PDA

View Full Version : Mike Helton in his infinite wisdom

Lizzerd
04-03-03, 04:35 AM
I didn't see any of the race, and I just read this. Too funny...

What rules? (http://espn.go.com/rpm/gasandgo/030401.html)

RTKar
04-03-03, 07:42 AM
I could never understand the idea of still racing while the yellow is out on an oval, there could easily be car parts strewn about not to mention bent cars and injured drivers. Some of the field may have to drive through it. When the yellow comes out,all racing must cease before someone gets hurt.

WickerBill
04-03-03, 08:01 AM
I think last year's India-noplace 500 finish explains why they run back to the line. For better or worse, they understand that there is really only one place on the track where they can definitively say what the running order is.

mnkywrch
04-03-03, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by WickerBill
I think last year's India-noplace 500 finish explains why they run back to the line. For better or worse, they understand that there is really only one place on the track where they can definitively say what the running order is.

Well, if they'd use the various timing lines through the circuit, they could revert to the last timing line...

I can't wait until NASCAR does that in a year or two and I have to listen to Waltrip & McReynolds blather on about how great NASCAR is again.

Anyone else catch how quick they fell in line with the NASCAR party line during the BGN race Saturday?

No sooner Helton visits the booth than the folks in the booth start spouting the party line.

Hink
04-03-03, 12:58 PM
This is really more of a club than a sport.

patm
04-03-03, 01:15 PM
and not even a cool club!:cool:

patm