PDA

View Full Version : Bruno on pole!

rabbit
05-12-06, 12:50 AM
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=10192

Hole in the Wall Camps Driver Junqueira on Provisional Pole for the Champ Car Grand Prix of Houston; McDonald's® Driver Bourdais Loses Provisional Pole Winning Time After His Car Failed Post Qualifying Inspection

OVERALL: Bourdais’ race car failed the post qualifying technical inspection due to being three pounds Underweight and his qualifying lap times were not allowed therefore Junqueira was awarded provisional pole position as well as a guaranteed front row start and point for being fastest.

Sebastien Bourdais, No. 1 McDonald's Ford-Cosworth/Lola/Bridgestone PRIOR TO HIS CAR FAILING POST QUALIFYING TECHNNICAL INSPECTION: "Obviously the McDonald's car was awesome today. It was an eventful qualifying session with all the red flags. The layout is nice, the facility is awesome but it's a regret they didn't do more grinding. It's so bumpy out there so I'm very happy to secure a front row start. It's very important, especially here. We are starting off on a good note and hopefully we can keep progressing in this direction."

AFTER HE LEARNED OF THE DISQUALICATION OF HIS CAR: “That’s okay we’ll just have to go out there tomorrow and do it again.”Since when did Chad Knaus work for NHR? :confused: :gomer:

CART T. Katz
05-12-06, 11:04 AM
they say, you ain't cheating, you ain't trying and its only cheating if you get caught.

i wonder when newman/haas #1 team started trying really hard...

NismoZ
05-12-06, 11:26 AM
About 1983.

Wheel-Nut
05-12-06, 11:34 AM
Three pounds off the skid plate, no problem!

ChampcarShark
05-12-06, 12:49 PM
I know why he was 3 pounds lighter...

Somebody removed his lunch from the car,

Two bigMacs and a supersise soda... :D

Andrew Longman
05-12-06, 01:58 PM
So how does that happen?

The team certainly weighs the car beforehand. They know it will get weighed afterwards.

Did they burn off more fuel than expected? Is fuel even included in the weight?

Or did someone just forget the to put some ballast in place?

Or did they just lose 3# of skid plate?

RichK
05-12-06, 02:33 PM
3 lbs. is nothing. Just the engineers trying to cut the weight close, IMO.

3 lb from a 1500 lb car is only 0.2%, I wonder what the accuracy of the scales are.

Andrew Longman
05-12-06, 04:58 PM
3 lb from a 1500 lb car is only 0.2%, I wonder what the accuracy of the scales are.

My impression is they are very accurate. Digital real out. Measured under each wheel to ensure proper balance, spring heights, etc. Packaged up and guarded in fancy metal suitcases. Along with laptop telemetry, tire pressure guages and T/S readouts, the scales may be the engineers most important tool.

gpflepsen
05-12-06, 05:18 PM
They should have put about a pound of air back into each tire. :gomer:

rabbit
05-12-06, 05:30 PM
:laugh:

cart7
05-12-06, 06:48 PM
Maybe this is it...

Bourdais said the surface was so bumpy, it felt like driving on railroad tracks.
"We're actually damaging the chassis," he said.

I'm guessing 3lbs worth of parts were shaken off the thing.

Another nice track. :gomer:

Ronbo
05-13-06, 01:37 AM

But then he would be a pound over!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thats the funniest thing Iv'e heard in quite a while!

Insomniac
05-13-06, 09:26 AM
3 lbs. is nothing. Just the engineers trying to cut the weight close, IMO.

Even if they're off, all the other cars use the same scale.