PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap! Big Plans at "The Mile"

HolyCrap
04-02-03, 03:56 PM
The new GM at the Milwaukee Mile gave me a personal tour of the place today, along with giving me some insight as to all the new stuff they have in store for this year.

Nice Visual--They plan to give out blue glo-sticks to the people in the grandstand, so that at the start of the race everyone lights up. Shouldbe quite a sight.

Stands--The grandstand is just that, grand. Much higher than you'll remember the old one was. There will be luxury suites that "real people" will eventually get to buy into, not just for corporate types. Seats in hte upper section with real arms....bleacher seats with backs!

Scoreboard--Will show an all-new front with more info. I am also told there will be a new scoring pylon perhaps in place in time for this year's night race.

Timng and Scoring--They hope to move up to the expanded box atop the new grandstand.

New Hospitality--For the fans! Imagine that...looking out for the people who buy tickets.

Qualifying Package--they are putting together a qualifying night package that includes hospitality and a seat for the evening's events.

A new race name in store....The Centenial 250-Presented by Miller.

It all looks good for the 100th anniversary of the track.

SteveH
04-02-03, 04:01 PM
Drove by it last week, the grandstand is huge!

Don Quixote
04-02-03, 05:14 PM
:cool:

Gurneyflap
04-02-03, 06:54 PM
Drove up to the Home And Garden Show at the new expo building just off turn one. Got a chance to see our seats in row 30 of sec. 302. I was impressed. Not in the highest section but farther up than our previous seats in the old structure. I'm looking forward to the historic night time festivities. We're all playing hooky on Friday and driving up early. I hope we are able to find our seats by 7PM on Saturday!

Napoleon
04-02-03, 09:54 PM
:thumbup:

Railbird
04-02-03, 10:16 PM
What about the Leinie Lodge under the old grandstand?

Hate to lose a cool little place like that.

Hink
04-03-03, 01:11 PM
Since RA is gone, I'm contemplating getting out there for the race this year. I haven't been there since 1995 (first time 1980).