PDA

View Full Version : oops

cameraman
05-11-06, 01:18 PM
Seems that Jacques is going to get a ten grid spot penality this weekend. He has to change engines because the BMW folks dropped the one he was supposed to use this weekend. Or it fell over in the truck. Something happened anyway. The official explaination is it was "During the transportation of the engine something went wrong unfortunately."

racer2c
05-11-06, 01:21 PM
Hmmm, you don't think Fisi would have snuck in there and...nah! :)

Don Quixote
05-11-06, 01:37 PM
In Formula 1, if you are a mechanic and do something like this, they first fire you and blackball you so you can never work again anywhere doing anything. Then they cause all of your relatives to be fired from their respective jobs. Finally, all your decendents are wiped from existence as if they never walked the earth. Seems harsh, but that is why these types of things don't happen very often.

stroker
05-11-06, 01:52 PM
In Formula 1, if you are a mechanic and do something like this, they first fire you and blackball you so you can never work again anywhere doing anything. Then they cause all of your relatives to be fired from their respective jobs. Finally, all your decendents are wiped from existence as if they never walked the earth. Seems harsh, but that is why these types of things don't happen very often.

Sounds like a fairly German policy.

:)

oddlycalm
05-11-06, 01:56 PM
I'd love to hear the entire story on this one...

My favorite all-time "ooops" story happened at Chrysler's Trenton engine plant when a big Warner & Swasey crankshaft main bearing grinder, the kind that have spindle with six 36" grinding wheels on it, that was freshly rebuilt was being moved into place and got hit by a train in the plant.... :gomer:

oc

racer2c
05-11-06, 02:13 PM

I could see this being true of Ferrari. I thought the Germans just had your brain wiped and reprogrammed. :)

Dr. Corkski
05-11-06, 02:27 PM
If you do something like that in Germany you will get hired as the chief engineer for Mercedes.