PDA

View Full Version : irl 500 entries. No entries from the Man from Glad?

mapguy
04-02-03, 01:28 PM
So far there are only 21 entries and one TBA thrown in for good measure. What I find interesting is that Team Captain Liverspots hasn't filed an entry yet. (http://my.brickyard.com/500/press/story.php?story_id=994) Isn't the entry deadline April 1st?

pchall
04-02-03, 01:30 PM
Have they changed the traditional closing date for entries as well?

21 drivers and 43 chassis entered by April 1. Tony has Vision!

mapguy
04-02-03, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by pchall
Have they changed the traditional closing date for entries as well?

Just as soon as the idiotGrandson gets the limit raised on his Visa card. :gomer:

RaceGrrl
04-02-03, 01:34 PM
The entry deadline is just like The Vision- it changes as the wind blows.

devilmaster
04-02-03, 01:38 PM
The entry list closes -IF- and when they make 33 cars.

Bubble day? We don't need no stinkin Bubble day..... :shakehead

Steve

Racewriter
04-02-03, 02:17 PM
IIRC, entries must be postmarked by Friday of this week.

That said, I don't think you guys are too far off the mark...

DaveL
04-02-03, 03:02 PM
So Pimpski will bring it up to 25 drivers. Big deal.

Once again for those who forgot: THIS WAS NEVER AN ISSUE DURING THE CART ERA!

Someone put that on Lemmingforum for me.

Dave99
04-02-03, 06:34 PM
Based on the irl's interpretation of their own rulebook last year it's highly unlikely that they (ims) would need to adhere to their own rules regarding I-500 entry deadlines. Maybe it's as easy as picking up an "extention to file" at your local library and submit no later than April 15th.

RTKar
04-02-03, 08:59 PM
I used to enjoy the 500 so much, from listening to it on the radio,viewing it live on closed circuit tv in the 60's, to finally attending 6 of them, my last being in 1995. By my count, from the Hungness yearbook for 1995, there were 79 cars entered with drivers (t-cars included), 25 TBA cars with a total of 43 drivers listed. From an excellent book I recently finished, "Team Lotus the Indianapolis years" I found these entry numbers;

1966 - 79 car entries
1967 - 86 car entries
1968 - 77 car entries

I'm waiting for the vision................

TRDfan
04-02-03, 10:07 PM
John Andretti and Robby Gordon are both going to try to do the double....any clue who they would be running for ? Just curious.

mnkywrch
04-02-03, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by DaveL

Someone put that on Lemmingforum for me.

Your account is active; go for it...

DaveL
04-02-03, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by mnkywrch
Your account is active; go for it...

Sure. If I post that it would really lead to a constructive discussion of the issue, too.

DaveL
04-02-03, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by RTKar
By my count, from the Hungness yearbook for 1995, there were 79 cars entered with drivers (t-cars included), 25 TBA cars with a total of 43 drivers listed.

If you go to "Missed The Show", you'll count 11 drivers for 44 total car/driver combos that May.

mnkywrch
04-03-03, 06:26 AM
Sure. If I post that it would really lead to a constructive discussion of the issue, too.

Well, if you can do it without the phrases "Idiotgrandson" and "Formula ********", it might...

RaceChic
04-03-03, 06:34 AM
:rofl: :laugh: :rofl: :laugh: :rofl: :laugh: :rofl:

That's all I have to say!!!!!!!

pchall
04-03-03, 11:26 AM
Well, if you can do it without the phrases "Idiotgrandson" and "Formula ********", it might...

Is the Ministry of Truth still working on the Newspeak dictionary of openwheel over there?

sundaydriver
04-03-03, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by TRDfan
John Andretti and Robby Gordon are both going to try to do the double....any clue who they would be running for ? Just curious.

I've read on other sites that the search for sponsorship is not going well at all and they are basically giving up.

patm
04-03-03, 12:56 PM
Hey Monkeywrench! Since you are a big cheese at TF, can you get my account reinstated? Seems I lost posting priveledges right after the 497.5 race.

patm

mnkywrch
04-03-03, 01:34 PM
Is the Ministry of Truth still working on the Newspeak dictionary of openwheel over there?

Well, if that's what you call requiring people to engage in civil discourse, sure...

mnkywrch
04-03-03, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by patm
Hey Monkeywrench! Since you are a big cheese at TF, can you get my account reinstated? Seems I lost posting priveledges right after the 497.5 race.

If you're serious, drop me a line and explain why you got bounced.

JoeBob
04-03-03, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by TRDfan

As of now... nobody: http://www.indystar.com/print/articles/2/032835-6582-037.html

devilmaster
04-03-03, 03:21 PM
Now that we're done dealing with TF's internal issues and problems..... :rolleyes:

One thing that caught my eye in that article JB linked.....

"He's got his hands full," John Andretti said of his cousin. "I don't want to be the guy he comes up to afterward and says, 'I lost because of you,' because he split up one of his pit crews to help me out."

I guess it says alot when your own blood will slam you in the paper like that.

Steve

DaveL
04-03-03, 07:37 PM

If the shoe fits...

pchall
04-03-03, 08:28 PM
If the shoe fits...

Language is powerful. That is why some seek to control discourse by forbidding certain usages and adopting others for disingenuous reasons.

mnkywrch
04-03-03, 09:43 PM
Language is powerful. That is why some seek to control discourse by forbidding certain usages and adopting others for disingenuous reasons.

I think there's a big difference between "controlling discourse" and "acting like an adult".

If you can't express your opinion like an adult, do you have an adult opinion worth expressing?

I mean, just because I can call ChampCars "SpecFords" - ya know, the shoe fits - doesn't mean I should, in the interests of civil discourse.

DaveL
04-03-03, 10:17 PM
Wrench, you know as well as I that anything I write on that forum (the IRL forum only) of or pertaining to the IRL, no matter how civil and adult the presentation, will result in nothing but flames. As it is, the Lemmings are going apesh!it when someone like Prof. Joe, who was once at the head of the line, starts writing things that are going against the Gospel according to Tony, so you can imagine what responses to my posts would be.

And one thing that has to be clear is this: We CARTisans write about the record low entry (to date) because we once loved the Indy 500 and are disgusted at how, under Tony's "leadership" it has lost nearly half its TV audience and will do good just to get enough entries to come close to 33 nominated drivers, much less enough entries for Bump Day to mean anything.

Ziggy
04-03-03, 10:28 PM
Im just for upholding all the "traditions"

What about the smooth move to run the Toyota Pro (sic) Series on the 17th of May? I figured by now that all IRL employee's would have seen these guys race? Why not have it during Brickyard weekend? When there are actually fans there?

A did'nt it break Tony's ever loving heart that CART wanted to shorten the month? Bring a Lights race MAYBE?

How about that Schumacher fellow? He does not even care if He wins a race at the famous "Brickyard"?

WOW, I think it's about as fixed as it's gonna get. IF you dont believe me, just ask Paul Tracy and Barry Green

Ziggy

mnkywrch
04-03-03, 11:06 PM
Wrench, you know as well as I that anything I write on that forum (the IRL forum only) of or pertaining to the IRL, no matter how civil and adult the presentation, will result in nothing but flames. As it is, the Lemmings are going apesh!it when someone like Prof. Joe, who was once at the head of the line, starts writing things that are going against the Gospel according to Tony, so you can imagine what responses to my posts would be.

That's not your issue. If they're the ones who cross the line, they're the ones who should be dealt with.

Ask JoeBob. He's over there causing trouble all the time. ;)

Peter Venkman
04-04-03, 03:52 PM
Quite the Lemming, these days.

JSR
04-04-03, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Peter Venkman
Quite the Lemming, these days.

Wrench or Joebob?

Peter Venkman
04-04-03, 04:05 PM
Wrench.

JSR
04-04-03, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Peter Venkman
Wrench.

Wrench is the CART moderator at TF.

SteveH
04-04-03, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by JSR
Wrench is the CART moderator at TF.

The CART forum at TF - the home CART Financial Analysis by Jim Wilke.

mnkywrch
04-04-03, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by SteveH
The CART forum at TF - the home CART Financial Analysis by Jim Wilke.

Ya know, if you don't like Jim's posts, don't reply to them... and they fall off the radar. Or, better yet, counter what he's saying and prove him wrong. And if Bernie or Roger or whoever would hurry up and take CART private, it wouldn't be an issue. ;)

It's hard right now to keep anything going with the gaps between races - not too much to discuss right now save financials and press releases. Not as much fun as the racing, for sure - but it's short term until things pick up after Milwaukee.

It's harder work than the F1 forum, for sure, the only time I had problems with that forum was when Schumi goofed and gave away the USGP last year.

Plus I got quite the shoes to follow - Railbird.

So if you'd like to see less financial threads and more racing threads, stop by and start some. :)

SteveH
04-04-03, 05:03 PM
I was making a joke, mnkywrch. I hardly ever respond to any posts on CART's financials. I don't follow that part that closely.

devilmaster
04-04-03, 07:27 PM
Jeez, when did I start posting on TrackForu........ oh wait....I didn't.

:rolleyes: