PDA

View Full Version : Former Sigma owner to race in IPS

Jervis Tetch 1
04-24-06, 02:35 PM
Source: IMS

3. Three drivers pass Indy Pro Series rookie test: Sean Guthrie, Alex Lloyd and Tom Wieringa passed the Indy Pro Series rookie test April 23 at Chicagoland Speedway.

Guthrie turned 18 on April 18 and will take over the wheel of the No. 41 Guthrie Racing car owned by his father Jim, the 1997 IndyCar Series Rookie of the Year. Guthrie Racing leads the Indy Pro Series entrant points on the strength of Raphael Matos’ two victories at St. Petersburg earlier in the month.

Lloyd, the 2003 McLaren Autosport BRDC Young Driver of the Year, recorded 10th and third-place finishes at St. Petersburg for AFS Racing and recently signed with the team to complete the season in the No. 26 Automatic Fire Sprinklers, Inc. machine. He was required to pass the rookie test at Chicagoland because he has never competed on an oval. The remaining 2006 schedule features five races on ovals and four races on road courses.

Wieringa drove in Toyota Atlantics in 1999 and 2000 and used to own the Sigma Autosport team that fielded cars in CART and Toyota Atlantics.

I can't believe this idiot (who still owes a lot of people money) is trying to field a car and race. Not only was he a jerk as an owner, he was a wanker of a driver.

I guess we can see him battling alongside Helio, Tony and Ed Carpenter at future I*L events.

datachicane
04-24-06, 04:44 PM
He's 54 years old in a ghosttown of a feeder- I sense an infusion of OPM to prop up the grid. He may well be a jerk, but I can't blame him for cashing Tony's check.

NismoZ
04-25-06, 10:45 AM
'zackly.