PDA

View Full Version : P2P

KLang
05-26-06, 09:44 AM
Link (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=10291)

Interesting article on the continuing evolution of P2P.

trauma1
05-26-06, 10:26 AM
i see some of the F1 teams want it also

Robstar
05-26-06, 11:56 AM
Pretty sure the track had a lot to do with it but that ëxtra Hp made that race... :thumbup:

Insomniac
05-26-06, 12:49 PM
I like it. Anything to promote passing is good IMO. :thumbup:

Dr. Corkski
05-26-06, 01:04 PM
Hanford MKIII.

Andrew Longman
05-26-06, 01:26 PM
Why not try a practice start so you can determine how much speed you will be carrying into the first turn and where to brake?' Some of the clever guys, like da Matta, were already doing that." Sure enough, the next morning, while David Phillips and I watched the warm-up session from trackside at the last corner, we watched da Matta slowly approach the left-hander. A couple hundred yards down the pit straight, the turbo Cosworth barked into action, accompanied by the flashing taillight that signifies when P2P is being used. Tracy, Sebastien Bourdais and Bruno Junqueira also did practice starts during the warm-up - Bourdais twice.

I see SeeBass doing that at Cleveland every year. At first I know what he was doing. About five laps in a row he would slow going into the last turn. Finally my son figured it out.

Given how hard it is to find brake points there it makes a lot of sense.

Of course it doesn't help to practice if others do not and they run over you.

Cool article

Insomniac
05-27-06, 07:34 PM
I see SeeBass doing that at Cleveland every year. At first I know what he was doing. About five laps in a row he would slow going into the last turn. Finally my son figured it out.

Cool article

So the 60 seconds doesn't kick in until the race starts? Kind of interesting.

Hameroids
05-27-06, 07:40 PM
So the 60 seconds doesn't kick in until the race starts? Kind of interesting.

Yes, unless you're stupid enough to use it on the pace laps.

rabbit
05-27-06, 08:00 PM

Cool article
A few years ago, a friend and I watched the Sunday morning warmup from the end of Turn 1. We noticed that Tag kept flying into the turn clear down on the inside, almost to the grass, and standing on the brakes in the middle of the apex. Sure enough, when the green flag fell, he took out half the field. :laugh: :shakehead

Insomniac
05-28-06, 05:06 PM
Yes, unless you're stupid enough to use it on the pace laps.
:confused: Yes, but you can't use it on the pace laps?

mapguy
05-29-06, 07:55 AM
P2P works real good. Just ask Sham Hornish.