PDA

View Full Version : contacting ccic?

CART T. Katz
04-13-06, 08:39 PM
today i got my ccic membership sticker, letter explaining my benefits, and my form letter from my favorite driver paul tracy.

except paul didn't send me a letter, bordais did. and considering my opinion of him, that was a real low blow. :thumdown:

anyway i can contact them to try to rectify that error (and get that swag that they promised me last year and this year for that matter)?

Anteater
04-13-06, 09:31 PM
Use this linky:
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Contact.asp?uRecipient=CCIC+Fan+Club&uCategory=Fan+club

You may want to have "Attention Megan" in the subject line on the form; she's pretty good at sorting things out. She may be a little swamped right now with processing all the new registrations from the CCIC tent at LBGP, though!

The strange thing is that I'm sure that I selected da Matta as my favorite driver, and expected a letter "from" him (heck, we all know it's done with computers!). But I got one from Bourdais too. :saywhat:

tllips
04-13-06, 11:17 PM
My letter is from Bordais too. I don't remember if I put Jimmy down or not as my favorite driver since I knew he wasn't running the whole season. But I definitely did not put Seabass as my favorite.

tantra
04-13-06, 11:30 PM
Perhaps that's one of the rewards for being the champion. He gets to welcome supporters. Or, perhaps, it's a conspiracy of the French government.
Was the letter in English or French.

Jayblues
04-14-06, 02:13 AM
same here, ticked PT - Seebass.
i think he had time to write them while everyone was qualifying saturday.

Anteater
04-14-06, 07:57 AM

I think he wrote a few more during the race--that's why there were no in-cockpit shots! :D

jcollins28
04-14-06, 10:20 AM
I orderd the Allmendinger and was served SeaBass.

ChampcarShark
04-14-06, 10:35 AM
I did not order and got a letter from Bourdais :rofl: :rofl:

ChampcarShark
04-14-06, 10:41 AM
same here, ticked PT - Seebass.

Or maybe PT wrote the letter after the first turn He had plenty of time) and the three amigos did not like what he wrote. Used one from other driver and forgot to change the name from SeaBass to Paul.

Just my conspiracy theory.

TKGAngel
04-14-06, 11:05 AM
I orderd the Allmendinger and was served SeaBass.

Ha ha. :D

I sent through my re-registration, and never received a confirmation email. Did any of you that have received your letters encounter the same problem?

I've sent a feedback email via the champcar site and have received nothing back.

dando
04-14-06, 11:47 AM
The real question is will Nicole get a letter from Seabass if she tries to register yet again? ;)

-Kevin

G.
04-14-06, 11:54 AM
I orderd the Allmendinger and was served SeaBass.I "chose" Dinger as my favorite driver, but nowhere did it say that I would get a personal, from the heart, welcome letter, written in expert calygraphy, caligrfy, um, handwriting, from the man hisself.

I got the (nice enough) form letter from Seabass.

BFD.

:confused:

Just think: if a merger happens, this is the type of thing that we all get to ***** about! :thumbup:

cameraman
04-14-06, 12:05 PM
Anyone detecting something of a trend here :rofl:

RichK
04-14-06, 12:08 PM
Anyone remember those cameras a few years back?

RHR_Fan
04-14-06, 01:16 PM
I "re-registered" about a month ago and haven't gotten squat. Did y'all get a confirmation e-mail when/if you re-registered?

And I think I clicked RHR as my favorite. Either him or Nelson.

~Nicole

TravelGal
04-14-06, 03:25 PM
AFAIK they did not promise a letter this year. They did promise one last year. TravelGuy got his from PT. I did not get a letter but I figure I've got enough Jimmy autographs so it's not a big deal.

It IS, however, a big deal to both of us to get a Bourdais letter when we are both members of ABB club (anybody but bourdais). I know he was the logical choice but I would have much rather had ANYONE else sign it.

rabbit
04-14-06, 03:48 PM
I gave up on it. I registered a year ago and still haven't got a thing. If they don't want me to be a member, then I'm not going to waste my time.

I never got a response on my Race Director complaint either. :thumdown:

Lizzerd
04-14-06, 04:21 PM
I gave up on it. I registered a year ago and still haven't got a thing. If they don't want me to be a member, then I'm not going to waste my time.

Did you write that, or were you reading my mind? Exact same happened to me. Didn't get anything even after follow up emails. Somebody did reply to one of them, though. Something like "sorry, you'll get your stuff in about a week."

Anteater
04-14-06, 05:13 PM
I "re-registered" about a month ago and haven't gotten squat. Did y'all get a confirmation e-mail when/if you re-registered?

I didn't, but my husband did (probably because he used a new email address).

nissan gtp
04-14-06, 05:53 PM
no letter or sticker here, but I did get a discount at the CC trailer in LB -- KL shirt and very nice Atlantics hat (ps, more Atlantics swag please)

I want my seabass letter ! :rofl:

Fitti Fan
04-14-06, 09:17 PM
I remember the camera, the photo book, and seems there was a stop watch or something?

Last year, my packet came very late in the season.

This year, I did NOT resubmit and I just received the same package as everyone else seems to have. No gift this time, just a sticker to put on last year's card. My husband reminded me it was free--even though he was the one that said, "what, no sticker?" in regards to the champcar clingies we got last year.

Wouldn't mind paying a few bucks for some cool little token item.

:shakehead

RHR_Fan
04-14-06, 09:51 PM
I remember the camera, the photo book, and seems there was a stop watch or something?

Last year, my packet came very late in the season.

This year, I did NOT resubmit and I just received the same package as everyone else seems to have. No gift this time, just a sticker to put on last year's card. My husband reminded me it was free--even though he was the one that said, "what, no sticker?" in regards to the champcar clingies we got last year.

Wouldn't mind paying a few bucks for some cool little token item.

I'm assuming you're going to MKE this year? I hope to run into you both - and not outside of the bathroom! hehe

~Nicole

CART T. Katz
04-17-06, 10:16 AM
***UPDATE***

just recieved an e-mail back from megan and it revealed two disturbing things:

I am so sorry for the confusion. Since Sebastian is the 2005 champion all renewal letters came from him. Last year you should have received a letter from PT along with your card and your membership benefits sheet. I'm very sorry to have disappointed you. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Best Regards,
Megan

don't tell me the fan club is doing a bait-and-switch to attract members... :shakehead

ps. travelgal, where do i sign up to join the ABB club?

JoeBob
04-17-06, 11:55 AM
Seriously... ChampCar's biggest problem is that fan club letters are fake-signed by Sebastien Bourdais?

pchall
04-17-06, 12:09 PM
Seriously... ChampCar's biggest problem is that fan club letters are fake-signed by Sebastien Bourdais?

It's not just the use of an auto-pen, it's that the auto-pen is NA and uses traction control.

RaceGrrl
04-17-06, 12:10 PM
No, it's not the biggest problem, but it is irritating that something as simple as CCIC renewals is handled so badly.

Dr. Corkski
04-17-06, 12:11 PM
Serves you Tracy fans right. :rofl:

cameraman
04-17-06, 12:37 PM
Ya know, if the biggest thing going on in your life is the letter that may or may not accompany a ccic membership well then.....

KLang
04-17-06, 12:59 PM
It could have been worse, at least it wasn't signed by Michael Andretti. :D

JoeBob
04-17-06, 01:02 PM
Since Sebastien only "signed" SB, at least we could have pretended that the MA was Mario. ;)

Sean O'Gorman
04-17-06, 06:25 PM
Yeah what the hell, who really cares? No matter what driver it is he probably only spent 30 seconds writing something generic that a few hundred or thousand people will read anyway.

JoeBob
04-17-06, 07:07 PM
You really think he wrote it?

Dr. Corkski
04-17-06, 08:06 PM
You really think he wrote it?Of course, free letters from drivers are the most important component of the on track product, so obviously they take their time out to write each and every one of them. There is no way I can possibly enjoy a race until I get my Gaston Mazzacane letter.

TravelGal
04-17-06, 09:27 PM
Of course, free letters from drivers are the most important component of the on track product, so obviously they take their time out to write each and every one of them. There is no way I can possibly enjoy a race until I get my Gaston Mazzacane letter.

:rofl: :rofl: Worth reading to the end to get to that comment.

wood-eye
04-19-06, 08:25 AM
Hi folks.....

My understanding (I haven't received my new sticker or letter yet but this is what I understand) is that new members receive a letter from their favorite driver........if you are resigning for this year, you receive a letter from the champion.

For those who are not having success getting your membership materials... contact Champ Car Inner Circle membership at ccic@champcar.ws ...and say..."hey I signed up and didn't get my materials" .....it all goes to the same person so no need to address it to a particular person.

Hope this helps.

If you're going to Houston, please remember there is a great Inner Circle breakfast planned for Saturday morning....

Hope this helps

Wood-eye

Anteater
04-19-06, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the clarification, wood-eye!
*BLATANT PLUG* I'm sure that the CCIC breakfast in Houston will be another outstanding event; I strongly urge all Houston-bound CCIC members to attend this!

RHR_Fan
05-01-06, 10:12 PM
I FINALLY got my renewal stuff today. And I only had to register once this year!! :thumbup: :D

~Nicole

Wabbit
05-01-06, 11:44 PM
Got my renewal today as well, even though I didn't renew.

I did notice something interesting. $200 for a pace car ride. That might be fun.

RHR_Fan
05-02-06, 05:28 PM
Got my renewal today as well, even though I didn't renew.

I did notice something interesting. $200 for a pace car ride. That might be fun.

If you can afford it, do it! Mine at Toronto was sooooooooooo much fun!

~Nicole

cameraman
05-02-06, 07:15 PM
As I live a thousand miles further west than the two of you, I received my package today. The 15% off Sherwin-Williams card is a nice thing.

Wabbit
05-02-06, 07:43 PM
As I live a thousand miles further west than the two of you, I received my package today. The 15% off Sherwin-Williams card is a nice thing.

1000 miles west of me is the deep blue Pacific :D

cameraman
05-02-06, 11:35 PM
Guess WA just has quicker mail :rolleyes:

Brian_R
05-04-06, 09:41 AM
Just got mine in the mail yesterday. Now if I can actually find my CCIC card we'll be set. :eek:

TRDfan
09-20-06, 08:11 PM
CCIC Card arrived today !!!!!

WOW....just in time for RA.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Sir_Robert_Peel
09-20-06, 09:49 PM
You can't argue with the price. It's not like you are paying $39.99 to be Jeff Gordon's fan.

G.
09-20-06, 11:44 PM
g. got his this week. Holy excited! He wants to "use" his card at RA this weekend. Not exactly sure what he can use it for, but if he shows it to you, please be impressed. He is.

Methanolandbrats
09-21-06, 07:56 AM
Maybe Tracy does'nt know how to write.;)

TKGAngel
09-21-06, 08:23 AM
g. got his this week. Holy excited! He wants to "use" his card at RA this weekend. Not exactly sure what he can use it for, but if he shows it to you, please be impressed. He is.

I believe if g. shows his card at the CCWS merchandise trailer, he gets a percentage off of the purchase price.

dando
09-21-06, 08:45 AM
I believe if g. shows his card at the CCWS merchandise trailer, he gets a percentage off of the purchase price.

Correct. And G. can pay the bill. :D

-Kevin

TKGAngel
09-21-06, 10:11 AM
Correct. And G. can pay the bill. :D

-Kevin

What else are parents for? ;) :D