PDA

View Full Version : Panther's Motegi Livery

aportinga
04-19-06, 08:45 AM
It's pretty nice - one of the best color scemes I've seen in all of racing for quite some time. Too bad the car still remains one of the ugliest.

Even so it's amayzing too see such a well balanced paint schems when compared to the lack of originality in ChampCar :flame: I mean with that big old announcement of Sherman Williams and the lambasting the teams got from the majority of fans from last year with this regard, I figure some paint schemes such as the Panther below would have gone a long way in terms of giving the series a fresh look.

Thank god for CDW and Goobers!

http://www.pantherracing.com/images/stories/06%20orange%20-%20cover.jpg

nrc
04-19-06, 09:16 AM
It's safety vest orange with some kind of crude looking black trim. There are too many plain white over red paint schemes in Champ car. That doesn't make this pretty.

Spicoli
04-19-06, 09:22 AM
It's safety vest orange with some kind of crude looking black trim. There are too many plain white over red paint schemes in Champ car. That doesn't make this pretty.

:thumbup:

a crapwagon is a crapwagon. paint doesn't make it cool.

aportinga
04-19-06, 09:28 AM
:thumbup:

a crapwagon is a crapwagon. paint doesn't make it cool.

I didn't say that though.... I am speaking exclusively with regard to the color scheme.

I'm a fan of the old McLarens and love the test McLaren which is orange as well.... It's a nice mix in a Black & Decker way :D

Spicoli
04-19-06, 09:30 AM
I didn't say that though.... I am speaking exclusively with regard to the color scheme.

I'm a fan of the old McLarens and love the test McLaren which is orange as well.... It's a nice mix in a Black & Decker way :D

black and Decker is for girls. :gomer:

go get some Makita or Bosch and take off your panties.

KLang
04-19-06, 09:31 AM
AAAAAAHHHHHHH, MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!! IT BURNS! :cry:

Damn those POS are ugly. :thumdown:

Wheel-Nut
04-19-06, 09:31 AM
So I guess Pennzoil Yellow is history?

KLang
04-19-06, 09:36 AM
http://www.networklive.com/partnership.html

Looks like an XM connection. More HondaBucks IMO.

aportinga
04-19-06, 09:40 AM
AAAAAAHHHHHHH, MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!! IT BURNS! :cry:

Damn those POS are ugly. :thumdown:

You bet they are ugly :thumbup:

racer2c
04-19-06, 09:46 AM
The only thing this paint job achieves is hiding the airbox thus making it appear shorter and less, well, crappy.

sundaydriver2
04-19-06, 10:14 AM
http://www.geocities.com/revlimited/morestuf/jeret.jpg

I like this paint job better.

:gomer:

Ozarkian
04-19-06, 10:27 AM
It's safety vest orange with some kind of crude looking black trim.

The color will make it easier for the safety crews to find and sweep up the smaller pieces.

NismoZ
04-19-06, 10:52 AM
So, how much hp is the airbox worth? I remember F-5000 before those MONSTER 'boxes and they looked and sounded just fine. Nice velocity stacks. Would a C'wagon be more more or less aero without the box?

RichK
04-19-06, 12:21 PM
Look at the size of those Pennzoil decals!!!! It's obvious Pennzoil didn't cut back their sponsorship this year. :gomer:

KLang
04-19-06, 12:32 PM
Look at the size of those Pennzoil decals!!!! It's obvious Pennzoil didn't cut back their sponsorship this year. :gomer:

Can't be, defender said it was millions. :gomer:

dando
04-19-06, 01:48 PM
A crapwagon by any other name is still a POS. :mad:

Damn them noses are fugly!

-Kevin

rabbit
04-19-06, 02:14 PM
Give 'em different liveries and put them in rows of three and a pig is still a pig.
http://www.trichinella.org/images/pig-tures/pig-639.jpg

CART T. Katz
04-19-06, 02:15 PM
i see that paint scheme and picture it on a champcar. i like it. that being said, there isn't a paint scheme alive that can make a crapwagon not look like a rolling brick.

oh, that's where the pennzoil decals went! where where they for the first two races?

jcollins28
04-20-06, 01:08 PM
Not taking into account the car or series. The scheme would have looked better with some white outline around the black.

chop456
04-20-06, 01:36 PM
Arrows did black & orange well.

That thing looks like a turd.

cameraman
04-20-06, 01:51 PM
The black on the airbox makes it disappear in that photo.

That is the best thing that can be said for that car.

It does need a third color.

And it needs to be a Lola.

pferrf1
04-20-06, 05:22 PM
And why bother having hte wings they are so trimmed out.

dando
04-20-06, 05:26 PM
And why bother having hte wings they are so trimmed out.
As if...they need 'em for liftoff. :gomer: :saywhat:

-Kevin

Jervis Tetch 1
04-23-06, 12:07 AM
All they are doing is spraying perfume on $*H*I*T :gomer:

stroker
04-23-06, 10:21 AM
So, how much hp is the airbox worth? I remember F-5000 before those MONSTER 'boxes and they looked and sounded just fine. Nice velocity stacks. Would a C'wagon be more more or less aero without the box?

FWIW, Niz, I remember 30 years ago when F5000 started adopting them and the rule o' thumb was that you picked up about 500 revs at wide open throttle with the box than without.

Keep in mind, though, I've drunk a lot of alcohol since I was told that...

;)