PDA

View Full Version : Why are Forseyth and Gentilozzi so quiet these days

Audi_A4
05-09-06, 04:11 PM
all we are hearing from is KK?

cameraman
05-09-06, 04:21 PM
When has Forsythe ever been in the spotlight?

That isn't the way he works.

NismoZ
05-09-06, 04:31 PM
And I think PG was sort of told to shut up quite awhile ago. Do you think his Grand Am effort is a contributing factor in his CC team's inability to get a consistent 2nd runner? SPEED is now saying Tonis Kasemets will be in the 2nd Rocketsports car by Monterrey and with Vasser's new "job" some are saying Pizzonia will come back when a 3rd PKV car is needed to hit 18. Nothing wrong with KK doing all the talking as far as I'm concerned.

Andrew Longman
05-09-06, 05:28 PM
The most anyone ever heard from GF was was when he was complaining about Seebass at LV last year.

PG hasn't been heard from (about the series and business of CCWS) since he spouted off, right after the bankruptcy hearing, about their long term plan was to get back to indy and perhaps merge with the IRL. (I'd love to find an old quote).

He was quickly told to shut up.

Funny thing is KK has played that scenario out, it seems, to almost perfection. We'll see.

Gangrel
05-09-06, 05:35 PM
The most anyone ever heard from GF was was when he was complaining about Seebass at LV last year.

PG hasn't been heard from (about the series and business of CCWS) since he spouted off, right after the bankruptcy hearing, about their long term plan was to get back to indy and perhaps merge with the IRL. (I'd love to find an old quote).

He was quickly told to shut up.

Funny thing is KK has played that scenario out, it seems, to almost perfection. We'll see.

Makes you kind of wonder if the current rumor merger, if true, was the grand scheme all along...PG couldn't keep his mouth shut after the bankruptcy hearing, KK and GF pulled him aside and told him that if he opens his mouth again they are going to have him fitted for a pair of concrete boots, and now two years later, here we are... :D

L1P1
05-09-06, 06:43 PM
According to the IBJ, Kalkhoven "reportedly now has majority ownership."

SteveH
05-10-06, 12:01 AM
Businessmen know not to speak during merger negotiations. Especially in publicly held companies - which neither is, but that's where KK has his roots and where GF plays. We'll not get anything of substance from them until its over. On the other hand, just about everyone associated with the IRL has been quoted on the merger in nearly every form of media. :gomer:

Lux Interior
05-10-06, 06:43 AM
I remember Paul doing a lot of talking back in 2004, but then he switched it over to KK and sort of faded. I remember Motororck. He was always talking about that. Is that still around?

Rus'L
05-12-06, 02:36 PM
I remember Paul doing a lot of talking back in 2004, but then he switched it over to KK and sort of faded. I remember Motororck. He was always talking about that. Is that still around?

As dead as the Trans-Am...

gjc2
05-12-06, 06:32 PM
According to the IBJ, Kalkhoven "reportedly now has majority ownership."

He may have bought out Gentilozzi. I believe the original arrangement was something like 40-40-20 or maybe 45-45-10. Kalkhoven may now own 55 or 60% of OWRS, Inc. Forsythe is a very astute business man and I think he has enough faith in Kalkhoven to not mind being a minority owner.

George

KLang
05-13-06, 09:33 AM
Don't know if it means anything but I saw PG meeting with some foks at the Champ Car business unit yesterday. If it was team stuff would he have been at his own hospitality suite?

EDwardo
05-13-06, 09:45 AM
Smart to speak publicly with one voice. Unless its Tony. Then it's imperative to let others speak using complete sentences.

NismoZ
05-13-06, 11:00 AM
KK was at Indy on Wed. and TG and Barnhart were in Houston Friday. Did anyone see them? I hardly think execs from both series are actually dueling over a race in San Antonio while the CEOs are sharing iced tea in Houston. I'm guessing two races in Texas (no oval) is a mergification effort not a venue battle. Be preferrable, anyway.