PDA

View Full Version : Houston GP tickets

Ankf00
05-09-06, 11:20 AM
Anyone else gotten an email from Reliant about a Reliant discount?

superpasses + paddock passes for $105...

anyone who hasn't bought tics yet and wants the URL & Password, PM me.

Ankf00
05-10-06, 07:12 PM
which stand is everyone in? Should I do stand 1 or stand 2 or stand 4?

row 11 of stand 2 is halfway down, and i'm wondering if the bridge blocks the view of the front straight, which would suck...

there's also tix available for row 4, section 1LL, which would be in stand 1 closer towardsthe final turn than turn 1, reliant arena blocking view of turn 2, but it's the 4th row so can probably see over the bridge between the final turn & the front straight...

KLang
05-11-06, 07:30 AM
We're in grandstand 1 section Q row 3. I have no idea exactly where in the grandstand that is. I figure this year is a crapshoot for sightlines until we can actually see what is what.

Ankf00
05-11-06, 08:43 AM
Yea, I went stand 1 for the same reason, would rather be in 4 or 2, but I'm bringing 3 n00bs and don't want to ruin their first race :gomer:

KLang
05-11-06, 09:02 AM
The track map shows 8 jumbotrons so hopefully everyone will have a good view. I was tempted to go with grandstand 2 but I do like watching the pit action.

Ankf00
05-11-06, 09:13 AM
I am, however, greatly disappointed at the track map update last night which shows the massive beer garden replaced by star mazda paddock...

wtf? let mazda set up in the 'dome, gimme my bier! :)

KLang
05-11-06, 09:17 AM
I am, however, greatly disappointed at the track map update last night which shows the massive beer garden replaced by star mazda paddock...

I noticed that too. They also had a vendor area there as well. I doubt we'll have trouble finding a place to buy a cold one. Probably just Bud though. :saywhat:

Turn7
05-12-06, 09:12 AM
By the turn2 grandstand there is a concession that has Heiniken and some other non Bud product. It is 8.50 for a 16 oz cup instead of the 7 for the bottled Bud beer. :rolleyes:

$25 parking, 3.50 for water, 7-8.50 for a beer. If there is only 10K through the gate all weekend, the promoter is going to turn a profit. :laugh:

KLang
05-12-06, 09:53 AM
They also were serving big ole oil cans of Tecate. Suprisingly all the beer stands had Miller Lite as well. $7 beers.... Oh well, just doing our part to support Champ Car. ;) At least they are nice enough to provide a few ATM's to refill your wallet when needed. :laugh: I will say though that $30 for an event T-shirt was seems a little excessive. Good eats available :thumbup:

G.
Yea, I went stand 1 for the same reason, would rather be in 4 or 2, but I'm bringing 3 n00bs and don't want to ruin their first race :gomer:good on ya! :thumbup:

Wheel-Nut
I paid $15 for parking inthe Westbridge lot. $7 a beer.

How about that bumb in the middle of the long right hand sweeper?!! Pucker factor of 8.

KLang
05-12-06, 09:57 AM
How about that bumb in the middle of the long right hand sweeper?!! Pucker factor of 8.

We were watching over there during the Atlantics practice. :eek: The left side was smoother but there is a manhole cover there. I expect that area to have been ground down today.

We are staying downtown, the train is only a buck.

Turn7
05-12-06, 10:03 AM
I saw the 25 dollar parking sign and turned around.

There is a park and ride lot behind the Sam's club and it has a train stop.
$2 to park and $2 for a day metro pass beat the heck out of 15-25 for parking.

I saved enough to buy a beer. :gomer:

Wheel-Nut
05-12-06, 10:15 AM
Where is the Sam's club?

Turn7
05-12-06, 10:26 AM
Where is the Sam's club?

Fannin @ 610. Go south of 610 about 1/2 mile and the lot is at the corner of Fannin and W. Belfort.

http://www.ridemetro.org/Schedules_and_Maps/park_ride_locations/pr_fanninsouth.asp

KLang
05-12-06, 10:26 AM
I thought it looked like a pretty good crowd for a Thursday. The chicane was dissapointing to see, hopefully they will figure out something different for next year. They also need to mark their maps better with where the pedistrian areas are. Took a little while to figure out how to get from place to place.

Turn7
05-12-06, 10:29 AM
To be such a small track, you have to walk your ass off to get from the parking areas to the stands.

Wheel-Nut
05-12-06, 11:12 AM
I agree but I woke up this morning and still need to do some walking!! :D

Turbodog
05-12-06, 01:02 PM
By the turn2 grandstand there is a concession that has Heiniken and some other non Bud product. It is 8.50 for a 16 oz cup instead of the 7 for the bottled Bud beer. :rolleyes:

$25 parking, 3.50 for water, 7-8.50 for a beer. If there is only 10K through the gate all weekend, the promoter is going to turn a profit. :laugh:

$15 in the yellow lot behind the bubble. Its Aramark. Same prices as Minute Maid

Ankf00
05-12-06, 04:23 PM
f the chicane...

Fanning South stop of the Metrorail is one stop south of Reliant & it has a park n ride and I'm pretty sure that's what t7 is talking 'bout.

behind the stand 7 "gp club" stand there's a row of beer vendors w/ dos equis & shiner on tap, 7 bucks for 21oz, fwiw... flasks > track beer :gomer: