PDA

View Full Version : Montreal promoter change

dando
04-11-06, 01:04 PM
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=10093

Legault out. :thumbup: Hopefully the race can be restored to what it was a couple of years ago after it was practically destroyed last year. :flame: :mad:

-Kevin

cameraman
04-11-06, 01:12 PM
Alan Labrosse has 4.5 months to get this thing up and running.

The man has some serious work to do....

:) :shakehead :flame: all at the same time.....

dando
04-11-06, 01:17 PM
Alan Labrosse has 4.5 months to get this thing up and running.

The man has some serious work to do....

:) :shakehead :flame: all at the same time.....
I know, but anything has got to be better than Legault, the Dr. Kevorkian of race promoters. :shakehead

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
04-11-06, 01:18 PM
Legault reportedly asked to get out. He is said to have done nothing to promote this year's race.

Looks like he may have been outmanuvered. Instead of dropping CCWS and getting the date for NASCAR or IRL, he seems to have lost his rights to the date. If true that's another event in KKs corner.

I hope so. This is an event I hope stays around a while. I've always wanted to go but it always falls around my wife's birthday. Somehow I can't seem to convince her to try a romantic weekend in Montreal for her birthday. :D

cameraman
04-11-06, 01:30 PM
They haven't even done ticket renewals yet.

Too bad they can't sue Legault for gross malpractice.

They would have a slam dunk case.

I wonder if Labrosse will mind not sleeping between now and August 27th...

rabbit
04-11-06, 01:50 PM
This was first reported about a week ago. I read somewhere, and unfortunately I can't find the link now, that Labrosse said ticket sales were very strong and that he thought the grandstands that were removed last year would be put back up and probably filled. :thumbup:

cameraman
04-11-06, 01:55 PM
Umm, the tickets are not on sale yet.

The place holder is new...

http://www.molsonindymontreal.com/