05-01-06, 09:28 AM
Roth full time in the earl!!

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/indycar/23297/

Steve99
05-01-06, 11:45 AM
dEspErAtion amPliFied!

swift
05-01-06, 11:50 AM
guess someone didn't read RM's post-homestead article that said unqualified ride-buyers shouldn't be driving over 200mph. :shakehead

devilmaster
05-01-06, 12:14 PM
He isn't underqualified anymore..... according to the indycar.com article, he just upgraded his pilots license! He be done ready for indycar now :D

Marty Roth recently was married, recently upgraded his pilot’s license and recently sold his Indy Pro Series equipment.

Who'd he sell his ips equipment to? hmmm.....

Roth has used his racing status to assist Shoot For A Cure Moto-Sport, a program from the American and Canadian Spinal Research Organizations (ASRO/CSRO) that helps raise funding and awareness for the improvement in quality of life for those challenged with spinal cord injuries.

Fits in well for a series like IRL.... hope they give these research groups their crash data......

cameraman
05-01-06, 12:33 PM
I don't get this whole nonprofit thing. I'd love to see an IRS Rules for Idiots chapter on race/race team sponsorship via nonprofit organizations :rolleyes:

devilmaster
05-01-06, 01:00 PM
I don't get this whole nonprofit thing. I'd love to see an IRS Rules for Idiots chapter on race/race team sponsorship via nonprofit organizations :rolleyes:

I never really thought of that till you mentioned it. Someone probably has a better answer than I, but I assume its a tax break.... You can probably deduct an amount because you're donating advertising space instead of straight up money.

Any tax lawyers here? :confused:

Accipiter
05-02-06, 12:43 PM
http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/23299/

cameraman
05-02-06, 01:20 PM
Roth v. Chesson

Who will win the worst of ... award? :shakehead

RichK
05-02-06, 02:13 PM
I never really thought of that till you mentioned it. Someone probably has a better answer than I, but I assume its a tax break.... You can probably deduct an amount because you're donating advertising space instead of straight up money.

Any tax lawyers here? :confused:

I'm not, but from what I understand, the non-profits can take money from large companies (who can then get a tax break by giving to a charity), and the non-profit uses some or all of that money to sponsor the car (and then get publicity).

Regarding Roth, :shakehead