PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to Portland?

Anteater
05-18-06, 08:18 PM
I have my tickets! :) Paddock passes and seats in GS C1, Sec. 2, Row V. Staying downtown at the Four Points by Sheraton again. Bring it on!

Ronbo
05-20-06, 10:13 PM
I have my tickets! :) Paddock passes and seats in GS C1, Sec. 2, Row V. Staying downtown at the Four Points by Sheraton again. Bring it on!

I'll be there, and you know where to find me, (when I am not at the CC photo booth or info center!)

Ronbo

Anteater
05-25-06, 10:44 AM
What, just Ronbo and myself? :confused:

The schedule of events has been posted:
http://globaleventsgrouppdx.com/champ_car/event.html

Should be a lot of fun!

RHR_Fan
05-25-06, 11:20 PM

Should be a lot of fun!

Raise your hand if you're poor. *Raises hand*

~Nicole

manic mechanic
05-26-06, 12:21 AM

Should be a lot of fun!

Don't count so soon... ;)

I'll be there.

manic

P.S. Nic, I used to be poor too, but I also have 25 years on you. :p

Michaelhatesfans
05-26-06, 01:06 AM
Raise your hand if you're poor. *Raises hand*

~Nicole
What, you're going to blow it all on rent and food? Sheesh.

;)

RHR_Fan
05-26-06, 05:40 PM
When I work for a CC team I won't be poor AND I'll be able to travel to all of the races. :D

Well...it's a wish/goal...

~Nicole

ANAYA YATES
05-28-06, 10:44 AM
Nicole,

If you do get the opportunity to work for a Champ Car team or Champ Car...you will still be poor ;) However, you will get to travel to all the races...but again...never see the races unless you Tivo them :D

That's the price you pay to be a part of racing.

I will be in Portland

ANAYA YATES

RHR_Fan
05-28-06, 12:50 PM
Nicole,

If you do get the opportunity to work for a Champ Car team or Champ Car...you will still be poor ;) However, you will get to travel to all the races...but again...never see the races unless you Tivo them :D

That's the price you pay to be a part of racing.

I will be in Portland

ANAYA YATES

If I ever work for CC, I won't care if I'm "poor." As long as I can pay my bills, necessities, etc. and have some left over, it's all good.

~Nicole

cyclepath
06-10-06, 11:22 PM
Hmmm I'll be there!! ;)

manic mechanic
06-11-06, 03:13 PM
If anyone is interested in joining me for a cold one on Thursday night, here's the plan:

9:15 PM, Thursday at Amnesia Brewing Co. 832N. Beech St. (about 3 miles South of the track off I-5 at exit 302b, approximately 1.5 miles NE of downtown using the Fremont St. bridge). Use mapquest to figure out how close it is to your lodgings..I'm not a cartographer !

I'll be there and will buy the first pitcher. From there on, it's on the "english round" system. Not only does your personal honor dictate whether you will be there, but how much you will buy.

It will probably not be too late a night due to the number of us who are working at the track the next morning (either that, or the party will go on long after those of us with responsibilities have to make our exit).

Is that "plan" enough???

manic :D

Anteater
06-11-06, 11:33 PM
Sounds like a good plan to the Anteaters, manic! :) :)

Fitti Fan
06-12-06, 01:50 AM
It will be my birthday weekend. (And P1's for that matter.) Toast me while you're there and have a great time.

Did you say RA?

Hameroids
06-13-06, 09:47 AM
Used to be more groupies in the paddock before the split. CC needs more groupies. :D

Most of the people who work for the teams in CC are very very busy, and usually don't have the time to venture out much socially. So when the ladies, in particular, come by to say hello at the track, it's much appreciated.

datachicane
06-13-06, 03:16 PM
Same seats in C3, same bunch as usual. Should be a good weekend.

BTW, for those who care about such things, possibly the finest coffee on the planet (including the stuff I got hooked on in Italy years ago) is mere minutes from the track. Billy took 2nd in the U.S. Barista Championships this year, and he was robbed, I tell you! <g>

racermike
06-13-06, 03:39 PM
If anyone is here early, or already lives here, you can join me tomorrow to help work a turn for Atlantics testing.

Gotta get in touch with me .. send PM with contact info