PDA

View Full Version : Next time you're at Hooters, try ordering "Off-menu"

cart7
04-14-06, 11:22 PM
Apparently the wings aren't the only hot things going down at your neighborhood Hooters.

Hooters lawsuit (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0414061hooters1.html)

and to think I've been wasting my time ordering their Cuban Sandwiches. :gomer:

dando
04-15-06, 12:12 AM
Still pissed Hooters Air is no more.

:gomer:
;)

-Kevin

chop456
04-15-06, 06:08 AM
and to think I've been wasting my time ordering their Cuban Sandwiches. :gomer:

If there were 2 Cuban girls working there, you might have been closer than you thought.

Turbodog
04-15-06, 01:21 PM
Hooters is a poor mans strip joint :gomer:

racermike
04-15-06, 01:53 PM
Hooters is a poor mans strip joint :gomer:

Place is EXPENSIVE though!

I can GO to a strip joint and spend less money (thats for food and "entertainment")

oddlycalm
04-15-06, 02:28 PM
Amusing article. My take on Hooters has never had to do with their cheerleaders but the fact that they have saved me many times from a certain fate of Shoneys or Wafflehouse while traveling in the rural Southeast for which the get a big :thumbup:

Outside of that context though the charm is lost. As racermike already posted, second string cheerleaders that keep their clothes on and decent franchise/chain food makes as much sense as paying $25 for a jar of Cheeze Whiz in this town.

oc

RichK
04-15-06, 03:56 PM
a certain fate of Shoneys or Wafflehouse

**shudder**

Spicoli
04-15-06, 06:28 PM
There may be no greater suckage in dining than Shoneys.

devilmaster
04-15-06, 06:52 PM
Wafflehouse is right up there.... 'you shouldn't send me to a wafflehouse johnny. I went to a wafflehouse once. Once.'

the only time I've been, I watched a server buttering toast for someones meal. Never mind the fact that the buttertub looks like it had been out forever and was separating, the knife had been the same one used time and time again, and there were enough toast crumbs in the tub to qualify for a keebler pie crust....

But as the guy was buttering the bread, it slipped off the knife and onto the stainless steel counter...... Yep, you guessed it. Waste not, want not I guess, he scooped it up with the knife and finished spreading.

:shakehead:

cart7
04-15-06, 07:48 PM
I think they call that "seasoned" butter Steve. Ya know, like when you don't wash the wok and let it get all gunky inside. :laugh:

nrc
04-15-06, 08:15 PM
Wafflehouse is right up there.... 'you shouldn't send me to a wafflehouse johnny. I went to a wafflehouse once. Once.'

I went by a brand new Wafflehouse today and I wondered if they have them pre-unsanitized.

Lizzerd
04-15-06, 09:28 PM
Their breakfasts aren't bed. It's hard to screw up bacon and eggs, though. As long as you don't watch them butter your toast.

Turbodog
04-16-06, 02:34 AM
As long as you don't watch them butter your toast.

:saywhat:

Winston Wolfe
04-16-06, 02:51 PM
There may be no greater suckage in dining than Shoneys.

perhaps, though.... what if there was an EARL race on one of the B&W t.v. screens with the rabbit ears and aluminium foil ?

suckage x 2 = that!