PDA

View Full Version : Survey says.......

Pages : [1] 2

Spicoli
05-05-06, 01:27 PM
The deal is done. :thumbup:

finally, we can get back to racing. I got no news on the specs. 22 race sched for 07. TBA in June.

And something about Penske bought 2 cars??? I'll try to get that clarified on Sunday when I am out in the Suites.

racer2c
05-05-06, 01:32 PM
:cool: :thumbup:

Everytime I think about it I'm still amazed it's been 10 FREAKIN' years!

I'll have to send out my 500 party announcemnts " Hey, remember my Indy 500 parties? Well, it's been 10 years baby, time to do it again!" :gomer:

pineapple
05-05-06, 01:35 PM
The people who created this mess should be made to drive Dallaras and GForces at Texas.

That's one race I'd like to be able to see from space.

G.
05-05-06, 01:56 PM
I have NO REASON to doubt you Spikkly, or your sources, but I am fully convinced that FTG can still **** it up!

To be honest with y'all, it'll be major pucker factor until the green flag drops in '07. :saywhat:

Spicoli
05-05-06, 01:59 PM
The source is as reliable as they come.

[depender/wilke}

Tony won. Its all about Mindy.

[/indyfool/wilke]

:rofl:

NismoZ
05-05-06, 02:21 PM
A survey? Well, that's IT then. Now they hafta do it!

Al Czervik
05-05-06, 02:33 PM

finally, we can get back to racing. I got no news on the specs. 22 race sched for 07. TBA in June.

And something about Penske bought 2 cars??? I'll try to get that clarified on Sunday when I am out in the Suites.

Didn't you say you were having 'ritas at lunch today?

Tequilla will make you see, hear, and do things you wouldn't normally do.

RusH
05-05-06, 02:40 PM
Whooohoo! Party Time, Happy Cinco!
http://www.spokane7.com/blogs/taste/images/hagar.jpg

Spicoli
05-05-06, 03:01 PM
thanks for reminding me to go get a 'Rita. :thumbup:

KLang
05-05-06, 03:01 PM
I have NO REASON to doubt you Spikkly, or your sources, but I am fully convinced that FTG can still **** it up!

Yep, and if not the devil will be in the details. If FTG is in charge........

dando
05-05-06, 03:23 PM
:cool:

Damn, and I'm not wearing socks today! Is Jargon Joe your source? :gomer: ;)

For the sake of the sport, I hope this is true. Heck, it's more believable than BE buyinng C^RT. :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
05-05-06, 03:27 PM
Everytime I think about it I'm still amazed it's been 10 FREAKIN' years!
10 years since the US 500, but the split happened long before that. It'll be 11 years since the last unified 500 in '95. Damn. Where did all my hair go? ;) :(

But I agree. I cannot believe it lasted this long. Da Nile ain't just a river in Egypt. :shakehead

-Kevin

Spicoli
05-05-06, 03:56 PM
:cool:

Damn, and I'm not wearing socks today! Is Jargon Joe your source? :gomer: ;)

For the sake of the sport, I hope this is true. Heck, it's more believable than BE buyinng C^RT. :saywhat:

-Kevin

i am amazed people still don't believe it was a possibility. BE himself admitted he looked into it, but didn't go forward.

Bank on this one.

Elmo T
05-05-06, 03:56 PM
TBA in June.

Post Mindy announcement? Timing with Milwaukee/Cleveland? Sock tethers? Champaign? Tears in your beer? ;) ;)

rabbit
05-05-06, 04:00 PM
i am amazed people still don't believe it was a possibility. BE himself admitted he looked into it, but didn't go forward.Yep, Gordon Kirby told me himself that BE admitted to him that he was just waiting for the stock to get low enough. But then when it did, he backed out.

Turbodog
05-05-06, 05:13 PM
The source is as reliable as they come.

[depender/wilke}

Tony won. Its all about Mindy.

[/indyfool/wilke]

Racing Truth
05-05-06, 05:17 PM
w00t! :thumbup: :thumbup:

God, I hope you're right Spicky.

I know Tony's concerned w/ not disrupting Indy activities, but a Carb Day or race day announcement is a win-win. But what do I know?

Either, its almost over, we hope.

nissan gtp
05-05-06, 05:23 PM

Penske buying cars ? Are the DP01s on sale yet ?

22 races and 20-26 cars will rawk :thumbup:

"welcome back arseholes" :rofl:

NismoZ
05-05-06, 05:51 PM
IF FTG is in charge? (speaking of surveys)...NSSN reports fan's vote on who should run a merged series...Brian France-7.3, Tony George-6.6, Kevin Kalkhoven-71.9, Roger Penske-9.1, Humpy Wheeler-5.2. :eek: That was NSSN, folks, not Road & Street Turbo-Weekly!

NismoZ
05-05-06, 05:55 PM
So, 22 races, MAYbe 6-7 ovals? Who do you think drives Penske's 2nd car? :)

Racing Truth
05-05-06, 06:01 PM

6-7?

So, 15-16 r/s (with way too many streets, methinks) and 6-7 ovals?

I don't like a majority oval deal, but that wouldn't be enough, IMHO.

Turbodog
05-05-06, 06:12 PM

Kurt Busch :gomer: :p

NismoZ
05-05-06, 06:17 PM
Just going by what I've heard/read from many rumor sources...but none came even close to the 50/50 scenerio of months gone by. I was merely speculating on whether Penske would want to retain Sam Hornish if the schedule was light on ovals. 33% ovals isn't too few. It's the upper limit ! :D

cameraman
05-05-06, 06:32 PM
I could live quite happily if I never saw that weasel Hornish in any race, any where, ever again.....

gjc2
05-05-06, 07:34 PM
The name of the combined series will have to include the word "Indy" and I'm sure the cars will be referred to as "Indy Cars". Those two facts will make it look to many that TG won, which really stinks.

George

beaner
05-05-06, 07:44 PM
I still don't see it happening.

Racing Truth
05-05-06, 07:46 PM
The name of the combined series will have to include the word "Indy" and I'm sure the cars will be referred to as "Indy Cars". Those two facts will make it look to many that TG won, which really stinks.

George

Meh, so? As long as reality is different, then no biggie.

nissan gtp
05-05-06, 07:49 PM
I have no problem with that

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/1874557519.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Spicoli
05-05-06, 07:51 PM
I still don't see it happening.

get new glasses beaner. :p

beaner
05-05-06, 07:53 PM
get new glasses beaner. :p

Had lasik done. :gomer:

Is Danica still pregnant?

racer2c
05-05-06, 07:53 PM
The can call it Indy Car just like was, as long as it's a Champ Car on the track. :cool:

racer2c
05-05-06, 07:54 PM

With my baby. What of it? She woned Indy! :gomer:

Spicoli
05-05-06, 07:54 PM

huh?

:rolleyes:

beaner
05-05-06, 08:06 PM
huh?

:rolleyes:

Road America
05-05-06, 08:38 PM
TBA in June???

I thought all the TBA's were running in the Month of May. :p

dando
05-05-06, 09:01 PM
With my baby. What of it? She woned Indy! :gomer:
I thought she boned Indy. ;) :gomer:

She definitely whored herself out on ESPN today. She was on every ESPN Radio show I heard, and then later on PTI or SC....I caught that through the bottom of a glass of beer, so I'm sure which it was. :D

-Kevin

greenie
05-05-06, 09:45 PM
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Very good news! :booze:

greenie
05-05-06, 10:57 PM
Thought about this a little - and before tonight gets boozed out ...

If they are delaying the announcement until June that tells me that the new equipment won't be the buckets. Otherwise you'd have some Champ Car teams taking a run at the earl 500 this year - even with the schedule conflict. Thank goodness for that - the buckets in a merger are a dealbreaker for me - and probably everyone here.

That's why the Mindy roullete is setting up nicely w/wankers and retirees fire-suiting up. That's going to be a perilous way to end the farce of a series - but it's not a concern to me.

Be done with it and let's move on. :cool:

FTG
05-05-06, 11:06 PM
Otherwise you'd have some Champ Car teams taking a run at the earl 500 this year - even with the schedule conflict.

One thing that I can't figure out, if you're going to return to Indy next year, does it make sense to have a 20 or 24 car farce there this year? Doesn't it make more sense to "protect your investment" by having a full field this year and generating some excitement?

NismoZ
05-05-06, 11:16 PM
I think most rumors are still speculating on a May MERGER announcement, it's the SCHEDULE that may be announced in June. (?)

nrc
05-05-06, 11:24 PM
Announcing after Indy makes no sense. Either it's something Tony George wants to happen without a lot of fanfare or they're just leaking the after Indy timeline as a smokescreen.

pferrf1
05-06-06, 12:13 AM
or its about OW racing PR momentum.... i.e Indy one week, merger the next.....

Warlock!
05-06-06, 09:47 AM

^^^Original post needs more ,,,,,,,,,,'s.

Insomniac
05-06-06, 10:03 AM
One thing that I can't figure out, if you're going to return to Indy next year, does it make sense to have a 20 or 24 car farce there this year? Doesn't it make more sense to "protect your investment" by having a full field this year and generating some excitement?

Well, if it's the end of the road for the chassis, then I'm sure they can fill the field up a little more cheaply. Wreck the chassis, oh well, no one will need it after Indy.

FTG
05-06-06, 10:32 AM
John Oreovicz

Q: What will bring the 500 back to glory?

A: Nothing short of the unification of American open-wheel racing. But I have a sneaking suspicion something to that effect might get announced this May. In 2002, when Honda revealed it was entering IRL competition with a press conference on Indy's Carburetion Day, it was as if a nuclear bomb went off at the speedway. The announcement of a Champ Car-IRL merger would be even bigger -- and far better -- news.

NismoZ
05-06-06, 10:53 AM
Yeah, good old Honda...I remember it well. :rolleyes: (remember, they will do ANYthing to assist in unification...IF it is consistent with their business plan. :confused: The "Honda First" credo is scary'n FTG hisself! )

dando
05-06-06, 01:24 PM
i am amazed people still don't believe it was a possibility. BE himself admitted he looked into it, but didn't go forward.
I believe that he looked into it. I just never thought he'd buy it due to the FTG factor and the fact that C^RT was a mess @ the time.

-Kevin

Racing Truth
05-07-06, 03:17 PM

Well, contracts and all, esp. Houston (though Monterrey could go away for all I care)... Plus, I'm guessing by the time talks got really serious, it was far too late.

FanofMario
05-07-06, 07:07 PM
I hope Spicoli is right with this one, because the Indy media coverage of opening day is about to make me barf! God, I hope he is right! We have all been fooled so many times and I guess I'm a skeptic. :(

Hard Driver
05-07-06, 07:50 PM
Personally, I am getting a little apathetic. But I do hope this is right.

Spicoli
05-07-06, 08:33 PM
Personally, I am getting a little apathetic. But I do hope this is right.

I think we all do.

some say a merger is not for them. well, what we have now sucks. I think together, its got a chance.

we shall see.

SurfaceUnits
05-07-06, 09:29 PM
Ok so you're Forkalozzi and you have watched the total disdain, lack of respect for, and the mockery of open wheel racing in general and the AARP 500 at Indianapolis in particular shown by crackboy and you like lie awake at night with anticipation of getting to partner with him? I think most here are looking forward to a merger more than they are.

nrc
05-07-06, 10:39 PM
well, what we have now sucks.

Tony George is the suck. How much open wheel racing sucks is directly related to his influence over it.

Accipiter
05-07-06, 10:54 PM
Announcing after Indy makes no sense. Either it's something Tony George wants to happen without a lot of fanfare or they're just leaking the after Indy timeline as a smokescreen.

It makes sense if Honda is out. This way it lets the story of the 500 be about them winning rather than them leaving.

devilmaster
05-08-06, 05:32 AM
Tony George is the suck. How much open wheel racing sucks is directly related to his influence over it.

And not even good enough to be a 2 bit whore suck..... ;)

trauma1
05-08-06, 04:19 PM
survey says FTG f'd it up. there will be no merger in 07, not with CC picking 3 new races, heard he basically wanted full control and told that to firestone, honda and every one else and they are not going to play his game anymore :rofl:

FTG
05-08-06, 05:04 PM
survey says FTG f'd it up. there will be no merger in 07, not with CC picking 3 new races, heard he basically wanted full control and told that to firestone, honda and every one else and they are not going to play his game anymore :rofl:

What's so interesting about this, is that I've heard so many conflicting rumors and lots of them make sense. The family being tired of losing money makes sense. Tony being a dick makes sense. And, of course, getting wasted before starting a gun fight, makes no sense, but it happened, so you need to leave open the possibility of some really weird nonsense.

sundaydriver2
05-08-06, 06:55 PM

Line of the century!

:thumbup: :rofl:

Al Czervik
05-08-06, 08:56 PM
Line of the century!

:thumbup: :rofl:

No, it was Tony doing the line of the century that put us in this mess!

FCYTravis
05-09-06, 12:14 AM
For the IndyCar dealie, show 100 people on the street a picture of a Champ Car. Ask them what it is. 99 of 'em will say it's an IndyCar. It was and is a way stronger brand-name than "Champ Car" - c'mon, why else would CART have gone to court to keep the name? "Champ Car" was the sloppy seconds they were forced to accept. No second thoughts - call it the IndyCar World Series.

nrc
05-09-06, 12:30 AM
For the IndyCar dealie, show 100 people on the street a picture of a Champ Car. Ask them what it is. 99 of 'em will say it's an IndyCar.
It would be an interesting test. I'll bet a lot of folks from outside Indiana would guess that it was an F1 car.

FCYTravis
05-09-06, 12:40 AM
nrc, as few people as there are in America who care about IndyChampCars, there are even fewer who pay attention to F1 - and those who care about F1 would be able to tell the pollster the difference between the two.

But I think it would make an interesting survey. Maybe a project for us OffCamberites? I volunteer to stand on a street corner and ask 10 random Northern Californians what kind of car Seabass is driving :)

RusH
05-09-06, 07:46 AM
nrc, as few people as there are in America who care about IndyChampCars, there are even fewer who pay attention to F1 - and those who care about F1 would be able to tell the pollster the difference between the two.

Ever get the feeling there are more F1 fans today in America though?
Not to hijack a thread, but between the ratings, and the channels message board activity, you wonder.

nrc
05-09-06, 08:53 AM

I'm not saying that they pay attention to F1. I'm saying that some people have a vague notion that open wheel cars are Formula One cars.

Ankf00
05-09-06, 10:11 AM
Ever get the feeling there are more F1 fans today in America though?
Not to hijack a thread, but between the ratings, and the channels message board activity, you wonder.

I do, don't know any other champ car fans in person other than 1 kid I knew in HS.

I have met quite a few F1 enthusiasts in the past 4-5 years, however.

Tifosi24
05-09-06, 10:18 AM
It depends where you go I suppose, but where I grew up people would call them an Indycar and not an F1 car. I agree with Travis, if any deal happens the name needs to be IndyCar because Champ Car has no branding right now and I doubt that it will ever have any branding potential these days. I realize that is what it use to be called, but I can guarantee a marketer will never be able to convince people that we should call cars horseless carriages again.

FCYTravis
05-09-06, 12:18 PM
I agree, I think there are "more" F1 fans... but more is a relative thing, and "more" F1 fans still doesn't add up to very many people in the grand scheme of things.

Brian_R
05-10-06, 10:21 AM
I think the F1 fans watching speed are a higher concentration of vocal / diehard fans, not necessarily popularity. As long as it keeps people out of the NASCAR pit it's fine with me. :cool:

Spicoli
05-10-06, 02:02 PM
I think the F1 fans watching speed are a higher concentration of vocal / diehard fans, not necessarily popularity. As long as it keeps people out of the NASCAR pit it's fine with me. :cool:

Yep, unlike IRL fans, they have money to spend. Watch the ads on SpeedTv broadcasts.

Spicoli
05-23-06, 09:22 AM
Interesting stuff part 2,384.....

Evidently Eidswick and Chernelick are out. DC could/can be "the Man" for the merged series? Back in town this weekend. :thumbup:

Stevie Johnson's weak sauce and no "get R done", CCWS sponsorships at all time low.

let's get thru this weekend and see just how much TG loves his "investment" of FIFTEEN cars (yep, that includes Vi$$$$ions....).

They wait much longer and they won;t have 20 cars between the 2 of them.

..IMHO............ :D

KLang
05-23-06, 09:29 AM
I thought Eidswick had a sick spouse at home and wasn't expected to be around for long anyway?

Spicoli
05-23-06, 09:45 AM
I thought Eidswick had a sick spouse at home and wasn't expected to be around for long anyway?

Yes.

racer2c
05-23-06, 09:50 AM

Evidently Eidswick and Chernelick are out. DC could/can be "the Man" for the merged series? Back in town this weekend. :thumbup:

Dick Cheney? David Coultard?

dando
05-23-06, 09:53 AM
Dick Cheney? David Coultard?
Dale Coyne? :gomer:

-Kevin

Spicoli
05-23-06, 10:19 AM
David Clare.

dando
05-23-06, 10:28 AM
David Clare.
I thought he was still busy pulling together the South American races for the '07 schedule? :gomer: Could be worse, I guess, but I thought he was 'weak sauce' as well?

-Kevin

rabbit
05-23-06, 10:51 AM
Phew! I thought he was going to say Dr. Corkski. :gomer: :p

TravelGal
05-23-06, 10:52 AM

Stevie Johnson's weak sauce and no "get R done", CCWS sponsorships at all time low.

Corroborates what I posted before about the SCCA guy being glad they got rid of Johnson. Can anyone remember whose friend he was? That is, er, how he got the job with CC in the first place.

racer2c
05-23-06, 10:52 AM
Phew! I thought he was going to say Dr. Corkski. :gomer: :p

LOL!

Well, he'd probably be better than Dick Clark.

extramundane
05-23-06, 11:05 AM
Corroborates what I posted before about the SCCA guy being glad they got rid of Johnson. Can anyone remember whose friend he was? That is, er, how he got the job with CC in the first place.

Wait, you mean the guy who couldn't convince Speed(vision) to promote (or even frequently broadcast on the same race weekend) the series it "sponsors" might not be the best leader?

Whoda thunk it?

Spicoli
05-23-06, 11:20 AM
I thought he was still busy pulling together the South American races for the '07 schedule? :gomer: Could be worse, I guess, but I thought he was 'weak sauce' as well?

-Kevin

Came to CCWS with F1/Bernie background.

He got thrown to the wolves by Eidswick. "Go fix Ansan or don't come back!" Well, we all know how that ended.

Then he went to A1GP. Mild success.

Eidswick now gone.

Meets with TG & KK, and "get R done"? i dunno, juss stuff I heard.

needs ta happen, or FTG and never look back.......IMHO. ;)

Racing Truth
05-23-06, 02:26 PM

let's get thru this weekend and see just how much TG loves his "investment" of FIFTEEN cars (yep, that includes Vi$$$$ions....).

They wait much longer and they won;t have 20 cars between the 2 of them.

..IMHO............ :D

Seems right, on all counts.

FWIW: A TF poster (Fogelhund- who's no IRL fanboy IIRC) says from a, you guessed it, "inside source," "No merger in 2007." Dunno 'bout '08 though.

YMMV.

KLang
05-23-06, 03:17 PM
FTG and never look back

:thumbup:

If only the old CART owners could have done that..... :flame:

Insomniac
05-23-06, 09:13 PM
:thumbup:

If only the old CART owners could have done that..... :flame:

You just don't know what Indy means!

gjc2
05-24-06, 07:43 AM
Seems right, on all counts.

FWIW: A TF poster (Fogelhund- who's no IRL fanboy IIRC) says from a, you guessed it, "inside source," "No merger in 2007." Dunno 'bout '08 though.

YMMV.

No merger in 2007 means no merger. I really believe it's now or never. I'm OK with never. I think the new DP01 will rejuvenate the CCWS. I believe the rumors of the Andretti-Green move back to Champ Car, and I'll bet they're not the only ones considering switching.

George

dando
05-27-06, 08:08 AM
Bank on this one.
Where can I make a withdrawal? :gomer: :saywhat: :(

-Kevin

Spicoli
05-27-06, 08:45 AM
Where can I make a withdrawal? :gomer: :saywhat: :(

-Kevin

The deal is done.

:gomer:

rabbit
06-02-06, 08:02 PM
From le Journal de Montreal:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=fr_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.canoe.com%2Fsports%2Fnouvell es%2Farchives%2F2006%2F06%2F20060601-101500.html

The greatest conflict of the history of the North-American motor race would be regulated.

Per hour when the promoter Normand Legault tries évincer the series Champ Bus of the island Our-injury, the Newspaper of Montreal learned that the reunification of this championship and Indy Racing League (IRL) would be made thing. That means that new super-championship will see the day the next season and that it any more but does not remain to be seen whether Montreal will form part of it.
In the local newspapers, journalists close to George wrote that an agreement of principle had occurred between the parts concerning the use of the frames, the engines and the tires which will be used within the future championship.

At the Great Price of Monaco, a source close to Field Bus { :laugh: } presented the reunification as being "made thing". Another source revealed that the drafting of the texts was already started.
Under cover of anonymity, a representative of the Honda motor mechanic entrusted that the multinational nippone had chosen to continue to imply itself in IRL with a simple aim of helping to save the North-American automobile sport, while carrying out an intense lobbying so that an agreement occurs between the parts.

As from the next year, the single-seaters of the new Indy championship would thus be equipped with new Panoz frames. Honda and Cosworth would act by way of motor mechanics.

racer2c
06-02-06, 10:00 PM
From le Journal de Montreal:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=fr_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.canoe.com%2Fsports%2Fnouvell es%2Farchives%2F2006%2F06%2F20060601-101500.html

Bring it on! :thumbup:

Ankf00
06-03-06, 02:49 AM
**** YEAH!!!!

(not that I ever wanted to align with doucherocket, but, the writing is on the wall....)

gjc2
06-03-06, 08:39 AM
"agreement of principle had occurred"
"Another source revealed that the drafting of the texts was already started"

If the two statements above are true TG still has a chance to do something stupid that breaks the deal. I'll believe it when I see it.

Spicoli
06-03-06, 08:56 AM
I'm not so sure TG is holding things up. ;)

Lux Interior
06-03-06, 09:08 AM
It's inevitable at this point. If there is no merger, 100% chance both series go down the toilet. If there is a merger, there is only a 50% chance that the merged series goes down the dumper :rofl:

SurfaceUnits
06-03-06, 09:30 AM
but the gomers said this was the most sucksessfull Indy ever. Gene "I am Mindy" Simpson was so proud of all his accomplishments. :cry:

Lux Interior
06-03-06, 09:38 AM
but the gomers said this was the most sucksessfull Indy ever. Gene "I am Mindy" Simpson was so proud of all his accomplishments. :cry:

Well, one thing is for sure - Carmelo Anthony must have enjoyed dumping his NBA money in the first two laps! :cry:

SurfaceUnits
06-03-06, 09:54 AM
Ol' Ronnie fired everybody, closed the shop, said call me next year.

gjc2
06-03-06, 10:12 AM
It's inevitable at this point. If there is no merger, 100% chance both series go down the toilet. If there is a merger, there is only a 50% chance that the merged series goes down the dumper :rofl:

I'm a bit more optimistic. If a merger does not happen, two or three of the bigger IRL teams could force the issue by switching over to Champ Car. With Kalkhoven's offer the keep the month of May open those teams would still be able to run Indy. I think the new spec Champ Car is going to be a very attractive package to team principals. With only 15 or 16 cars on the grid the IRL will not be able to continue, unless TG is willing to fill the field himself. A scenario that keeps TG out of the management of the series, and only the promoter the I500 is the best option.

George

KLang
06-03-06, 10:21 AM
With Kalkhoven's offer the keep the month of May open those teams would still be able to run Indy.

This has never been confirmed as anything more then wishfull thinking by Miller.

As for this latest article, none of the previous rumors has worked out. Why should this one be any different?

jonovision_man
06-03-06, 10:26 AM
I don't quite get this... "Dans les journaux locaux, des journalistes proches de George ont écrit qu'une entente de principe était survenue entre les parties concernant l'utilisation des châssis, des moteurs et des pneumatiques qui seront utilisés au sein du futur championnat."

In local papers writers wrote that an agreement in principal is done? Which local papers? The IndyStar? Maybe the french writer is using Babelfish to translate from English and something got translated funny. :)

jono

Lux Interior
06-03-06, 10:57 AM
I'm a bit more optimistic. If a merger does not happen, two or three of the bigger IRL teams could force the issue by switching over to Champ Car. With Kalkhoven's offer the keep the month of May open those teams would still be able to run Indy. I think the new spec Champ Car is going to be a very attractive package to team principals. With only 15 or 16 cars on the grid the IRL will not be able to continue, unless TG is willing to fill the field himself. A scenario that keeps TG out of the management of the series, and only the promoter the I500 is the best option.

George

I never thought of that. Good point.