PDA

View Full Version : Foytility!

Al Czervik
04-12-06, 01:05 PM
Source:
http://www.jayski.com/busch/busch.htm

Quote:
"No #38 Team in Nashville?: UPDATE: Hearing that the #38 team of Akins Motorsports will not travel to Nashville this weeekend. Great Clips will reportedly move to the #32 team of Braun Racing.(04-10-2006)
UPDATE: The Great Clips Racing program has announced the addition of Jason Leffler to its driver lineup, joining Braun Racing teammate and Rookie of the Year contender AJ Foyt IV who currently drives the #38 Great Clips entry. Great Clips, which this season has served as primary sponsor of Foyt’s #38 entry, will divide their sponsorship between Braun Racing’s #32 and #38 entries throughout the 2006 season. Leffler, driver of the #32 Chevrolet, will carry Great Clips as the primary sponsor of his car in select races beginning with this weekend’s Pepsi 300 at Nashville Superspeedway. Foyt will turn to a more limited schedule in the #38 Great Clips entry in an effort to give him more time to test and gain valuable seat time by possibly running in other series. He will retain his eligibility to compete for the Rookie of the Year honors. Foyt will be back behind the wheel of the No. 38 on April 21 at Phoenix International Raceway.(Great Clips PR)(4-10-2006)
Image: See an image of the #32 Great Clips Chevy on my Busch Series Paint Scheme Page.(4-11-2006)"

Let's see, the last rookie I can remember parking it mid-season "for more test time" was Shiggy!
:rofl: :rofl:

Wheel-Nut
04-12-06, 01:14 PM
I was wondering how long they were going to keep him . . . I guess he is free to do indy now!

Foyt will turn to a more limited schedule in the #38 Great Clips entry in an effort to give him more time to test and gain valuable seat time by possibly running in other series.

That's a polite way of saying, "go wreck someone elses cars"!!

Don Quixote
04-12-06, 02:34 PM
Rookie of the Year contender AJ Foyt IV

TKGAngel
04-12-06, 04:19 PM

In a series where John Andretti is a ROTY of the year candidate, anything is possible.

Turbodog
04-13-06, 10:15 AM
I was wondering how long they were going to keep him . . . I guess he is free to do indy now!

Foyt will turn to a more limited schedule in the #38 Great Clips entry in an effort to give him more time to test and gain valuable seat time by possibly running in other series.

That's a polite way of saying, "go wreck someone elses cars"!!

Thats yo neighbor :p :gomer:

theunions
04-14-06, 02:57 AM
Did Braun buy out Doug Stringer/Akins?

cart7
04-14-06, 11:08 AM
His star rose too fast for him to keep up with it. I always figured he needed another year of seasoning in the MIPS before he was really ready for a breakout season................................sorry.... can't hold it in any longer....... :rofl: :rofl: