PDA

View Full Version : God must love the NCAA, cuz I sure don't...

dando
04-28-06, 01:47 PM
North Dakota, Illinois, IUP lose mascot appeals (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2425381)

:shakehead

Oh, and we can't have a D-I foosball playoff because it's too much for the kids, and will impact their schoolwork. Oh, and BTW, go ahead and play a 12th game, tho. :saywhat: :mad:

-Kevin

Tifosi24
04-28-06, 02:09 PM
I think God hates the NCAA too. The reason they can do these dumb things is because they have made a deal with the Devil. Florida State has the most abusive mascot, but we all know how money talks in college sports.

Ankf00
04-28-06, 02:15 PM
*shrug* WGAF?

there are other things that concern me more... such as when did Jimmy Clausen last visit New Jersey?

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/football/college/img9393294.jpg

Turbodog
04-28-06, 02:20 PM
[QUOTE=dando
Oh, and we can't have a D-I foosball playoff because it's too much for the kids, and will impact their schoolwork. Oh, and BTW, go ahead and play a 12th game, tho. :saywhat: :mad:

-Kevin[/QUOTE]

:gomer: <------NCAA

dando
04-28-06, 02:41 PM
*shrug* WGAF?

Obviously I do. If you don't, don't bother mucking up the thread, :gomer:. :p Point is that it's yet another example of the NCAA taking itself too seriously and concerning itself with things it shouldn't be concerned with. We'll hear you piss and moan about the 2A the moment they go after schools with live animals as mascots, becasue the suddenly see the light of PETA (people eating tasty animals) issues.

-Kevin

Ed_Severson
04-28-06, 03:05 PM
Just another example of a group which is supposed to exist in order to oversee sports and spends practically all of their time doing everything but that.

Ankf00
04-28-06, 03:13 PM
Obviously I do. If you don't, don't bother mucking up the thread, :gomer:. :p Point is that it's yet another example of the NCAA taking itself too seriously and concerning itself with things it shouldn't be concerned with. We'll hear you piss and moan about the 2A the moment they go after schools with live animals as mascots, becasue the suddenly see the light of PETA (people eating tasty animals) issues.

-Kevin

i'll continue not giving a s*** as they get rid of the Southeast Oklahoma Savages.

besides, you need to get back to sticking those little flower mascots on your boys helmets :p

G.
04-28-06, 03:42 PM
Kupchella told Fargo's WDAY radio that, "We might have to take some steps to consider some way to preserve the history and tradition and yet modify the name somehow -- but even as we do that, take issue with the NCAA and its approach and the irrational way they've gone about this."

How about the Fighting Sue's? Susie's?

I DEMAND that the state of Illinois change it's name. That is demeaning and degrading to the Illini people.

Suggestions for the new name, anyone?

I'm thinking South Chicago, myself. Oh wait, It would have to be South Stinky Onion Field, since Chicago is an Indian word for, well, you figgur it out.

:shakehead

skaven
04-28-06, 03:52 PM
...see the light of PETA (people eating tasty animals) issues.

-Kevin

Gay GETP (Gators Eating Tasty People) ! ! !

:gomer:

dando
04-28-06, 04:00 PM
besides, you need to get back to sticking those little flower mascots on your boys helmets.
Thems are cannabis leaves, not flowers, homey.

http://www.osu.edu/news/images/buckeye_leaf.jpg

http://www.broxtowe.gov.uk/cannabis_leaf.jpg

:eek:

:gomer:

-Kevin

dando
04-28-06, 04:01 PM
Just another example of a group which is supposed to exist in order to oversee sports and spends practically all of their time doing everything but that.
Ding, ding, ding!

Let's show Ed what he's won....

:)

-Kevin

Turbodog
04-28-06, 04:03 PM
Ding, ding, ding!

-Kevin

a trip to the WeedEater Bowl :gomer:

Ed_Severson
04-28-06, 05:17 PM
Ding, ding, ding!

-Kevin

Last time I made that point, I ended up winning a recital of The Gospels of Bud Selig and Bart Giamatti narrated by Stu.

Here's hoping this episode has better door prizes. :gomer:

IlliniRacer
04-28-06, 05:17 PM
Am I still allowed to post on this topic since my username is so racist and hostile?

Ed_Severson
04-28-06, 05:19 PM
Not until you go to your room and think about what you've done.

TravelGal
04-29-06, 12:33 AM
I can't wait for DAR to get on about the Patriots. What happens when the all the wild animals revolt? Officials mauled by bears, eaten by lions, pooped on by pathers. Oh the humanity.

Idiots.

CART T. Katz
04-29-06, 01:33 AM
college sports will be a much better place when every school in the ncaa div-1 breaks away and forms its own athletic organization. every single one of those schools is about academics and athletics (to what percentage is left to each school). its the lower classes, the div-2 and div-3 level schools that are screwing over the top level.

here's hoping the fans of each school never accept the new names, whatever they are.

Tifosi24
04-29-06, 04:07 PM
How are the lower two levels of the sport mucking up the NCAA??? Are you aware that one of the schools fighting this assinine rule is D-II in all sports except mens and womens hockey.

Turbodog
04-29-06, 06:08 PM
Seems like lacross is getting all the headlines :gomer:

CART T. Katz
04-30-06, 09:44 PM
How are the lower two levels of the sport mucking up the NCAA??? Are you aware that one of the schools fighting this assinine rule is D-II in all sports except mens and womens hockey.

the ncaa is made up of its member institutions, but some of those institutions don't have a focus on athletics. that's probably the main reason why college players don't get a stipend. the lower levels can't afford to give some of its students help when they need it (because they can't work during the summer, another one of those lovely sensical ncaa rules... :shakehead ) so none of them are allowed to.

i'm in the belief that athletes should be paid in direct relation to the amount of money the sport generates. and when you look at the multi billions of dollars that college football and basketball generate, its pretty easy to see how i came to that opinion. the ncaa uses these players images and likenesses and their athletic jerseys, but none of the players see a penny of that money. that's not right in my opinion. as long as there is an ncaa, that won't happen because there are more schools who can't afford to do that than who can.

and i didn't say it was ALL the d-2 and d-3 schools. i am fully aware that the fighting sioux are getting hosed. if the ncaa is going to be this AR about it, then we need to get every school who has some sort of indian name in it to change their name. and they need to get notre dame to change its mascot or something, that goofy little leprechaun is more annoying and offensive than any indian mascot.

Ankf00
05-01-06, 12:35 AM
the students get a free education, health care, training, etc...

don't like the fact they don't get paid? then go pro :gomer:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=whitlock/060427