PDA

View Full Version : Michel Jourdain Jr

emjaya
04-26-06, 10:00 PM
This site has Jourdain in talks with PKV for a drive at Monterrey here (http://www.atodamakina.com/news210406-3.html)

"People close to Michel Jourdain Jr. have confirmed that there have been "formal offers" from PKV to have Michel back in Champ Cars.

In 2005 Michel nearly raced in Monterrey with PKV but some administrative problems and the poor quality of the team offered to Michel ended up with him refusing to race at home and providing Jorge Goeters with his chance, if only to race a few laps and retire with a mechanical failure.

This year the situation is different in two points:

1. Michel doesn't have any commitments in the Busch Series due to a lack of funding.

2. Michel has stated that he will NOT accept a car put together at the last-minute like the one given to Goeters last year, but that he'd accept a car like the one Vasser ran at Long Beach.

Another point being rumoured is that Michel could race in Houston so to be better prepared for his home race.

We hope the circumstances will allow us to see PKV giving a competitve car to the Mexican driver so we can see Jourdain back in a Champ Car getting a good result in Mexican soil."

I got it from another forum along with the translation.

:)

Robstar
04-27-06, 04:53 AM
Is he really in a position to be that choosey ?

nrc
04-27-06, 08:49 AM
Is he really in a position to be that choosey ?
He is if he's got "the attitude."

"The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude."

Robstar
04-27-06, 08:52 AM
^ Good call...

There has to be guys with more 'tude than MJJr (bless his cotton socks :gomer: )

pferrf1
04-27-06, 10:48 AM
Is the series in a position to be that choosy?

If Rocketsports doesn't find funding for a second car, then someone needs to run a car to make up an 18 car field. PKV seems to be as good a bet as any. Having another star Mexican back in the sereis sure couldn't hurt ticket sales in Houston/Monterrey.

tllips
04-27-06, 10:59 AM
Is the series in a position to be that choosy?

If Rocketsports doesn't find funding for a second car, then someone needs to run a car to make up an 18 car field. PKV seems to be as good a bet as any. Having another star Mexican back in the sereis sure couldn't hurt ticket sales in Houston/Monterrey.

And if Jeemy is going to run Indy with Vision (that hurts to think about :saywhat: ), the car would probably be sitting idle and available.

TKGAngel
04-27-06, 11:53 AM
And if Jeemy is going to run Indy with Vision (that hurts to think about :saywhat: ), the car would probably be sitting idle and available.

I thought Jeemy couldnt do Indy for Vision because of his Champcar coaching duties with PKV?

NismoZ
04-29-06, 10:14 AM
I heard he rejected offers from N/H and PKV to run a 3rd car for either because he believed they would be uncompetitive. Yeah, he better stick to that Busch ride. (but CC is fishing for an 18th, no doubt. )

Robstar
04-30-06, 01:29 AM
Not that I think it will happen... but JV does Indy - I'll be pretty dirty... :gomer:

Dave99
04-30-06, 12:47 PM
He is if he's got "the attitude."

"The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude."
:laugh:

And whatever you do, don't forget to play side two of Led Zeppelin IV!! :D

Turbodog
05-02-06, 12:04 PM
He just signed with Roush to drive a truck
http://www.roushracing.com/jack_roush/default.asp?page=/jack_roush/articles/xb050106_276.htm

TKGAngel
05-02-06, 12:15 PM
He just signed with Roush to drive a truck
http://www.roushracing.com/jack_roush/default.asp?page=/jack_roush/articles/xb050106_276.htm

Driving 9 races for the Cat in the Hat doesn't limit him from potentially taking the aforementioned CCWS ride with PKV. I would think staying with a team that is Ford powered is keeping the doors open, due to non-compete clauses.