PDA

View Full Version : More reason to dislike scAirbus...

dando
04-25-06, 02:16 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/25/business/25seats.html?ei=5065&en=fadad91e10dfaa90&ex=1146628800&adxnnl=1&partner=MYWAY&pagewanted=print&adxnnlx=1145988777-YUPMCN1DsDDxQp9w4XpSCQ

Airbus has been quietly pitching the standing-room-only option to Asian carriers, though none have agreed to it yet. Passengers in the standing section would be propped against a padded backboard, held in place with a harness, according to experts who have seen a proposal.

:saywhat: :shakehead

EDIT: reminds me of the Seinfeld epi when Kramer had the visitors from Japan sleeping in drawers. :gomer:

-Kevin

Turbodog
04-25-06, 02:28 PM
AirDistrust :gomer:

oddlycalm
04-25-06, 02:39 PM
That's Airbus, always taking the high road and innovating. That's a first they can be proud of.... :shakehead

What's next, the "body stacking" option sub-contracted out to a top sardine packing house...?

oc

racermike
04-25-06, 03:10 PM
Would it kinda be like this ride at the Carnival ???

http://www.amusements.com/assets/images/round_up_10.jpg

Ankf00
04-25-06, 03:14 PM
That's Airbus, always taking the high road and innovating. That's a first they can be proud of.... :shakehead

What's next, the "body stacking" option sub-contracted out to a top sardine packing house...?

oc

b.. b.. but.. they could fit in EIGHT HUNDRED FIFTY-THREE PASSENGERS!!! Think of the profits!!! :gomer:

dando
04-25-06, 04:24 PM
b.. b.. but.. they could fit in EIGHT HUNDRED FIFTY-THREE PASSENGERS!!! Think of the profits!!! :gomer:
Question: can they get everyone out of the plane on time if there is an emergency? :gomer: Answer: change the requirements. :D :saywhat:
-Kevin

nissan gtp
04-25-06, 04:38 PM
sounds more comfortable than some flights.

at least there's plenty of knee room :rofl:

TravelGal
04-26-06, 07:54 PM
My daily travel newsletter says a representative from Airbus says the report is wrong, in fact, "crap." Guess that means it wasn't received as well as they thought it would be. :rolleyes:

mapguy
04-26-06, 08:46 PM
FAirbus.

dando
04-26-06, 09:21 PM
My daily travel newsletter says a representative from Airbus says the report is wrong, in fact, "crap." Guess that means it wasn't received as well as they thought it would be. :rolleyes:
NBC had a follow report last night along the same lines. I'll bet the suggestion went over like a Led Zeppelin. :)

-Kevin

eiregosod
04-27-06, 08:41 AM
the standards for airline safety demand that passengers be strapped in for take off & landing.

who writes those rules? ;)

Robstar
04-27-06, 08:49 AM
Only in Asia... :shakehead

Insomniac
04-27-06, 09:11 AM
Why would you blame Airbus? The airlines are the ones who configure their airplanes. Airbus is pitching an idea to get more revenue per flight for the airlines which are going bankrupt left and right. The airlines will decide if that is a viable way to fly and the customers will decide if they want to fly that way. Definitely wouldn't work in the US since it would be discriminatory to the elderly and disabled to have a flight with only standing seats.

Robstar
04-27-06, 09:24 AM
I don't think anyone is blaming Airbus in particular...

All engineers should get their **** together... :D

Ankf00
04-27-06, 09:40 AM
I don't think anyone is blaming Airbus in particular...

All engineers should get their **** together... :D

especially those engineers in Toulouse! :p