PDA

View Full Version : ot/Dos Equis XX

High Sided
05-15-06, 03:14 PM
now that should be a champcar sponsor, have they ever been involved in motorsports? would make for a great paint scheme. good beer ta'boot.

my favorate quote from an XX drinker...
Ask most people to name a Mexican beer and they'll name Corona. Coincidentally, if you ask most people to name a bodily fluid, they'll name urine.

devilmaster
05-15-06, 03:18 PM
I might be crazy (and thats another topic for another day) but I know i've seen sponsorship banners from them somewhere.... but where is the question....

Maybe Baja?

coolhand
05-15-06, 03:27 PM
I think they are woned by grupo Modelo (parent company of Corona).

Most of the mexican beer brands are under the same ownership of either Corona or Tecate.

Grupo Modelo maintains a large part of the Mexican beer export market and produces the number one imported beer in the US. Their five export brands include Corona Extra, Corona Light, Negra Modelo, Modelo Especial, and Pacífico,. Grupo Modelo also brew brands intended solely for the domestic Mexican market, including Victoria (a recent advertising campaign for this brand was centered around the fact that it is unavailable abroad); Estrella (a local beer found only in western Mexico; and León and Montejo (originally local to Yucatán but now available nationwide). Grupo Modelo is 50 percent owned by Anheuser-Busch but control of the company remains with the Mexican Partners (direct descendants of the founders of the company) of Grupo Modelo.

edit, Dos XX is under the FEMSA, Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma camp with Tecate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FEMSA