PDA

View Full Version : Ralfie boy is in trouble.

mapguy
04-02-03, 01:06 PM
Got a letter from the teacher telling him to improve. (http://www.autosport.com/newsitem.asp?id=22403&s=5)

tomahawk
04-02-03, 11:52 PM
The letter probably went something like this:

Dear Ralfie:

We are writing to inform you that we have been very disappointed in your recent performance.

As you know, the qualities that we value in our drivers include pace, adaptability and professionalism. You have been outpaced convincingly by your teammate (who, by the way, make half of your stipend), have not figured out the new qualifying rules and have whined incensently about the quality of the equipment that we have provided you.

This letter will serve as notice that, if you do not improve in all three of these areas, we will be force to find a more compatible driver.

Do not even think to try to pull the "BMW wants a German driver" trick...Nick Heidfeld is quicker than you.

Warmest regards,

Frank Williams & Patrick Head

:p

:tomahawk

mnkywrch
04-03-03, 01:49 PM
I still can't believe Williams signed him to such a big deal.

It just goes against their history of not overpaying for drivers.

Hink
04-03-03, 04:27 PM
But it doesn't go against their history of publically bashing thier drivers (which I don't understand).

mnkywrch
04-03-03, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Hink
But it doesn't go against their history of publically bashing thier drivers (which I don't understand).

As best I can figure, to them, the driver is just another part.

I mean, look at how they let Nigel Mansell and Damon Hill go after they won the WDC for them.

Chaos
04-04-03, 01:53 PM
I once heard in an interview that Williams cares more about the Constructor's than the Driver's Championship

Ziggy
04-04-03, 04:28 PM
Williams does care more about the constructors championship, its what they do. Frank will spend the rest of his life searching for the next Alan Jones....

I understand that Damon went into a meeting with Frank about next seasons pay. He brought up the subject of his higher price due to the fact that "he was soon going to be the world driving champion" to which Frank responded, "You will become the world champion when We allow you to win it"

They sent Hill packing.

Ziggy

Railbird
04-05-03, 10:38 AM
Frank will spend the rest of his life searching for the next Alan Jones....

Very good point.

And little Ralfie is about as far away from the AJ mold as one can get.

Railbird
04-05-03, 01:34 PM
Ralf must have gotten the memo, he just out qualed JPM.

Joe in LA
04-05-03, 03:45 PM
The funny thing about the way drivers have been handled by Williams is that he is probably the most outspoken of the owners in his admiration of the drivers. You can find all sorts or qoutes by Frank about drivers he's admired--on his team or on others--including Senna, Schumacher (the real one, not Ralf), Villeneuve, Piquet etc... However, in the end, Williams and Head figure if you produce the best car, the drivers will come to you--as did Prost and Senna.