PDA

View Full Version : Survey says.......

Pages : 1 [2]

Spicoli
06-03-06, 02:32 PM
fTG needs us more than we need him. We need Indy, not him = clarification.

When Honda bolts/doesn't accept KKs terms, whatever, who the F do you think is gonna write the checks for Fernandeth, AGR, Gan*******, Rahole, etc etc...?

They'll have to either get all the money they need from fTG, or try the CCWS route where the cars are less $$$, more peeps in the stands, and some sponsor interest.

I think Honda is the one f-ing this up.....I think the teams and even fTG see what is best.....just a thought. :D

you think Tony shot a wad for Indy THIS year, imagine next.... :shakehead

gjc2
07-21-06, 06:07 PM
The deal is done. :thumbup:

finally, we can get back to racing. I got no news on the specs. 22 race sched for 07. TBA in June.

And something about Penske bought 2 cars??? I'll try to get that clarified on Sunday when I am out in the Suites.

What happened, where's the merger? June has come and gone, and still no merger.

George

ps: there aint gonna be no merger

Spicoli
07-21-06, 08:14 PM
What happened, where's the merger? June has come and gone, and still no merger.

George

ps: there aint gonna be no merger

Its what I was told at the time. I think everybody thought it was there.

thanks for getting all your important news from me.

Would you like a Red Hat for your tubble?

:rofl:

devilmaster
07-21-06, 10:54 PM
I have no doubt that at one point Tony agreed to a deal.

I also have no doubt that Tony effed it up.

Lizzerd
07-21-06, 11:12 PM
Its what I was told at the time. I think everybody thought it was there.

Would you like a Red Hat for your tubble?

:rofl:

And is Danica still pregnant?

Spicoli
07-22-06, 05:46 AM
And is Danica still pregnant?

I suppose you could ask her, but then that would involve you talking to a woman. :gomer:

:laugh:

gjc2
07-22-06, 08:01 AM

Where I get my important news is not the issue.

Spicoli
07-22-06, 08:02 AM
Where I get my important news is not the issue.

huh?

then what is?

gjc2
07-22-06, 08:20 AM
huh?

then what is?

Your initial post implied that you had first hand knowledge that the merger was a done deal, and that the official announcement would have been made in June. You didn't qualify you your statement, you stated it as fact. It seems your sources are not very reliable. Where I get my "important news" is not the issue, where you get yours is.

George

Spicoli
07-22-06, 08:39 AM
Your initial post implied that you had first hand knowledge that the merger was a done deal, and that the official announcement would have been made in June. You didn't qualify you your statement, you stated it as fact. It seems your sources are not very reliable. Where I get my "important news" is not the issue, where you get yours is, is.

George

Hmmm.

Well George, I'm not sure where to begin.

On Offcamber.net some of us "know people" in different facets of the business. We don't always tell our sources, just like newspaper guys, etc. For a variety of reasons, that is the way it is. If this is notacceptable to you, then you probably won't find much value in reaing these boards.

To address your particular "concern" here, there are more than a couple people here who know who the source is on this particular tidbit/rumor, and NO I'm not going to tell you who it is/was.

As D'master stated above:

I have no doubt that at one point Tony agreed to a deal.

I also have no doubt that Tony effed it up.

I think most here agree. If it can be for the detriment of the sport, leave it to fTG to screw it up.

Does this satisfy your cravings, oh curious boy?

gjc2
07-22-06, 09:28 AM
Hmmm.

Well George, I'm not sure where to begin.

On Offcamber.net some of us "know people" in different facets of the business. We don't always tell our sources, just like newspaper guys, etc. For a variety of reasons, that is the way it is. If this is notacceptable to you, then you probably won't find much value in reaing these boards.

To address your particular "concern" here, there are more than a couple people here who know who the source is on this particular tidbit/rumor, and NO I'm not going to tell you who it is/was.

As D'master stated above:

I think most here agree. If it can be for the detriment of the sport, leave it to fTG to screw it up.

Does this satisfy your cravings, oh curious boy?

Two questions:

1) Did you say that the merger was a done deal and that it would be
announced in June?
2) Is the merger a done deal and was it announced in June?

I didn't ask and have no desire to know who your source is.

George

Insomniac
07-22-06, 10:18 AM
Two questions:

1) Did you say that the merger was a done deal and that it would be
announced in June?
2) Is the merger a done deal and was it announced in June?

I didn't ask and have no desire to know who your source is.

George

Wow, what's the big deal? You know, OC is not a news outlet. Everything is rumor, conjecture or a possibility unless it is actualy reported as fact. Last time I checked, Spicoli is not reporting. He got some information from someone who he believes gave him good information and he was nice enough to share it with us. Most of us here knew it was not fact and could not come to fruition. That is why the story was not on the front page of the Indy Star.

dando
07-22-06, 10:25 AM
That is why the story was not on the front page of the Indy Star.
Heck, even when that does happen, FTG turns around a disputes what he supposedly said. Based on what we've read in the real press these past two mos., the list is long of peeps that have been led astray by 'king Tony and his minions. :mad: :shakehead

-Kevin

gjc2
07-22-06, 10:37 AM
Wow, what's the big deal? You know, OC is not a news outlet. Everything is rumor, conjecture or a possibility unless it is actualy reported as fact. Last time I checked, Spicoli is not reporting. He got some information from someone who he believes gave him good information and he was nice enough to share it with us. Most of us here knew it was not fact and could not come to fruition. That is why the story was not on the front page of the Indy Star.

When I posted something that was incorrect I was called a prerogative. I'm just making a point.

Spicoli
07-22-06, 11:08 AM
When I posted something that was incorrect I was called a prerogative. I'm just making a point.

mazybe people just don;t like you. :rofl:

What's the deal? You just wanna pick a fight or what?

gjc2
07-22-06, 11:12 AM
mazybe people just don;t like you.

maybe?

Opposite Lock
07-22-06, 11:59 AM

Someone called you a "prerogative"? That doesn't even make sense. Oh well, I guess that was their prerogative. :gomer:

Insomniac
07-22-06, 12:09 PM

I don't know who called you that or what you posted that ended up being incorrect, but who are you making the point to? I'm sure there is a long list of people who have made posts that ended up being incorrect. It's a message board.

Spicoli
07-22-06, 01:02 PM
maybe?

http://i5.tinypic.com/20qgwme.jpg

http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/happy020.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

pkvracing12
07-22-06, 01:35 PM
Danica is having Rusty's Baby :) :gomer:

Elmo T
07-22-06, 02:14 PM
Danica is having Rusty's Baby :) :gomer:

I heard it here first. :rofl:

[edit] That WAS sarcasm in case it was missed!

FCYTravis
07-23-06, 06:35 AM
Never trust anything you read on a racing forum.

racer2c
07-23-06, 10:01 AM
Duh FiveHunert under lights in 07'! You HErD it Hear FirST! (or mabeee 2econd). :gomer: :D

Stu
07-23-06, 10:57 AM

Ok I won't trust what you just said. :D

Insomniac
07-23-06, 10:59 AM
Duh FiveHunert under lights in 07'! You HErD it Hear FirST! (or mabeee 2econd). :gomer: :D

F-A-C-T!!! racer2c heard it from the sandwich counter guy who heard it from his wife who heard it at the hair salon from a stylist who heard it while on a cruise in Alaska from an eskimo who heard it from Brian Barnhart's fifth cousin who heard it at the the Barnhart family reunion (where Barnhart shares too much after a few drinks) who heard it from TG.

extramundane
07-23-06, 11:06 AM

Especially when it comes from PR people.

:D

NismoZ
07-23-06, 11:09 AM
Welllll...now I feel a whole lot better! Try to have a little fun around here sometimes and a few people go nuts. PROOF! We want PROOF of what you say! Sources! Who said that!? Give me at least 3 links! (so you can trash them, too?) :rolleyes: I said it, d-bags. Don't believe it if you don't want to! Or, better yet, perhaps you could do a little research yourselves? :eek:

devilmaster
07-23-06, 11:20 AM
Welllll...now I feel a whole lot better! Try to have a little fun around here sometimes and a few people go nuts. PROOF! We want PROOF of what you say! Sources! Who said that!? Give me at least 3 links! (so you can trash them, too?) :rolleyes: I said it, d-bags. Don't believe it if you don't want to! Or, better yet, perhaps you could do a little research yourselves? :eek:

Wait just one minute here.

Spickkly at least explains his rumour in full and even hints at where he heard it.

You just put out vague comments without telling anyone where you heard it.

Half the time you're asked where you heard it, and the other half you're asked to qualify your statement because usually your first one didn't make sense to begin with.

And that's a big difference.

FanofMario
07-23-06, 11:23 AM
From Edmonton and AR1:

"With all the rumors which have been around this year of a possible Champ Car-IRL merger or the suggestions that all it would take is a couple of top teams like Rahal-Letterman, Roger Penske or Chip Ganassi to come over to Champ Car, Bobby Rahal said it's possible. You might just see that big Rahal-Letterman unit in the paddock around in the future, and not just visiting to watch his son race Formula Atlantic.

"You never know,'' he said.

"It's a great series. Owners like to race in great series. Many things depend on sponsors. They're putting on great events. It's great racing. Whatever will happen will happen.''

As for the merger ...

"I hope so,'' he said. "But we've only been talking about that for the last decade.

"Penske, Ganassi or ourselves are probably 50-50 odds,'' he said of making a move to Champ Car if a merger doesn't happen.

He certainly likes what he witnessed here yesterday.

Rahal said he'd heard about the crowds here last year but said seeing 59,538 for qualifying yesterday is believing.

"I think it's great. It's a great venue. It's very impressive. It's wonderful.''

Rahal said he can see his son racing Champ Car in the future, even if Rahal-Letterman stays in the IRL." :gomer: :gomer:

We might be off by a few months, but when the rest of the Hurl see's that CC actually has people attend races, all it is going to take are a few teams coming back home. :thumbup:

NismoZ
07-23-06, 12:52 PM
Sure, and because it's AR1 it is not to be believed by the hate group. Consider the source and all that. Water under the bridge, get over it. Yep, a rumo(u)r is a rumor and I don't start them. I read them and I report them as such. I AM the source for some of them as I know a few people and listen carefully. No harm has ever been done by anything I've had to say here and most of what is complained about has turned out to be quite true. As noted, it is the internet. I don't have to make up, or qualify anything, though I am always glad to explain. Also as noted OC is hardly a news site and many here get angry when someone posts something they haven't heard yet. I often use the (?) to ask, "what do you think?", because I don't know! Opinion is also noted and why would anyone have to explain that? I can't possibly care about people who do not agree with mine. Being part of the accepted clique anywhere is not anything I've ever worried about but I will say I have never intentionally tried to anger, deceive or hurt anyone with forum posts about... auto racing fer cryin' out loud?

devilmaster
07-23-06, 01:00 PM
http://www.sportsinferno.com/forums/images/smilies/boohoo.gif

Cry me a freakin river. :rolleyes:

Read my post above again. Not faulting you for finding rumours and tidbits. Faulting you for how you post them.

Even Spickkly gets called on his sources - check the Danicle>Herta thread in the others forum. Cam called him on it.

So in other words, plain english and substantiate it, niz. You want to keep debating, PM me.

NismoZ
07-23-06, 02:16 PM
Good Lord, NO thanks!

Spicoli
07-23-06, 03:01 PM
Even Spickkly gets called on his sources - check the Danicle>Herta thread in the others forum. Cam called him on it.

Yep, and it was said in public, so i disclosed the source.

thuis thread's ubject - not said in public. NO source will be disclosed.

Lizzerd
07-23-06, 10:47 PM
Sure, and because it's AR1 it is not to be believed by the hate group. Consider the source and all that. Water under the bridge, get over it. Yep, a rumo(u)r is a rumor and I don't start them. I read them and I report them as such. I AM the source for some of them as I know a few people and listen carefully. No harm has ever been done by anything I've had to say here and most of what is complained about has turned out to be quite true. As noted, it is the internet. I don't have to make up, or qualify anything, though I am always glad to explain. Also as noted OC is hardly a news site and many here get angry when someone posts something they haven't heard yet. I often use the (?) to ask, "what do you think?", because I don't know! Opinion is also noted and why would anyone have to explain that? I can't possibly care about people who do not agree with mine. Being part of the accepted clique anywhere is not anything I've ever worried about but I will say I have never intentionally tried to anger, deceive or hurt anyone with forum posts about... auto racing fer cryin' out loud?

:thumbup:

FCYTravis
07-24-06, 04:52 AM
Especially when it comes from PR people. :D
Yup. We're paid to do anything that generally makes our clients look good. :gomer: If I didn't work for a great bunch of guys I don't mind shilling for, I'd have to wash that dirty "I'm betraying all my journalistic training" feeling off every day. :shakehead

But I get a hard card, a hotel room and a paycheck so I suppose I should stop whining. At least I don't have to make up as much stuff as, say, Milka Duno's PR flack. :rofl:

grungex
07-24-06, 07:43 AM
Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark! :laugh:

extramundane
07-24-06, 11:45 AM
But I get a hard card, a hotel room and a paycheck so I suppose I should stop whining. At least I don't have to make up as much stuff as, say, Milka Duno's PR flack. :rofl:

I daresay that a year gigging for Milka would hone your writing skills in ways you never thought possible. :D

SurfaceUnits
07-26-06, 10:56 PM
Kalkhoven has his own thoughts about the comments of Tracy and Allmendinger (regarding mergification).

``If the driver's business card said `businessman' on them as opposed to `driver,' their opinions should be sought,'' he said. ``But I'm not going to teach them to drive cars and they're not going to teach me to run businesses.'' :eek:

================================================== =======
fantasia is carrying spicoli's love child ----believe it!

Spicoli
07-26-06, 11:10 PM
? huh ?

:confused:

cameraman
07-26-06, 11:35 PM
... There have been numerous false alarms about reunification since open-wheel racing broke into two more than a decade ago. As Champ Car comes to town for this weekend's San Jose Grand Prix, veteran driver Paul Tracy thinks this is yet another one. "Obviously it was a big hoax,'' Tracy recently told the Canadian Press about a possible merger. "It was signed, sealed and delivered, but it was all a hoax. There's lots of things in the media that get blown out of proportion. It's going to take time. I don't see it happening next year.''

... San Jose driver A.J. Allmendinger said he believes potential sponsors won't invest in open-wheel racing until there's a merger.

Kalkhoven has his own thoughts about the comments of Tracy and Allmendinger. "If the driver's business card said `businessman' on them as opposed to `driver,' their opinions should be sought,'' he said. "But I'm not going to teach them to drive cars and they're not going to teach me to run businesses.''

San Jose Mercury News (http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/motorsports/15123559.htm)

Ouch

Spicoli
07-26-06, 11:37 PM
Thanks. makey sensey nowey. :gomer:

SurfaceUnits
07-26-06, 11:38 PM
^^^ Dig up the source for spicoli's dalliances :p

Spicoli
07-26-06, 11:42 PM
^^^ Dig up the source for spicoli's dalliances :p

answer (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=5186893)

http://i4.tinypic.com/16blcsi.jpg

cameraman
07-26-06, 11:42 PM
Also another tidbit from the article that will have have the TF folks falling all over themselves. The San Jose ~150K weekend crowd total from last year, well....

"But Grand Prix President Dale Jantzen said last week that the paid attendance actually was about 100,000 -- and the rest were employees, sponsors and exhibitors."

Ah yes, 83 posts (http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1162325&postcount=1).

Spicoli
07-27-06, 12:11 AM
Also another tidbit from the article that will have have the TF folks falling all over themselves. The San Jose ~150K weekend crowd total from last year, well....

"But Grand Prix President Dale Jantzen said last week that the paid attendance actually was about 100,000 -- and the rest were employees, sponsors and exhibitors."

Ah yes, 83 posts (http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1162325&postcount=1).

Yep. but that's still 85,429 more than the gomers will have at MIS this weekend. :D

SurfaceUnits
07-27-06, 12:20 AM
No way, I think they will try to match their 8,213 at Phoenix last year. Someone who doesn't want to post at crapforum any longer should drop that little reminder into the middle of their circle jerk.

Dr. Corkski
07-27-06, 02:35 AM
San Jose Mercury News (http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/motorsports/15123559.htm)

OuchI like how those wankers are now referring to AJA as a "San Jose driver" now that he is winning, when last year everyone of the media ****tards that were at the "track" were falling over themselves trying to plant their nose up Mark Ishikrashedintoeverythingtherewas last year. :laugh:

Kalkhoven shouldn't tell anyone how to run a competitive racing team either. :gomer:

ferrarigod
07-27-06, 02:50 AM
No way, I think they will try to match their 8,213 at Phoenix last year. Someone who doesn't want to post at crapforum any longer should drop that little reminder into the middle of their circle jerk.

shhhhhhh . . . . .michaelg says the phoenix is rising from the sun. too bad they aren't in arizona anymore.

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79295

:gomer: