PDA

View Full Version : Copperstate 1000 Rally

Grunschev
04-24-06, 12:04 PM
My son Michael and I went to the Copperstate 1000 Rally yesterday. The Copperstate 1000, in its 16th year, has taken its place as one of the top automotive events in the world, attracting entries from all over.

As well as the rally cars, the Jaguar Club of Central Arizona held a concours d'elegance, and the local Ferrari, Alfa-Romeo and other collector-car clubs displayed their cars as well. There were about 250 cars there in total. Unless you want to count some of the cars in the parking lots -- we saw Porsches, a 2005 Ford GT, a couple Cobras, and even some I'd never heard of before.

http://grunschev.com/photos/machines/Copperstate1000.2006/index.html

There wasn't a lot of info available about these cars (well, there may have been, but I didn't buy a program). So if anybody can offer additional detail on the models (or correct any incorrect captions), please don't hesitate to leave a response here or drop me a line.

Igor

Skater_36
04-24-06, 12:38 PM
My son Michael and I went to the Copperstate 1000 Rally yesterday. The Copperstate 1000, in its 16th year, has taken its place as one of the top automotive events in the world, attracting entries from all over.

As well as the rally cars, the Jaguar Club of Central Arizona held a concours d'elegance, and the local Ferrari, Alfa-Romeo and other collector-car clubs displayed their cars as well. There were about 250 cars there in total. Unless you want to count some of the cars in the parking lots -- we saw Porsches, a 2005 Ford GT, a couple Cobras, and even some I'd never heard of before.

http://grunschev.com/photos/machines/Copperstate1000.2006/index.html

There wasn't a lot of info available about these cars (well, there may have been, but I didn't buy a program). So if anybody can offer additional detail on the models (or correct any incorrect captions), please don't hesitate to leave a response here or drop me a line.

Igor

The car in img 2096 is an Allard. I believe that model was a J2. If it's original it may be Cadillac powered.

Grunschev
04-24-06, 02:29 PM
The car in img 2096 is an Allard. I believe that model was a J2. If it's original it may be Cadillac powered.

Cool, thanks.

Igor