PDA

View Full Version : 2021 LBGP Champion ?

Winston Wolfe
04-10-06, 10:23 PM
Dont know if this is the right place to post for this kind of picture (feel free to move it if not)
I hope that I can even get them to post... but I wanted to share something with y'all...one of THE highlights from my 17 consecutive years at the LBGP happened this year.
So Friday, I take the boy out of his K-garten class early (dentist appt !) and surprise him with his first trip to LBGP.
His first trick was to talk to the local KCAL-9 News reporter, Hollie McHottie, and gets us on the 4 , 5, and 6 o'clock news on some fluff peice on the happenings in LB and the GP. Done !
Second trick was to talk his way into the N-H garage \ paddock after asking where the driver was? Their crew guys were so cool, they said, "Hey, would you like to sit in the car and see where the driver sits"... you can see the look on his just turned 6 year old face! He was so impressed, and the guys on the team were so damn cool, they laid blankets in the cockpit and lifted him in and out and gave him one of SeaBass' driver profile cards. He was stoked !
Only problem was telling him that he cant do that at EVERY garage \ paddock area he sees for the rest of the day. The N\H guys were so cool to take the time to make huge fan out of my son, and I had a huge silly ass grin on my face the whole time !!!! Way cool ! :thumbup:
Hopefully these pics work (\fingers-crossed\)
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/herbt66/detail?.dir=cde9&.dnm=4a46.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/herbt66/detail?.dir=cde9&.dnm=67fb.jpg&.src=ph
It's so cool to go to the track every year, and try something different each year, but this one will be one of my best memories for a long time !

manic mechanic
04-10-06, 10:58 PM
That is very cool, my friend.

Good "parenting". :thumbup:

manic

nrc
04-10-06, 11:55 PM
Cute pictures. But those mirrors will never work. :)

RaceCat
04-11-06, 12:18 AM
What a CUTE kid! Who woulda figured??? ***snork*** :D

Of course I'm just kidding.

This is a really cool story!

I never saw you all weekend. I saw everyone else but you, sorry I missed you. Maybe next race. :) It's been a long time.

RaceCat

Insomniac
04-11-06, 08:23 AM
Really cool. A great memory for you and your son. :thumbup:

Anteater
04-11-06, 09:25 AM
It was great seeing you and your little boy in the paddock Friday--he is such a cutie! :cool: Glad he had that wonderful experience.

IlliniRacer
04-11-06, 11:52 AM
I think he's already taller than daMatta.

Great pictures! :thumbup:

G.
04-11-06, 12:20 PM
One of my most treasured photos is g. sitting in a ChampCar at RA. I think he was 5 yrs. old.

Partying at a racetrack campsite with buds, new and old, is very cool, but NOTHING can compete with "you can see the look on his just turned 6 year old face! " and " make huge fan out of my son, and I had a huge silly ass grin on my face the whole time !!!! Way cool !"

:thumbup: