PDA

View Full Version : I know political threads are taboo here...

rabbit
04-18-06, 11:03 AM
... but I'm running for office! I have yard signs and everything.

I'm a write-in candidate to be a precinct representative to the county ********* (I won't say which ;) ) party central committee. The precinct reps vote for the county party chairman. Right now, there is a power grab by someone else in the party. My precinct had an open seat and the current chairman, who was my little league baseball coach some 25 years ago, asked me to run for the seat and I agreed.

I'mrabbitandIapprovedthismessage.

racer2c
04-18-06, 11:06 AM
Cool! Good luck. :cool:

devilmaster
04-18-06, 11:11 AM
that'll be three politicians on this site if you win.....

Its going to the dogs.... ;)

Good Luck John :thumbup:

rabbit
04-18-06, 11:14 AM

Its going to the dogs.... ;)

Good Luck John :thumbup:
Me, you, and who's the third? :confused:

devilmaster
04-18-06, 11:25 AM
Me, you, and who's the third? :confused:

the other steve - trdfan....

town councillor iirc

Wheel-Nut
04-18-06, 11:37 AM
Freakin politicians!! Send to the ocean floor with the lawyers!! :D Good Luck.

dando
04-18-06, 01:34 PM
Wants to be a lawyer and a pollytician. Sheesh! :saywhat: :gomer: :p

Best of luck! Wouldn't wanna be ya, tho. ;)

-Kevin

Elmo T
04-18-06, 02:34 PM

As an "at will" employee working for local government, I forgive you all. ;)

My wife has a saying that most politicians are "little people with big egos". Please prove her wrong. :thumbup:

Good Luck!

race chica
04-18-06, 02:43 PM
... but I'm running for office! I have yard signs and everything.

I'm a write-in candidate to be a precinct representative to the county ********* (I won't say which ;) ) party central committee. The precinct reps vote for the county party chairman. Right now, there is a power grab by someone else in the party. My precinct had an open seat and the current chairman, who was my little league baseball coach some 25 years ago, asked me to run for the seat and I agreed.

I'mrabbitandIapprovedthismessage.

Good luck and if you need and PR help just ask :)

Spicoli
04-18-06, 02:46 PM
I'm married to a public official. Do I count as half? :p

Oh, and good luck rabbitt! :thumbup: Its awesome to get involved and make yourself heard!

Spicoli
04-18-06, 02:47 PM

you rights good. you also a proofsreader?

:laugh:

rabbit
04-18-06, 02:50 PM
Oh, and good luck rabbitt! :thumbup: Its awesome to get involved and make yourself heard!
Maybe she could start by proofsreading your posts. :p :gomer:

cameraman
04-18-06, 03:11 PM
Maybe she could start by proofsreading your posts. :p :gomer:

Or proofreading yours... :rofl:

rabbit
04-18-06, 03:33 PM
Or proofreading yours... :rofl:
I was mimicking Spicoli’s intentional misspelling of the word. But thanks for playing. ;)

Wabbit
04-18-06, 04:06 PM
Does this mean you're going to say something and mean something else then change your mind and reaffirm the first thing you said while really implying that you meant the second thing and then flip-flopping back to the first thing you said then changing your mind to the second thing you said while doing an intern? :saywhat:

dando
04-18-06, 04:11 PM
I was mimicking Spicoli’s intentional misspelling of the word. But thanks for playing. ;)
Are,,,,,you sure,,,,it's internenational,,,,? :gomer: :D

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
04-18-06, 05:11 PM
Good luck

I am in my third term on my kid's school board.

People may hate politicians and many deserve it. But it is a thankless job necessary for everyone's well being.

Keep three things in mind

Politics is ugly

Governing is compromise

All politics are local

Sean O'Gorman
04-18-06, 05:57 PM

Didn't you just tell me like yesterday that you "might be working for the ass that runs this country"?

I'm pretty sure there are too many stars in "*********" for it to spell democrat, unless maybe Spicoli is spelling it ;)

race chica
04-18-06, 06:11 PM
Didn't you just tell me like yesterday that you "might be working for the ass that runs this country"?

I'm pretty sure there are too many stars in "*********" for it to spell democrat, unless maybe Spicoli is spelling it ;)

You're just jealous. And what does that have to do with PR?

race chica
04-18-06, 06:22 PM
you rights good. you also a proofsreader?

:laugh:

Just because I don't proofread my own posts on an internet forum doesn't mean I don't proofread everything I do. This isn't the SATs or a national spelling bee.

Spicoli
04-18-06, 08:47 PM
Just because I don't proofread my own posts on an internet forum doesn't mean I don't proofread everything I do. This isn't the SATs or a national spelling bee.

OK.

Spicoli
04-18-06, 08:51 PM
Does this mean you're going to say something and mean something else then change your mind and reaffirm the first thing you said while really implying that you meant the second thing and then flip-flopping back to the first thing you said then changing your mind to the second thing you said while doing an intern? :saywhat:

are you really a wabbit? :cool:

rabbit
04-18-06, 10:38 PM
There are also not enough to spell republican. ;) That's why I used nine stars.

devilmaster
04-18-06, 11:54 PM

I actually understood that. :eek:

Spicoli
04-19-06, 08:05 AM

Its nice to see how well being a republican has treated you my friend. :)

Live at home with parents? check.

bad haircut? check.

no girlfriend? check.

broke? check.

used car? check.

:rofl:

Maybe you can go get a PR job after all. :cry:

Stu
04-19-06, 09:04 AM
used car? check.

hmmm...

i'm one to rarely defend ogorman. but, buying a new car is rarely a smart financial thing to do, so thats no big deal.

the rest are true though (dammit, 2 are true for me)

Spicoli
04-19-06, 09:16 AM
hmmm...

i'm one to rarely defend ogorman. but, buying a new car is rarely a smart financial thing to do, so thats no big deal.

the rest are true though (dammit, 2 are true for me)

http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_loser.php

:gomer:

Spicoli
04-19-06, 09:21 AM
Your Score Summary

Overall, you scored as follows:

24% are cooler, and
76% are more of a loser than you.

What does this mean?

Definitely not a loser - You're cool by us

:thumbup:

Stu
04-19-06, 10:28 AM
79% loser. :thumbup:

I wonder how the people who created the test scored. Cuz you know, those people that go around creating internet tests are so freaking cool.

Andrew Longman
04-19-06, 12:43 PM
90% loser. But we all knew that.

TravelGal
04-19-06, 02:31 PM
Well LA DEE DAH. I'm only a 71% loser.

Now, if I only knew which answers got me to that exalted status. ???

tllips
04-19-06, 03:05 PM
62% Loser. My wife probably thinks that is a low number. :gomer:

Sean O'Gorman
04-19-06, 05:51 PM
Its nice to see how well being a republican has treated you my friend. :)

Live at home with parents? check.

bad haircut? check.

no girlfriend? check.

broke? check.

used car? check.

:rofl:

Maybe you can go get a PR job after all. :cry:

Dude I'm on track to make like 10k more than the average marketing grad does in their first year out of school. Like everyone in my company gets paid well, even the mailroom lady drives an E46 BMW. I'll have those things fixed soon, except the girlfriend thing, and probably the bad haircut. :laugh:

EDIT: And I'm fine with my car anyway. Its nicer than alot of new cars under 20K.

Ankf00
04-19-06, 05:56 PM
and there you have it folks, SOG's employers, the next Enron :gomer:

RaceGrrl
04-19-06, 07:49 PM
http://www.nerdtests.com/images/ft/lsr.php?val=8594

Spicoli
04-19-06, 08:07 PM
Dude I'm on track to make like 10k more than the average marketing grad does in their first year out of school. Like everyone in my company gets paid well, even the mailroom lady drives an E46 BMW. I'll have those things fixed soon, except the girlfriend thing, and probably the bad haircut. :laugh:

EDIT: And I'm fine with my car anyway. Its nicer than alot of new cars under 20K.

The great thing about O'Gorman, is he can take the ribbin'.

dood, when you get some money you can get a better haircut, upgrade the wheels, and what the hell - go ahead and splurge on that penile implant while you are at it.

Ankf00
04-19-06, 08:33 PM
or be like you and go for the uncut Doc Emmett Brown look

Sean O'Gorman
04-19-06, 08:40 PM
http://www.student.cs.uwaterloo.ca/~jthean/ThreadDirection.jpg

Spicoli
04-19-06, 08:54 PM
or be like you and go for the uncut Doc Emmett Brown look

http://www.macjams.com/filemgmt_data/snaps/16620_jeff_goldblum_is_watching_you_poop.jpg

Ankf00
04-19-06, 09:08 PM
Well DOC, in this instance I think I'm going to have to defer to Devilmaster comparing me to Yoong :gomer:

TRDfan
04-19-06, 10:17 PM
the other steve - trdfan....

town councillor iirc

City Councilman - LaCrescent MN (Former School Board member)

Quoting my Dad when I decided to run "Do you really need the aggrevation ?"
My response "If I don't do it, who will ? "

Elected office of any kind can be severe brain damage. But it's a great way to give something back to the community.

Currently in the last year of my four year term. People were pushing me to run for State Senate - I passed. I'm not even sure I'm going to run for re-election. Outside chance I could run for Mayor.

rabbit
05-04-06, 04:00 PM
http://www.student.cs.uwaterloo.ca/~jthean/ThreadDirection.jpg

Back on topic, I just found out today that I got smoked. Turns out the guy I was running against (we were both write-ins) is somehow related to like three-fourths of the frikkin' precinct. I never had a chance. Oh well. Maybe next time.

Ankf00
05-04-06, 04:12 PM
that sucks. next time talk all your friends into registering in your precinct, we'll rig the ballot Kennedy style :D

Turbodog
05-04-06, 04:21 PM
that sucks. next time talk all your friends into registering in your precinct, we'll rig the ballot Kennedy style :D

do it LBJ style ;)

Sean O'Gorman
05-04-06, 06:57 PM
Turns out the guy I was running against (we were both write-ins) is somehow related to like three-fourths of the frikkin' precinct.

Isn't that kind of low for your area of Ohio?

:runs:

dando
05-04-06, 06:58 PM
Back on topic, I just found out today that I got smoked. Turns out the guy I was running against (we were both write-ins) is somehow related to like three-fourths of the frikkin' precinct. I never had a chance. Oh well. Maybe next time.
Sorry dude. I thought that only happened in southern Ohiya (or any place south of I-70). :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

extramundane
05-04-06, 10:26 PM

I've threatened for a few years to run for City Council. I figure that, considering the corrupt jerkweeds we've had over the years (Don't even get me started :flame: ), I couldn't be any worse. Then, after reading this, I realize this is what would happen to me.

Well, that and the fact that "Grand Am Sucks!" and "I like beer!" isn't exactly a campaign platform.

cart7
05-04-06, 10:44 PM

Darn the luck. Looks like you won't be able to sway the town council to spend millions on a CCWS street race in your town. :gomer:

Racing Truth
05-05-06, 05:38 PM
Isn't that kind of low for your area of Ohio?

:runs:

Yeah, rabbit, are you on the West Va. border? :saywhat:

Inbreeding Fever! Catch it! :gomer:

cart7: :rofl:

nissan gtp
05-05-06, 05:41 PM
I've threatened for a few years to run for City Council. I figure that, considering the corrupt jerkweeds we've had over the years (Don't even get me started :flame: ), I couldn't be any worse. Then, after reading this, I realize this is what would happen to me.

Well, that and the fact that "Grand Am Sucks!" and "I like beer!" isn't exactly a campaign platform.

hell, I'd vote for ya :D

Lizzerd
05-05-06, 06:54 PM
Me too!

extramundane
05-05-06, 07:00 PM
hell, I'd vote for ya :D

I think the way voting goes in this city, you wouldn't even have to change your address...

rabbit
05-05-06, 11:18 PM
Yeah, rabbit, are you on the West Va. border? :saywhat:

Inbreeding Fever! Catch it! :gomer:

cart7: :rofl:
Nope, NW Ohio. Not a lot of inbreeding here. Just a lot of huge German Catholic families who pass on their family farms from generation to generation.