PDA

View Full Version : Joie Chitwood - learnin bout F1 n stuff.

Spicoli
05-09-06, 09:52 AM
:gomer:

Much on Chitwood's plate

IMS president Joie Chitwood is focused on a busy May, but he has an eye on two other projects.
The future of the Formula One race at the track remains unsettled, he said, and because of that his staff did not send ticket renewal forms to customers, as is the track's custom.
"With the uncertainty of the event, we didn't think it was appropriate to be taking people's money now," he said. "If (the U.S. Grand Prix) is on F-1's calendar for 2007, we'll do a renewal in the fall."
Chitwood remains optimistic the USGP will continue after the contract expires with the July 2 race.
"I feel pretty good going into the event; I've been surprised how strong the passion for F-1 is," he said. "The decision for us to do this (beginning with the 2000 race) wasn't for seven years; it was for the long haul."
Chitwood said he continues to research the possibility of hosting a motorcycle race in the near future.
"There is an active interest on my part," he said.

Yeah Joie - kinda differnt than EARL.

:rofl:

eiregosod
05-09-06, 02:24 PM
120k paying customers at the Nurburgring. Is Tony going to top that for the USGP?

SteveH
05-09-06, 03:27 PM
120k paying customers at the Nurburgring. Is Tony going to top that for the USGP?

Define paying? :gomer:

eiregosod
05-09-06, 08:58 PM
Define paying? :gomer:

anyone who recieves a ticket that is bought and paid for in Yen

trauma1
05-10-06, 08:42 AM
he's going to learn more when BE pullls out of IMS and goes to vegas

Cam
05-10-06, 09:29 AM
anyone who recieves a ticket that is bought and paid for in Yen

I thought it was francs this year? Oh wait... They switched to Euros.... :p