PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee - Where ya staying ?

TRDfan
05-24-06, 11:58 AM
I just scored a room (via Priceline) at the Courtyard in Brookfield for $ 42 per night - Friday and Saturday nights.

Just thought I would share if anyone is trying to save some $$$

TrueBrit
05-25-06, 09:46 AM
I'm just driving up for race day....

Tifosi24
05-25-06, 11:02 AM
Staying at my apartment, but the hotel in Brookfield is probably the closest to the track for the money. There are a couple hotels around Mayfair Mall and in Wauwatosa that are closer, but are probably more money. There is also a Best Western in West Milwaukee, but I have only been there during the day, so I am not sure of its quality after dark.

G.
05-25-06, 11:22 AM
prolly just race day as well.

Want to meet up with more of you goobers. Where you gonna be? I'll probably park in the infield, same as last year.

TB, if we meet, please don't punch me in front of my son. :laugh: :p

TrueBrit
05-25-06, 11:42 AM
prolly just race day as well.

Want to meet up with more of you goobers. Where you gonna be? I'll probably park in the infield, same as last year.

TB, if we meet, please don't punch me in front of my son. :laugh: :p

Why would I punch you? Beers, babes, brats..oh yeah, and fast cars...not enough time left over for any aggro..... ;) (Although in all honesty I have no idea why you think I'd do that in the first place...... :confused: )

Is there a designated meeting spot for the OC crowd? I'll be up there with a mate of mine in the infield turn 3/4.....

G.
05-25-06, 11:52 AM
Why would I punch you? Beers, babes, brats..oh yeah, and fast cars...not enough time left over for any aggro..... ;) (Although in all honesty I have no idea why you think I'd do that in the first place...... :confused: )

Is there a designated meeting spot for the OC crowd? I'll be up there with a mate of mine in the infield turn 3/4.....
Two words: Molly Ivins

Look for the green Suby Outback, same place.

(no, I wouldn't think that you would do any such thing. We have been at odds many times on 'net, re., politics, but that crap stays on the 'net. Always.)

TrueBrit
05-25-06, 12:14 PM
Two words: Molly Ivins

Look for the green Suby Outback, same place.

(no, I wouldn't think that you would do any such thing. We have been at odds many times on 'net, re., politics, but that crap stays on the 'net. Always.)

Who gives a monkey's arse about politics when there's beer to drink, and fast cars to watch?

Not me! :D

RHR_Fan
05-25-06, 12:53 PM
We're staying at home so we'll be driving back-and-forth Saturday and Sunday. Glad to see you're going Steve! I'll try and stop by the turn 3 gang this year. I didn't last year.

~Nicole

G.
05-25-06, 01:40 PM
from the milwaukeemile.com

Holy weakness!

Weekend Schedule The Champ Car weekend schedule will be posted here when it becomes available

I'm thinking, maybe I will come up both Sat and Sun, let's see when the Star Mazdas run... :shakehead

KLang
05-25-06, 02:33 PM
I'm thinking, maybe I will come up both Sat and Sun, let's see when the Star Mazdas run... :shakehead

Schedule from Champ Car (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/CONTENT/PDF/Results/2006/20060517PDFR_0005.pdf)

Champ Car and Star Mazda. That's it????? :shakehead I guess I got spoiled going to RA back in the good ole days.

nrc
05-25-06, 03:02 PM
Maybe if you guys get the party going more races will break out.

KLang
05-25-06, 03:03 PM
Maybe if you guys get the party going more races will break out.

Gonna need some women's beach volleyball for that.

G.
06-05-06, 01:50 PM
I'm just driving up for race day....dammit, I missed ya! :flame:

I had a cold Ol Speckled Hen on ice waiting for you!

TrueBrit
06-06-06, 07:25 PM
dammit, I missed ya! :flame:

I had a cold Ol Speckled Hen on ice waiting for you!

Mmmmmmmmmm Speckled Hen........

I was hanging out with Chop and a bunch of fellow OC miscreants....

RHR_Fan
06-06-06, 10:39 PM

I was hanging out with Chop and a bunch of fellow OC miscreants....

Where were you guys? I wandered over toward turn 3, but I couldn't remember what any of you guys looked like. :o

~Nicole

Lizzerd
06-07-06, 12:14 AM
^ There was a big gaggle of us in T3. Chop had a flagpole with US and Canadian flags, there was a big white EZ-UP and and a smaller blue one there.

Dirty Sanchez
06-07-06, 09:22 AM
but I couldn't remember what any of you guys looked like. :oconsider yourself lucky :laugh:

G.
06-07-06, 12:11 PM

I was hanging out with Chop and a bunch of fellow OC miscreants....I know, so was I. Wished you could've stopped by again after the race.

I got there pretty late, you must've headed off to your favorite viewing area. I hung by the car with g., then stopped by the popup after the race.

Met Lizzerd. He finds the flavor of my favorite beverage (Pilsner Urquell) to be "interesting". :laugh:

Met others, had fun!

RTKar
06-07-06, 09:12 PM
^ There was a big gaggle of us in T3. Chop had a flagpole with US and Canadian flags, there was a big white EZ-UP and and a smaller blue one there.

...beer cans & bottles scattered about

RHR_Fan
06-07-06, 11:17 PM
I know, so was I. Wished you could've stopped by again after the race.

I got there pretty late, you must've headed off to your favorite viewing area. I hung by the car with g., then stopped by the popup after the race.

Met Lizzerd. He finds the flavor of my favorite beverage (Pilsner Urquell) to be "interesting". :laugh:

Met others, had fun!

You guys might not have recognized me anyways either. Even Jen head to do a double take! But if you wandered around the paddock and saw a girl with purple/plum colored hair, that was me.

~Nicole

PS--> 500th post. Go me! :D