PDA

View Full Version : (Alleged) pervert neighbor update

Lizzerd
04-26-06, 11:03 PM
Update to this: OC link (http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9739)

"Ding, dong" Avon calling? Nope. I answer the door and there is an elderly man on my front porch. I go outside, leaving the barking dog inside. He tells me he has been in Florida for the winter and about how he has been friends with my neighbor for over 40 years. He tried to call - phone disconnected, etc. Their kids grew up together, he thought he may have died or something.

I took a deep breath... Well sir, I said, this is difficult to say, but since you asked, I'll tell you what I know. Your friend has been accused of molesting a 14 year old boy. Then I told him what I had heard from the news reports, and that I had no idea where he was now or how to contact him.

He was crushed, but what else was I to do? I didn't pass judgement on him, only told him what the news reports had said.

He wanted to know how to find out more, and all I could suggest was to call the Prosecutor's Office.

I really felt bad for the guy. He left just shaking his head and muttering something to himself.

P.S. A For Sale sign went up in his front yard later on in the day.

Don Quixote
04-27-06, 12:37 AM
Whew. :shakehead
After this neighbor you deserve a covey of daisy may hotties next door, eh?

dando
04-27-06, 07:44 PM
Ouch. IMHO, you did the right thing Liz.

-Kevin

rabbit
04-27-06, 07:59 PM
Ouch. IMHO, you did the right thing Liz.

-Kevin
Ditto.

TravelGal
04-28-06, 01:26 AM
Absolutely the right thing. Handled it very well. The (alleged) pervert was this guy's friend. At least you didn't go wacko about it. You just told him. What a shock for the guy though. He must have been massively creeped out (unless those mutters were something to the effect that he suspected something all along!).