PDA

View Full Version : Newman/Haas NOT doing Indy

rabbit
04-03-03, 11:25 AM
http://www.seventhgear.com/html/news/rumors.php

Although we have been hearing for some time that Target & Chip Ganassi wanted to "borrow" Bruno Junqueira in order have last year's Indy 500 pole winner back behind the wheel of their car for another run, we have received confirmation from Kathi Lauterbach that this won't be the case. "As in 2002, NHR and our drivers are focused on winning the Champ Car World Series Championship". :thumbup: :D

sundaydriver
04-03-03, 11:38 AM
What's Chip smoking these days?

No way would Carl lend Junky to Ganassi. :laugh:

Way to go Newman-Haas!:)

pchall
04-03-03, 11:42 AM
Chip clearly has terminal Indyitis and a bad case of Peniske envy.

rabbit
04-03-03, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by pchall
Chip clearly has terminal Indyitis. I hear that can be fatal if not treated early. The Pook Method of quarentining infected persons and not allowing them to come back has proved most successful in stopping the spread.

RaceChic
04-03-03, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by pchall
Peniske envy.

What's that???????:eek: :laugh: :eek: :laugh: ;)

Gurneyflap
04-03-03, 06:55 PM
What is it?...Wanting to be a 12 time winner there, I guess.

RacinM3
04-05-03, 02:53 AM
Actually, Chip has SARS - Sorry-Ass Racing Syndrome

Tony George has a different strain - Sorry-Ass Racing Series.

RaceChic
04-05-03, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by RacinM3
Actually, Chip has SARS - Sorry-Ass Racing Syndrome

Tony George has a different strain - Sorry-Ass Racing Series.

:laugh: :thumbup: :laugh: :thumbup: :laugh: :thumbup:
And Gurneyflap, I was making a joke.............;)

Railbird
04-05-03, 08:57 AM
It will be interesting to see what becomes of the Toyoyta engine package Haas was rumored to have received as part of the CDM compensation deal.

If there was any truth to that rumor I would have a hard time seeing him just sitting on a batch of freebies without at least an "associate" effort.

However, as thin as the entry list is anything like that would stick out like a sore thumb.

Peter Olivola
04-05-03, 09:48 PM
Any chance they are the source of the sudden flood of Toyota engines as in sublease deal?

Originally posted by Railbird
It will be interesting to see what becomes of the Toyoyta engine package Haas was rumored to have received as part of the CDM compensation deal.

If there was any truth to that rumor I would have a hard time seeing him just sitting on a batch of freebies without at least an "associate" effort.

However, as thin as the entry list is anything like that would stick out like a sore thumb.

mnkywrch
04-05-03, 09:55 PM
Maybe Carl just took cash.

Could there be a link between PacifiCare and Toyota?

JoeBob
04-05-03, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by mnkywrch
Maybe Carl just took cash.

Could there be a link between PacifiCare and Toyota?

I think the link would be between Lily and PacifiCare. Or, more importantly, between Paul Newman and PacifiCare.

WickerBill
04-05-03, 11:52 PM
For Pete's sake, man, it's Lilly. Not Lily. They've been in the series two years. Learn to spell!

I know... wrong thread.