PDA

View Full Version : Screw CBS....

JohnHKart
05-14-06, 05:40 AM
Ive decided that I cant take Ralph Shaheen again so I will wait a week, avoid coverage and watch it on Speed. Enough!

John

NismoZ
05-14-06, 08:23 AM
OK, we'll keep everything secret for you! ;)

Cam
05-14-06, 02:18 PM
I think they have been reading the message boards.... It was nowhere near as irritating as the Monza. There where a few :rolleyes: :rolleyes: type coments but it was an improvement.

devilmaster
05-14-06, 02:54 PM
Well, I hope the CC broadcast team read these boards too. Because they were horrendous last night.....

I don't know what it is about shaheen i don't like..... I think its his voice, it grates on me...... sorta like rachel ray's attitude does..... *shudder*

Opposite Lock
05-14-06, 03:02 PM
I think they have been reading the message boards.... It was nowhere near as irritating as the Monza. There where a few :rolleyes: :rolleyes: type coments but it was an improvement.

Imola? ;)

I had the same impression - noticeable improvement. Gone were the every-other-lap references to "the youngest champion ever". There were only three or four sets of "Well, well, well". And I believe the entire broadcast was free of hollyhocks.

Spicoli
05-14-06, 03:07 PM
dang.

at least we didn't hear danicle. :gomer:

an improvement over last time for sure.

Cam
05-14-06, 03:34 PM
Imola? ;)

D'OH!! Yeah..... Brain fart..... :o

NismoZ
05-14-06, 04:21 PM
Yeah. I heard he was in Houston, too.

Rogue Leader
05-14-06, 07:50 PM
I just love DD's stupid ass comments about Montoya highsiding the car. They said Montoya was complaining about the TC switching on and off and screwing with the engine whioch caused his spin. Then DD realizes the engine was still running when Montoya highsided it so therefore Montoya was full of crap because the TC didnt cut the engine off and stall it. Hi stupid that wasn't the problem he was complaining about. He proceeds to rag on Montoya and how his days are numbered with McLaren due to this.... DD is a putz

NismoZ
05-14-06, 08:35 PM
Maybe, but Montoya's days at McLaren are numbered.

FanofMario
05-14-06, 10:30 PM
DD seemed a bit obessive in describing the day-glo camera mounts on cars means its the #1 diver of team. Another great insight shared to all viewers. :rolleyes:

DagoFast
05-14-06, 10:52 PM
My favorite was when Tiago Montiero was on camera and DD threw him a bone and mentioned he had a podium finish last year at the USGP at Indianapolis and Shaheen then blurts out "he had a career best finish of 11th place last year." :shakehead

I'm not sure they listen to each other let alone themselves.

TrueBrit
05-15-06, 09:54 AM
Yup, and even better they get to foul-up the Monaco GP this year... :flame:

oddlycalm
05-15-06, 04:39 PM
Yup, and even better they get to foul-up the Monaco GP this year... :flame: Sigh.... I find no words for this.

After the Imola race seemed limp and annoying to me I ended up watching most of it on Speed's re-broadcast and it was almost like a completely different race.

oc

Anteater
05-18-06, 08:21 PM
The CBS F1 coverage is pathetic--it's like watching "F1 for Dummies". :shakehead

oddlycalm
05-28-06, 06:08 PM
Sullivan isn't inspired but I found his low key comments less idiotic than ol' hollyhocks. Still not great and I imagine I'll end up watching the Speed version of this one as well. A lot happened that we didn't hear a word about.

oc

Accipiter
05-30-06, 11:34 AM
Sullivan is better than Daly, but silence is better than either of them.

So what's up with Hollyhocks? did he turn in his microphone for good? MIA from the last two Champ Car broadcasts and now F1.

rosawendel
05-30-06, 11:37 AM
So what's up with Hollyhocks? did he turn in his microphone for good? MIA from the last two Champ Car broadcasts and now F1.

he was in indianoplace with robin miller for speed news.

rabbit
05-30-06, 11:38 AM
Sullivan is better than Daly, but silence is better than either of them.

I saw DD in the garage area at Indy Sunday morning wearing a Channel 8 shirt.

{edit} I feel like Marco Andretti to rosawendel's Sam Hornish Jr. :gomer:

Andrew Longman
05-31-06, 12:45 PM
Over the weekend my son was playing old CC races from years past off the CCWS site. Daly was on several of them and he was really OK. Not great but OK. Just sort of the credible ex-racer you want to do color. Nothing like he's been this year and last with the breathless faux excitement.

Perhaps he got some very bad coaching from John Madden? Or make that Dan Dierdorf

Lux Interior
06-02-06, 06:12 AM
I am waiting to record the Speed Broadcast tonight and will get up early before the wife and kids and watch it in peace tomorrow. I personally cannot stand CBS's coverage. Give me Hobbs, Matchett, and Varsha any day.

JohnHKart
06-05-06, 08:41 PM
Ok Im lost who is Hollyhocks?

John

Lux Interior
06-05-06, 08:59 PM
The CBS F1 coverage is pathetic--it's like watching "F1 for Dummies". :shakehead

DD: OK Now Schumacher is in the Red Car, and Alonso is in the Blue Car. Now, Schumacher is going to drive his car VERY FAST, and try to drive AROUND Alonso. Alonso does not want him to. We call this a pass. OK now grab on to your testicles, here we go, this is GOOOOOD STUF... :rofl:

cameraman
06-05-06, 09:01 PM
Ok Im lost who is Hollyhocks?

John

Derek Daly

Spicoli
06-05-06, 09:10 PM
DD: OK Now Schumacher is in the Red Car, and Alonso is in the Blue Car. Now, Schumacher is going to drive his car VERY FAST, and try to drive AROUND Alonso. Alonso does not want him to. We call this a pass. OK now grab on to your testicles, here we go, this is GOOOOOD STUF... :rofl:

Nope - THAT'S Scooby Goodyear$ :)

"this is what we call 'a 'tire'. It goes on the 'wheel'. A racing car driver (sic) in the Indy-Style car has no 'fender' over the 'tire'. this is how we are different fro m 'Nascar'. "

:rolleyes:

Lux Interior
06-05-06, 11:39 PM
I like Varsha and Tommy Kendall. Those two would be top picks. Varsha and someone else in the booth, and tommy roving in the pit lane. :thumbup:

tllips
06-06-06, 08:28 AM
Speaking of Varsha, I saw him on Saturday at Milwaukee. He was walking into the stands with Jan if I remember correctly. Jan was definitely wearing his black SPEED shirt and Varsha was wearing a black polo shirt, but I don't remember seeing the Speed logo.

Any idea why Bob was in Milwaukee for the race?

chop456
06-06-06, 08:28 AM
Any idea why Bob was in Milwaukee for the race?

His son Matt races in Star Mazda.

tllips
06-06-06, 08:42 AM
His son Matt races in Star Mazda.

Makes perfect sense then! Thanks.

Spicoli
06-11-06, 05:00 PM
Dear Hollyhocks:

STFU!

Love,

The Universe. :gomer:

RusH
06-11-06, 06:03 PM
Why doesn`t American Scott Speed use his first name :gomer:

Cam
06-11-06, 06:10 PM
Why doesn`t American Scott Speed use his first name :gomer:

Will be interesting to see how many American flags get waved (per his post f-up interview) when he gets to IMS...... I am guessing that the Columbian, Spanish and Finnish flags will outnumber 4 to 1.....

ferrarigod
06-12-06, 03:15 AM
Dear Hollyhocks

STFU!

Love,

The Universe. :gomer:

If I hear one more g.d. time about the g-forces, I'm going to fly wherever they are b.s.ing from and beat the crap out of him. Its like DD actually watched the Speed feed on saturday, and stole all of their information. Cept he made it beyond annoying and repetitive.

Ralph Sheehen is just as bad, he ruined my enjoyment of Speeds WRC coverage, and is doing a great job with F1. :thumdown: :flame: :thumdown:

Lux Interior
06-12-06, 06:53 AM
A boring race was made even more boring by those guys. Thank gawd I can record the race on DVD. I was able to go through whole blocks of the race at x4 speed, which helped to east the pain.

Easy
06-12-06, 11:44 AM
My favorite part of the race was when we were informed that both Gilles and Jacques Villeneuve are looking forward to the Canadian GP. I beleive it went uncorrected too. The big time TV producers kid who sets up these F1-CBS/ABC deals has obviously put together a team that knows nothing about Formula 1.

Thankfully, Bernie has shown his faith in this CBS deal by giving the world broadcasting rights for the USGP to SPEED who actually have some clue of what they are doing.