PDA

View Full Version : A few more LB pics

indyfan31
04-12-06, 09:43 AM
Not wanting to glom onto everyone else's picture threads, I thought I'd start my own. These aren't exactly prize winners, and I don't have the "access" some of you folks do, but here they are.

Link (http://sumo.mtdisappointment50k.com/Home.html)

I've just started playing with iWeb so it's not very polished, and don't forget, there's two pages.

Wheel-Nut
04-12-06, 10:07 AM
Cool pics, thanks. The one of 'dinger and his mom, she's HOT!! :laugh:

rabbit
04-12-06, 10:59 AM
Kinda like Dario's mom. :gomer:

ChampcarShark
04-12-06, 11:02 AM
Thanks for sharing your pics, they are awsome :thumbup:

Kiwifan
04-12-06, 03:46 PM
Fantastic! Great pics and they are all so sharp, and close. How do you guys get so close? I've done the pitlane walk but that's only when not much is happening, otherwise it's behind the fence for us. ;)

Thanks again, Rusty.

indyfan31
04-12-06, 04:17 PM
:laugh: My first thought was "... big-time racing has its privileges, don't it?"

indyfan31
04-12-06, 04:40 PM
Fantastic! Great pics and they are all so sharp, and close. How do you guys get so close? I've done the pitlane walk but that's only when not much is happening, otherwise it's behind the fence for us. ;)
Thanks again, Rusty.
Thanks everyone. I know what it's like being behind the fence, this is my first time ever in the pits. I've seen/heard them scream by on the track for years, but until you're 10 ft away from a Champcar when it launches out of it's pit box, you have no idea what a beast it really is; that SCREAM of that engine along with the screaching rubber and methanol fumes all at once is a surreal experience.
On saturday I borrowed someone's pass for a short while, I don't think my feet touched the ground the whole time. :)

grungex
04-12-06, 05:03 PM
Sweet pics!

Anteater
04-12-06, 06:33 PM
Those are terrific, indyfan31! I especially like the C-17 flyover and the driver portraits.

Last weekend was our first time in the pits at Long Beach, too; my husband and I were so totally jazzed! :cool: