PDA

View Full Version : Monterrey.

KLang
05-19-06, 11:23 AM
Practice 1 on RD now.

KLang
05-19-06, 11:36 AM
Katherine Legge and Dan Clarke had contact in the final turn. Legge was going inside Clarke when he turned down on his fellow English rookie. Legge didn't seem to receive any damage but Clarke lost an aerodynamic piece off the left sidepod.

What's up with Legge and speedy Dan? I would think she should try to avoid him like the plague.

edit:

Due to his contact with Legge, Dan Clarke has been parked by the Race Director until 30 minutes remaining in the session.

Wow, has that ever happened before?

KLang
05-19-06, 12:32 PM
Top 5: AJ, Wilson, Bourdais, PT, Bruno.

Go RuSPORT!

trauma1
05-19-06, 12:35 PM
What's up with Legge and speedy Dan? I would think she should try to avoid him like the plague.

edit:

Wow, has that ever happened before?
not in years , when they yanked hiro off the track at the mile

pchall
05-19-06, 12:40 PM
not in years , when they yanked hiro off the track at the mile

They also yanked Shiggy off the track permanently, but that was a different matter than a track time penalty for practice idiocy.

trauma1
05-19-06, 12:42 PM
They also yanked Shiggy off the track permanently, but that was a different matter than a track time penalty for practice idiocy.
your right it was shiggy not hiro, my bad,

G.
05-19-06, 12:49 PM
After Dan punter her in Houston, she got on the radio to tell the pits that that guy has no business being on the track. :laugh:

trauma1
05-19-06, 12:54 PM
After Dan punter her in Houston, she got on the radio to tell the pits that that guy has no business being on the track. :laugh:
if he keeps it up they will pull a Ide on his ass :rofl:

cameraman
05-19-06, 01:06 PM
If he keeps breaking cars I would imagine Keith Wiggins is going to park him...

Wheel-Nut
05-19-06, 01:07 PM
I really like AJ, I sure hope he doesn't get any ideas to go cup racing.

OT: How did Scott Speed end up with the Red Bull F1 seat and not 'dinger?

theunions
05-19-06, 02:43 PM
OT: How did Scott Speed end up with the Red Bull F1 seat and not 'dinger?

'Dinger refused to play the Red Bull Driver Search game. :thumbup:

trauma1
05-19-06, 02:45 PM
red bulls contracts were worse than briatores of renault :shakehead

JoeBob
05-19-06, 03:07 PM
In the past, PT has been penalized practice time for on-track actions.

And, of course, there was once the rule about having to sit out 8 minutes if you caused a yellow flag.

nrc
05-19-06, 03:12 PM
In the past, PT has been penalized practice time for on-track actions.

And, of course, there was once the rule about having to sit out 8 minutes if you caused a yellow flag.

I thought it was for a red, and I thought they still did that. :/

tllips
05-19-06, 03:29 PM
I thought it was for a red, and I thought they still did that. :/

I also thought it was a red. Now they just take away your fastest lap in qualifying.

Actually, myabe they still do park you for 8min in practice. Sorry.

trauma1
05-19-06, 03:32 PM
reds are differant , Cc hasn't pulled a driver off the track like they did with clarke today in years, he's way over his head and wiggins i bet sheds him very fast, bye speedy dan, hell he's CC version of briscoe hits everything in sight

NismoZ
05-19-06, 03:41 PM
I don't recall clearly but wasn't he the slowest of 16 tested last fall? (or very close to it) Figures he'd be the one to get a seat, then.

KLang
05-19-06, 04:03 PM
Wilson takes provisional pole. :thumbup:

trauma1
05-19-06, 04:07 PM
clarkes day, 1 incident with another car and 2 reds, not a bad day, god wiggins fire the piss ant :flame:

nrc
05-19-06, 05:17 PM

"Speedy" spoiled his fast lap with a red flag for a spin with five minutes left but Wilson came right back out and stole the pole at the checker. :thumbup:

rabbit
05-19-06, 07:53 PM
w00t! :cool:

Accipiter
05-20-06, 12:36 PM
A friend of mine says that Dan must have a crush on Kathrine and gets nervous whenever he's around her. ;)

TravelGal
05-20-06, 05:34 PM
A friend of mine says that Dan must have a crush on Kathrine and gets nervous whenever he's around her. ;)

:laugh: He'd get further if with crush than crash though.

nrc
05-20-06, 08:56 PM
Looks like Wilson burnt an extra set of alternate tires on the first day to guarantee a front row starting spot. Probably a good strategy but it won't make much difference unless the RuSport guys can do a better job of keeping up with Seabass on restarts.

Insomniac
05-21-06, 12:51 PM
clarkes day, 1 incident with another car and 2 reds, not a bad day, god wiggins fire the piss ant :flame:

And add this as well:

Things hardly improved in the afternoon when Clarke was docked his two quickest laps, one for blocking a faster car -- Paul Tracy -- and the other for spinning and causing a red flag in his efforts to keep the Canadian behind him.

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/24520/

Insomniac
05-21-06, 12:52 PM
Looks like Wilson burnt an extra set of alternate tires on the first day to guarantee a front row starting spot. Probably a good strategy but it won't make much difference unless the RuSport guys can do a better job of keeping up with Seabass on restarts.

And once you keep up, you have to avoid the blocking. ;)