiting for you to get wound up and tell us what you really thinkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :p

maybe BIf will drop by and explain all about them visions to you :gomer:

*(&^%%% :gomer:

:thumbup:

eiregosod
05-28-06, 12:54 AM
One thing for certain is that TG doesn't pay attention to the level of frustration among his own race fans. The level of frustration and resulting teeth gnashing of the gomerati has never been higher. Most of us have read their forums and it's clear that in their minds the EARL is an unkept promise. A lot of the early supporters are not just departed, they are disgusted and derisive. The pool of true believer has become a small puddle.

Without Honda money to float the big teams it's about to become a much smaller show. TG is funding 1/3 of the teams outright for the 500 this year and the last five rows were sent straight over from Wanker R US. Take away the Honda money, lose a major team or two and this guy will be buying over half the field next year, yet he want to come to agreement on philosophy...? :shakehead

I wouldn't expect a guy born to wealth to have much survival sense, and he certainly doesn't. Reminds me of the old SNL skit about Lord and Lady Douchebag...

oc

I doubt that earl Douchebag has any real fans left (apart from those who get free tickets etc..). As far as Tony's concerned, an entry paid for by his bank account means that he pays less in prizemoney. Tony could boast that the Indy 497.5 has $50m in posted awards, while knowing that he only has to figure out which of his bank accounts the money goes into.

It seems that the deadlines have passed for a 2007 merger. Whatever TG says now has no real bearing on the merger. TG's talk of "him making the decisions that are best for the sport" sounds like Tg false-bravado. It;s his family's big day out tomorrow, I guess he's entiled to be a bit arrogant.

TG might need the number for Honda Paddle Development, because he just might need one.

FanofMario
05-28-06, 09:59 AM
fTG is still a flaming pile of dogshit, wrapped in a turd, smelling like Uncle Fred's spew juice. Piece of prick skin he is.

The guy, no matter how you look at it, just DOES NOT GET IT.

Hello Tony, guess what?

you better get your **** together or there will be NO earl next year. :shakehead

one would think that ___king dickbag would get it after shelling out however millions of bucks he did for this year's field of wankers. I meaN JEEEEEBUS, the back half of the field wouldn;t make it in a ****ing busch race, a truck race or even a goddamned SCCA regional....PJ? Jacques? Airton? what a bunch of jacktards. :gomer:

douchebag. :rolleyes:

+What he says..... :gomer: