PDA

View Full Version : Notes from the CCWS Grand Prix of Houston 2006

pressdog
05-14-06, 10:20 PM
A brain fade by Mario and some wide driving gives Bourdais two straight. Here's a recap:

Notes from the CCWS Grand Prix of Houston 2006 (http://pressdog.blogspot.com) :)

G.
05-17-06, 12:56 PM
Welcome to the block party! Bourdais puts a big block on Tracy. NFL-worthy block job. I'm sure he'll get a stern talking to for that. When they teach blocking in Race Official School just bust out that tape because that was textbook. Race control will crack down and issue a strongly worded statement that he better not do that more than twice more or there's going to be trouble, mister. :laugh:

Love the recaps, 'dog.

oddlycalm
05-17-06, 01:48 PM
Nice update pressdog. I'm not sorry that Derek Daley isn't in the booth this year but ol' hollyhocks always blurted out a few imcomprehensible comments that adds grist to the mill. ;)

That said, you may want to try on one of the CBS F1 broadcasts where Ralph Shaheen and Daley have been making a godawful mess of the half dozen F1 broadcasts that CBS is allowed to ruin each year. Imola was a classic blurtfest of errors of fact and imcomprehensible utterings. They dialed back the excited blathering for the Spanish GP but I'm guessing they'll be in high form for Monaco. :gomer:

oc

pressdog
05-17-06, 02:38 PM
Nice update pressdog. I'm not sorry that Derek Daley isn't in the booth this year but ol' hollyhocks always blurted out a few imcomprehensible comments that adds grist to the mill. ;)

That said, you may want to try on one of the CBS F1 broadcasts where Ralph Shaheen and Daley have been making a godawful mess of the half dozen F1 broadcasts that CBS is allowed to ruin each year. Imola was a classic blurtfest of errors of fact and imcomprehensible utterings. They dialed back the excited blathering for the Spanish GP but I'm guessing they'll be in high form for Monaco. :gomer:

oc
Thanks for the suggestion, oc. F1 is pretty much my final open-wheel frontier now that I've taken to watching the CCWS broadcasts. I did miss Derek. Honestly. It makes it fun to watch just to hear what he'll say.

Check out Robin Miller. Imitating the p-dog with some race notes! Robin Miller Houston Race Notes (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=10227). He's feeling the hot breath of the pressdog.

TravelGal
05-17-06, 03:13 PM
HI-larious. Loved the comments about Dukes of Hazard driving. Good stuff--all the way through. Hey, and I haven't even mentioned Katherine Legge yet!

rabbit
05-17-06, 05:40 PM
At 11:47 into the broadcast (I timed it) is the first mention of Katherine Legge and that came only when they ran down the starting grid. 11:47! Those crazy Champ Car people are treating Katherine like she's a rookie or something. That's insane. :)