PDA

View Full Version : Ranger isn't going to Monterrey

cameraman
05-17-06, 05:00 PM
The car is entered with a driver named TBA...

:shakehead

dando
05-17-06, 05:45 PM
The car is entered with a driver named TBA...

:shakehead
:(

-Kevin

extramundane
05-17-06, 07:44 PM
But 16 cars is OK! PG promised he'd run 4 more in Ansan! :gomer:

Dr. Corkski
05-17-06, 07:54 PM
Who cares, the party is going to be awesome! :gomer:

coolhand
05-17-06, 08:20 PM
Maybe if the party is shakn' enough an 18th car will break out.

cart7
05-17-06, 08:27 PM
I dunno, TBA kind of rolls of the tongue. Must be one of those ingenious ideas KK has for selling drivers to the American public.

Women jumping on trampolines anyone? :gomer:

Fio1
05-17-06, 09:41 PM
More then likely a Mexican with dinero for a one off.

racer2c
05-17-06, 10:31 PM
I smell an MJ Jr. one off.

Wheel-Nut
05-18-06, 09:38 AM
I smell an MJ Jr. one off.

or perhaps a Rodolfo Lavin, off . . .

KLang
05-18-06, 10:21 AM
Ranger is in

MI-JACK CONQUEST RACING HOPING FOR SAME SUCCESS IN MONTERREY AS IN 2005

Indianapolis, Indiana, May 17, 2006 – Fundidora Park will play host to the Grand Prix of Monterrey this weekend and the Mi-Jack Conquest Racing Team will be looking to repeat their 2005 performance on the 2.104-mile permanent road course. Andrew Ranger would like to put in a performance like the one last year when he became the youngest driver in Champ Car history to finish on the podium, a feat he accomplished in only his second race. As for his teammate, rookie Charles Zwolsman, he won here last season aboard his Atlantic car, recording his first victory in that series as well as his first pole position. This year, in his #34 Lola Champ Car, he is hoping to keep up the momentum he gained in Houston before being taken out of the race by Australian Will Power. The 76 lap race takes place Sunday, May 21, at 1:00 p.m. Central Time, but first the drivers will hit the track Friday and Saturday for practice and qualifying on both days.

Andrew Ranger #27 Tide / Mi-Jack Ford-Cosworth/Lola/Bridgestone

“I am excited about racing at Fundidora park again, I don’t think you ever forget the place where you earned your first podium. It was a very special race for me last year and I hope it will be again this year! My two consecutive sixth-place finishes in the first two races of the season is something that we can build on going into Monterrey.”

Ranger Facts

Will be making his 16th Champ Car start… Andrew’s best result came in 2005 in Monterrey when he finished second, giving the Mi-Jack Conquest Racing team their first Champ Car podium… The Quebec-native has finished sixth in the first two races of the season… Ranger is currently fourth in the Championship standings with 40 points… Has collected the point for the “biggest mover” in both the Grand Prix of Long Beach and the Grand Prix of Houston.

Charles Zwolsman #34 Mi-Jack Ford-Cosworth/Lola/Bridgestone

“I have fond memories of the Fundidora Park race track, having won my first Atlantic race here last season. I am hoping that those good memories will get rid of the bad luck I have been having these last couple of races. We ran well in Houston last weekend and I want to take that momentum with me to Monterrey and finish my first race for the Conquest Racing Team.”

Zwolsman Facts

Will be making his fourth Champ Car start… Won his first Atlantic race in Monterrey, Mexico in 2005 starting on pole… sits 15th in the championship… and 5th in the Rookie of the Year standings… Zwolsman will be participating in only his second Champ Car road course race…

Gangrel
05-18-06, 11:01 AM
Well now....that was short-lived... :cool:

cart7
05-18-06, 12:07 PM
He must of turned the sofa over and cashed in the penny jar.

cameraman
05-18-06, 12:12 PM
Great, but where did Cygni come up with that article? It is not on the CCWS web site and MiJack does not have a web site. I have seen it posted around various boards but never with a link to its source.

TedN
05-18-06, 12:21 PM
Linky (http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=218164&FS=CHAMPCAR)

Ted

KLang
05-18-06, 12:25 PM
Great, but where did Cygni come up with that article? It is not on the CCWS web site and MiJack does not have a web site. I have seen it posted around various boards but never with a link to its source.

I copied it from someone else over at crapwagon. Looks to me like an emailed press release. You think someone is just making it up, with quotes and all?

cameraman
05-18-06, 12:26 PM
No. But I'd also like to see it posted on CCWS where it belongs.

G.
05-18-06, 12:28 PM
I copied it from someone else over at crapwagon. Looks to me like an emailed press release. You think someone is just making it up, with quotes and all?are you Cygni??

KLang
05-18-06, 12:32 PM
are you Cygni??

Nope. Since 7G died I am KLang everywhere.

I copied it from this (http://www.champcarfanatics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=658033&postcount=185) post.

I'm surprised it's not on the Champ Car website. Maybe their web guy was doing tequila shots in Monterrey last night. ;)

theunions
05-18-06, 12:45 PM
I haven't even received an e-mail press release to this effect as I type this, and I've been getting stuff from them all season.

Turn7
05-18-06, 01:14 PM
Frodo isn't going to make a difference to the gate receipts, isn't going to win and isn't going to be the headline of any newspaper.

Basically, what does it matter if he is in or out of the car? The team will be there with somebody driving it. That's really all that matters.

RichK
05-18-06, 02:18 PM
Frodo

:laugh:

cameraman
05-18-06, 03:05 PM
The newswire.ca (http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/May2006/18/c9737.html) comes through...

Canadian driver Andrew Ranger revved up for return to the scene of his Champ Car record-setting performance

MONTREAL, May 18 /CNW Telbec/ - Andrew Ranger returns this weekend to Monterrey, Mexico, the scene of his finest Champ Car World Series performance, and the Mi-Jack Conquest driver who is currently the top Canadian in the series hopes the sequel is as outstanding as the original.

A year ago, Ranger, of Roxton Pond, Quebec, etched his way into the Champ Car record books at the Tecate Grand Prix of Monterrey, masterfully rallying from 14th place on the starting grid to finish second. In doing so, Ranger, just beyond his 18th birthday at the time, became the youngest driver in series' history to reach the podium.

Heading into this year's Monterrey race - to be run Sunday in front of more than 110,000 fans on the 2.104-mile Fundidora Park road course - Ranger is brimming with confidence after opening the 2006 season with a pair of sixth-place finishes. By earning 40 points, including one point in each race for advancing the most positions from the starting grid, Ranger moved into fourth place in the drivers' standings ahead of fellow Canadians Alex Tagliani and Paul Tracy.

"I'm happy that we've been able to get off to such good start," said Ranger. "It's something to build on going to Monterrey. The race there last year is still very fresh in my mind. I remember what a thrill it was to be on the podium in only the second Champ Car race of my career. But this is a new season, with new challenges, and whether the race is in Monterrey or anywhere else on the circuit, I put all my energy into giving my best effort."

The poise and determination Ranger exhibited on the way to finishing a highly respectable 10th in the drivers' standings in his 2005 rookie season, prompted plenty of Champ Car observers to categorize Ranger as a rising star in the series. Two races into the 2006 season, he continues to make major steps toward fulfilling such promise.

"Andrew's consecutive sixth-place finishes to begin the season are very encouraging," said Chris Mower, team manager of the Mi-Jack Conquest team. "Developing consistency from race to race is part of the learning process, especially for a young driver such as Andrew. He's competed well in two tough races, showing a lot of character battling his way into contention in each of them. And, as we saw in Monterrey last year, if you can stay close to the leaders, anything can happen."

NismoZ
05-18-06, 03:31 PM
Then where's the link to the story about those Canadians from Edmonton (who want a 30 yr CC deal :eek: ) trying to initiate a 3 day CC street festival in...MALTA!? Geez, A pacific Rim Swing, A Texas Tour and now we can look forward to a Mediterranean Meander?...Oh, a P-1 offshore boat race, too. Fits KK's last European visit. www.timesofmalta.com.

Ankf00
05-18-06, 03:46 PM
Frodo isn't going to make a difference to the gate receipts, isn't going to win and isn't going to be the headline of any newspaper.

:rofl:

doesn't need more cowbell.

G.
05-22-06, 12:58 PM
Ranger’s sponsorship package only supports him for Long Beach and Houston and the two Canadian races. Darren Manning was in line to take over Ranger’s seat this weekend but, seeing as how Manning didn’t bring much in the way of sponsorship and that Ranger a) was fourth in points and b) finished second in Monterrey last year, the nod went to the young French-Canadian. And as long as he keeps bringing the MiJack/Conquest Lola home intact and in the points, he’s likely to keep his ride. link (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/24634)

NismoZ
05-25-06, 11:27 AM
HA! Strong rumor today on another site about a Malta CC race paired with a P1 offshore race. Gee, who posted that idea here back on the 18th? A little slow reading the "The Times", eh boys? :)

devilmaster
05-25-06, 01:21 PM
round trip ticket from detroit to valletta - 762.

distant relatives I can stay with - check.

Finding Sammy's bar - on the agenda.

'I'm Going back to Sammy's Bar
- Hey the last boat's a-leaving
I don't need no Yankee car
- Call away the daighsoe.'