PDA

View Full Version : Where's Just Al?

theunions
05-20-06, 07:12 PM
Simply a case of no sponsorship = no trip across the border? To my knowledge he was always intended as a full season deal. The MJCR Atlantic press releases I've gotten all weekend make no mention of his absence, let alone existence.

rabbit
05-20-06, 10:34 PM
The MJCR Atlantic press releases I've gotten all weekend make no mention of his absence, let alone existence.Kinda like the top half of the time sheets from the first two races. :eek:

Graham>Al III

cameraman
05-21-06, 02:28 AM
Have you looked in the tire barriers...

NismoZ
05-21-06, 10:56 AM
"Contractual conflicts and miscommunications. There is much more to this story and it will soon come to light."-Unser family spokesman. Hmmmm.

pchall
05-21-06, 12:01 PM
I suppose the Classy Chassis deal fell apart.... ;)

Of course, that presupposes that talent and habits are passed down through the generations.

theunions
05-21-06, 01:20 PM
Unser family spokesman.

His mom?

Edit: nevermind...saw the complete quote. No clue who Peter Stark is.

Sean O'Gorman
05-21-06, 01:31 PM
His mom?

Edit: nevermind...saw the complete quote. No clue who Peter Stark is.

Parole officer?

Fio1
05-21-06, 03:00 PM
His mom?

Ya! Once a few years ago, while I was working for a Grand-Am team, I contacted Just Al about maybe doing a few races for us. i knew he had a little money and can do a decent job. He said I had to talk to his Mom. I told the team during luch that I had to speak to Al's Mom and one one of the mechanics said, "why, to see if he can spend the night." :laugh:

Dr. Corkski
05-22-06, 07:29 PM
Just Al is upset that the tracks on the Atlantics schedule are not perfectly designed around his and other Atlantics drivers' abilities. How dare they build tracks that make drivers pay for stupidity! :gomer:

dando
06-10-06, 12:29 PM
Got the boot:

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/26114/

Mi-Jack Conquest Racing (MJCR) announced that it has signed British F3 driver, Ryan Lewis, to their Atlantic team for the remainder of the 2006 Champ Car Atlantic Championship season. Lewis, 22, will replace Al Unser III as Graham Rahal's teammate beginning at next weekend's Portland round.

-Kevin

Linda
06-12-06, 01:02 PM
"Contractual conflicts and miscommunications. There is much more to this story and it will soon come to light."-Unser family spokesman. Hmmmm.

He didn't learn any lessons from the two mistakes his father has gone through. :shakehead