PDA

View Full Version : Montreal to Busch

nrc
05-13-06, 04:41 PM
Looks like Legault isn't the savior we'd hoped for. A Busch race in Montreal is reportedly all but a done deal.

So the question is, will Champ car scramble for support status at the Busch race or will they find another option in Canada?

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/sports/story.html?id=41602537-fda7-4866-b1c5-9a93d566def1&k=46373&p=1

coolhand
05-13-06, 04:52 PM
Looks like Legault isn't the savior we'd hoped for. A Busch race in Montreal is reportedly all but a done deal.

So the question is, will Champ car scramble for support status at the Busch race or will they find another option in Canada?

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/sports/story.html?id=41602537-fda7-4866-b1c5-9a93d566def1&k=46373&p=1

I would trade Vancouver for Montreal any day. If they still want a 3rd race in Canada make Vancouver work. That had to be my favorite race weekend.

Andrew Longman
05-13-06, 05:11 PM
I would trade Vancouver for Montreal any day. If they still want a 3rd race in Canada make Vancouver work. That had to be my favorite race weekend.

But I can't drive to Vancouver.

But then Montreal is always next to my wife's birthday and I've never (no matter how nice a Mother's Day I put on for her) convinced her that a romantic weekend in Montreal is just the thing she want's for her birthday, :)

coolhand
05-13-06, 05:31 PM
Well I am west coast so naturally I prefered Vancouver. Not the best track but it had real close proximity to downtown there.

cameraman
05-13-06, 05:36 PM
The Vancouver race was more fun to attend than it was a great race. I don't see any race happening there until after the Olympics.

I would not be surprised to see an airport race at Montreal.

coolhand
05-13-06, 05:41 PM
The Vancouver race was more fun to attend than it was a great race. I don't see any race happening there until after the Olympics.

I would not be surprised to see an airport race at Montreal.

I agree, it was a blast to attend. But If you were going to invest in a new race would you do it in the Vancouver or Montreal area? Which has more racing fans to turn out?

cameraman
05-13-06, 05:53 PM
The Olympics are not until 2010. Nothing happens in Vancouver before that.
The better city for racing? - Easily Vancouver but not until summer 2010 at the earliest.

And the False Creek location is gone.

http://www.city.vancouver.bc.ca/olympicvillage/images/conceptual_diagram.jpg

jcollins28
05-13-06, 06:10 PM
CHAMP CAR as a support race for BGN? I hope no one is holding their breath waiting for that to happen...

gjc2
05-13-06, 06:21 PM
Is the circuit wide enough for stock cars?

coolhand
05-13-06, 06:25 PM
Is the circuit wide enough for stock cars?

I would say no if they keep those Chicanes in. A NASCAR race with that many chicanes will suck

Dr. Corkski
05-13-06, 06:52 PM
I agree, it was a blast to attend. But If you were going to invest in a new race would you do it in the Vancouver or Montreal area? Which has more racing fans to turn out?Montreal would have a better atmosphere on Thursday than Vancouver on race day, and the track couldn't be much worse than Vancouver.

[/East Coast bias]

:gomer:

coolhand
05-13-06, 06:55 PM
[/East Coast bias]

For sure dude. Did you ever go to Vancouver?

RusH
05-13-06, 09:24 PM

I think KK should build one track, and hold 10 races a year there, one a month

:gomer: :thumbup:

pferrf1
05-15-06, 11:58 AM
Montreal Busch might be a red herring.

Lots of talk going on about Cayuga and rebuild to 1 mile to suit NASCAR.

Ankf00
05-15-06, 12:03 PM

Did you ever go to Montreal? :gomer:

Both are a long flight from me so I couldn't care less about the location. Never been to VAN but been to MTL quite a few times for CCWS & Grand Prix du Canada. MTL has real race fans, MTL has some great people and they show up for their races, MTL has a fantastic venue w/ easy access through public transport, and it's right next to downtown. Downtown MTL is loads of fun and ridiculously active gp week. The track layout isn't all that but it's wide enough and has run-off. On a GP weekend Parc-Jean Drapeau is packed Thurs-Sun to the brim with knowledgable folks who are there just to watch practices or walk the pits.

And oh yea, reason #1 why MTL rocks, p-o-u-t-i-n-e :gomer:

[/non-west coast homer]

coolhand
05-15-06, 01:22 PM
Vancouver Rocked, nuff said. :thumbup:

Sincearly,
A big west coast Homer.

racer2c
05-15-06, 01:52 PM
From headliner to opening act for an opening act? No thanks.