PDA

View Full Version : Atlantics Live

nrc
05-13-06, 06:16 PM
Formula Atlantic live race video starting now. Timing is going in the chatroom.

NismoZ
05-14-06, 04:26 PM
Wow. So, I hear Wirth was able to pull one of those "3rd-to-1st" things while Rahal was busy trying to knock Matos out of the way? Was wondering why those two finished so far back. GOING FOR IT! Also heard some of the Atlantics guys were making fun of the big boys for complaiming so much about the bumps. Deal with 'em, I guess. (still hope something can be done before next time, though.)

nrc
05-14-06, 09:59 PM
SPOILER

Rahal did a bonzi run down the inside on Matos at the chicane. Matos cut across and there was contact. Matos spun and fell back. Rahal had suspension damage. They also called Rahal for a penalty but it was moot.

Matos and Rahal had earlier executed clean passes on Wirth so there was some good racing at the front.

Dr. Corkski
05-15-06, 03:15 PM
SPOILER

Rahal did a bonzi run down the inside on Matos at the chicane. Matos cut across and there was contact. Matos spun and fell back. Rahal had suspension damage. They also called Rahal for a penalty but it was moot.

Matos and Rahal had earlier executed clean passes on Wirth so there was some good racing at the front.Obviously the track's fault.

NismoZ
05-22-06, 02:38 PM
Bingo. You are more correct than funny. Track design must assume stupidity on the part of drivers, especially at turn one on starts and restarts. Am I the only one who saw a similarity there with the Festivals in Portland? Been a few silly moves there,too. The worst I saw was by good 'ol #99 himself! They've attempted a fix there. Given the total number of incidents and accidents (hmmm, I sound like Paul Simon!) at that chicane over the course of the weekend I hope it is either eliminated or improved greatly before the next race. The concrete to the left at the entrance was like an "outside apex" with a 4 foot vertical curb! Who got pitched up and over a wheel and looked headed HEAD FIRST to the cement and catch fence pole? He got lucky. I thought that was the most dangerous incident of all (CC race) and people seemed to laugh it off! Yes, please do a redesign there!

Dr. Corkski
05-22-06, 06:21 PM
Here is a track designed to assume the stupidity of drivers:

http://www.laughingplace.com/files/AttGuide/ATTA-DL-TL-AUTOPIA/01.jpg

Or maybe the drivers should try the novel concept of not being stupid.

:gomer:

NismoZ
05-22-06, 06:50 PM
They can try. Won't happen though.

Easy
05-23-06, 11:17 AM
If drivers aren't smart enough to avoid dumb incidents then they don't finish the race. Tough titties for those who can't keep their head out of their ass, maybe they'll learn a lesson. Tracks shouldn't be redesigned because some kid doesn't care about his damage bill.

NismoZ
05-23-06, 04:30 PM
You both make sense only when talking about the wheel bumps we saw and the cone crushing. I'm referring to HEAD CRUSHING! I cannot believe for a moment you think a driver deserves death for doing something stupid on a race track. It happens, but for heaven's sake help things out a bit by correcting obvious flaws BEFORE someone dies making it obvious TO us! Better racing and fewer yellows could also be a by-product of improved track design we can all appreciate.

Easy
05-23-06, 05:01 PM
You both make sense only when talking about the wheel bumps we saw and the cone crushing. I'm referring to HEAD CRUSHING! I cannot believe for a moment you think a driver deserves death for doing something stupid on a race track. It happens, but for heaven's sake help things out a bit by correcting obvious flaws BEFORE someone dies making it obvious TO us! Better racing and fewer yellows could also be a by-product of improved track design we can all appreciate.

I missed the potential head crushing. I was responding mostly to the idea of changing the festival curves or another tight T1 because some drivers can't control themselves at the green flag.

Dr. Corkski
05-23-06, 05:38 PM
Maybe because all we were talking about was wheel bumping?

I will give you a hint here:

Matos and Rahal had earlier executed clean passes on Wirth so there was some good racing at the front.:gomer:

Ankf00
05-23-06, 05:41 PM
In NismoZ's defense...

Who got pitched up and over a wheel and looked headed HEAD FIRST to the cement and catch fence pole? He got lucky. I thought that was the most dangerous incident of all (CC race) and people seemed to laugh it off! Yes, please do a redesign there!

but that however doesn't reconcile this:

Bingo. You are more correct than funny. Track design must assume stupidity on the part of drivers, especially at turn one on starts and restarts. Am I the only one who saw a similarity there with the Festivals in Portland? Been a few silly moves there,too. The worst I saw was by good 'ol #99 himself!
in response to this:

Obviously the track's fault

Corkski + Easy - 5
NismoZ - 1

:gomer:

KLang
05-23-06, 05:43 PM
Wouldn't the only completely safe turn be no turn at all? ;) But I think they call that drag racing.