PDA

View Full Version : Champ Car f'ing sucks

Ankf00
04-14-06, 11:59 AM
or so that seems to be the collective opinion down here. I have a small group of buddies down for grabbing 3 day super-passes with me. But for the most part, people I try to talk into going with just want to go for 1 day and that day 99% of the time is ALMS... :-\

dando
04-14-06, 12:17 PM
or so that seems to be the collective opinion down here. I have a small group of buddies down for grabbing 3 day super-passes with me. But for the most part, people I try to talk into going with just want to go for 1 day and that day 99% of the time is ALMS... :-\
Yer in South Norman. That's the issue. :gomer:

-Kevin

racer2c
04-14-06, 12:26 PM
They know about it enough to consider it "sucks"? Weird.

Sean O'Gorman
04-14-06, 12:31 PM
My guess is that the collective opinion is that hanging out with you sucks. :gomer:

Ankf00
04-14-06, 12:51 PM
They know about it enough to consider it "sucks"? Weird.
people have actually said "I have no interest in seeing champ car"...

KLang
04-14-06, 12:55 PM

Nascar is racing to most people anymore. <sigh>

A little OT: Yesterday's Houston paper had a nice ad for the Grand Prix. One small problem.... Nowhere did it state the date of the event.

dando
04-14-06, 12:57 PM
More races like LBGP, and I couldn't blame 'em. :saywhat:
Races like Cleveburg, Edmonton, and Denver. :thumbup:
Hopefully HOU doesn't become Venice again for this year's race. :(

-Kevin

fourrunner
04-14-06, 12:59 PM

lol Ank

One of the downsides of not "transfering" up to these parts!! ;)

I've got 50 people lined up for a CC Race in Philly, if it ever happens ! :)

Ankf00
04-14-06, 01:08 PM
i mean, they'll say that before saying "I'm down for alms on friday night though"

Turbodog
04-14-06, 01:17 PM
i mean, they'll say that before saying "I'm down for alms on friday night though"

dont worry I will be there with my "free" tickets :p

racer2c
04-14-06, 01:57 PM

That's the problem right there; the majority of ALMS fans hate Champ Car. Duh.

Spicoli
04-14-06, 02:03 PM
Its Friday. Must be hatin' !!! :D

Dr. Corkski
04-14-06, 02:06 PM
The drifting will change their minds. :gomer:

devilmaster
04-14-06, 02:08 PM
Nascar is racing to most people anymore. <sigh>

Absolutely true, and absolutely sad at the same time.

Ankf00
04-14-06, 02:09 PM
they're not alms fans dude, they're random engineer dudes with an acute affinity for the automotive... I'm better able to convince b-school peeps than enginerds, how ****ing twisted is that?

Sean, let us know when you finally have "friends" who will acknowledge your presence in public. :gomer:

Ankf00
04-14-06, 02:11 PM
Its Friday. Must be hatin' !!! :D
get a haircut, hippy.

G.
04-14-06, 02:14 PM
they're not alms fans dude, they're random engineer dudes with an acute affinity for the automotive... I'm better able to convince b-school peeps than enginerds, how ****ing twisted is that?

I was once a random enginerd that thought auto racing was a bunch of guys running around in circles for no apparent reason.

[cue Mission Impossible music]

GET THEM TO THE TRACK!

Get them to practice, qualies, whatever.

Your job, and I don't give a rats *** if you choose to accept it, is to turn the geeks into CC fans!

[what the hell, just let the music keep on playing, no endy]

racer2c
04-14-06, 02:17 PM

Sean, let us know when you finally have "friends" who will acknowledge your presence in public. :gomer:

Well, there's the problem right there; they're engineering students. Duh!

Ankf00
04-14-06, 02:18 PM
Well, there's the problem right there; they're engineering students. Duh!
That's it, I'm going to tell ,,,,, where you moved to. :mad: :p

racer2c
04-14-06, 02:51 PM
That's it, I'm going to tell ,,,,, where you moved to. :mad: :p

Hey, at least they're not NASCAR fans.

A mother of a friend of my daughter dropped her kid off at our house last summer. She noticed the racing motif in the house and intelligently inquired "Oh, are you into racing?". Of course I had to answer yes, the pictures on the wall gave my secret away already. She went on to tell me that her son was going to an engineering school in North Carolina and that he was part of the NASCAR program that the school hosted. I replied "oh, good for him. Those are tube frames aren't they?" Knowing that she probably didn’t know if they were or not nor would she understand my subtle attempt to humor myself. She replied "I don't, but they are very technical". I cordially agreed and kicked her ass out the door. She did ask me who my favorite NASCAR driver was though, that has evolved into the official South Eastern greeting. I said “I don’t follow NASCAR, I prefer formula racers to which the predictable glazed expression and change of subject pursues.

cart7
04-14-06, 11:49 PM
Nice to see politeness hasn't become lost on the youth of today....

I'll fill you in ank.......

originally posted by ankf00

"3 day super-passes with me." ;)

RusH
04-15-06, 03:16 AM
what`s a champ car?...I`m waitin to see the grand prix! :gomer:

I hope they are fast and loud. :thumbup:

chop456
04-15-06, 06:06 AM

I see tons of Champ Car shirts at Sebring and Road America every year. Don't base your conclusion on the opinion of one former member of this site that's one of the biggest knobs in innerweb forum history.

Unless you were being sarcastic, in which case it wasn't sarcastic enough. :D

racer2c
04-15-06, 09:02 AM
I see tons of Champ Car shirts at Sebring and Road America every year. Don't base your conclusion on the opinion of one former member of this site that's one of the biggest knobs in innerweb forum history.

Unless you were being sarcastic, in which case it wasn't sarcastic enough. :D

You should post an outline; "Chops Guide to Message Board Posting". :gomer:

I was being more factious than sarcastic but whatever. I don't know of the former member you speak or in what regard but do remember someone who posted a link to an ALMS board where the majority of the posts were anti-Champ Car

extramundane
04-15-06, 02:02 PM
I was being more factious than sarcastic but whatever. I don't know of the former member you speak or in what regard but do remember someone who posted a link to an ALMS board where the majority of the posts were anti-Champ Car

There's a group of ALMS fans who seem convinced that, because of Miami & Mexico City, Gerry Forsythe lies awake at night thinking of ways to screw them again.