PDA

View Full Version : Tagliani in hospital

cameraman
05-14-06, 03:51 AM
His throttle stuck and he went into the tire barrier at high speed.

He is getting an MRI for a suspected compression fracture of the spine.

NismoZ
05-14-06, 04:14 PM
Saw him flying in there from the aerial shot then they cut away and the commentators missed it for awhile. Then nothing was said about why the yellow lasted for so long as the "incident" was far more serious than we were at first led to believe. Lack of (safe) runoff. Ever the dilemma of street circuits. Now you see the necessity for that chicane. Recall the LB F-1 accident with Clay Reggazoni? Never should have happened.

Turn7
05-14-06, 05:01 PM
Saw him flying in there from the aerial shot then they cut away and the commentators missed it for awhile. Then nothing was said about why the yellow lasted for so long as the "incident" was far more serious than we were at first led to believe. Lack of (safe) runoff. Ever the dilemma of street circuits. Now you see the necessity for that chicane. Recall the LB F-1 accident with Clay Reggazoni? Never should have happened.

Are you suggesting that there was not sufficient run off in the corner that Tagliani stuffed it into the barrier?

If so, then I know to ignore you from now on.

Fio1
05-14-06, 05:26 PM
It was kind of odd that nothing was ever mentioned.

Joelski
05-14-06, 05:27 PM
^^^What he said.

KLang
05-14-06, 07:10 PM
I don't think it was mentioned over the PA at the track either. People sitting around me were grousing about the length of the yellow thinking they were still cleaning up the chicane. I knew what was going via the scanner passed along to those around me that Tag had really stuffed into the tires.

The operations folks were really pushing the safety team to clean up after Tag so they could get the green out before it was too late.

Wheel-Nut
05-14-06, 07:23 PM
I don't know if you noticed but there was a couple of guys that would try to get the flag mans attention by shouting a bunch of 'bad words" at him. They kept telling him to throw the green.

Nothing was ever mentioned about the Tagliani off.

KLang
05-14-06, 07:38 PM
I couldn't hear what they were saying with the headphones on but I saw a few guys waving at the flagman down in front of me.

NismoZ
05-14-06, 08:03 PM
No, Turn 7, as clearly stated I was talking about "lack of (safe) runoff." Anywhere on any track. But, please, don't read any more of my posts. I'd appreciate that.

tantra
05-14-06, 09:44 PM
Alex has been released from Herman Hospital in Houston this morning. He believes he will be fit enough for this weekend's race.

CART_Surfer
05-15-06, 12:19 AM
Alex has been released from Herman Hospital in Houston this morning. He believes he will be fit enough for this weekend's race.

Yep, the Team Australia website says that he is okay and Tags himself explains that he only had front brakes left when the throttle stuck open.....lucky he wasn't at racing speed when that happened!!!!....link......
http://www.teamaustraliamotorsport.com/latest_news.asp

Turn7
05-15-06, 09:20 AM
Nothing was ever mentioned about the Tagliani off.

The track announcers did. On the jumbotrons they just didn't show the crash but, they did show the safety workers pulling up to the tire barrier and diving head first into the top of the pile of tires.

Then they pulled away and didn't show the scene again until Tagliani was out and climbing into the truck. They did replay him shooting through the turn with his front brakes locked, hauling ass into the run off area 3 or 4 times. After that, they just showed the aerial shot from the helicopter of the cars circulating.

Speaking of track announcers, that overheard at the track dude needs some more practice. Was he the track announcer at Long Beach or was this his first time at doing this gig?

JoeBob
05-15-06, 09:50 AM
He was in the booth with Flanders at Long Beach.

datachicane
05-16-06, 11:23 AM
No, Turn 7, as clearly stated I was talking about "lack of (safe) runoff." Anywhere on any track.

Explain to me how an incident with a stuck throttle can be blamed on "lack of (safe) runoff."
Criminy, it looked like he ran it a good chunk of the way down that escape road. I don't think any amount of runoff would have prevented that accident.

Turn7
05-16-06, 02:55 PM
Just ignore him...that's what I do. :p