PDA

View Full Version : Jack Bowsher Dies At 75

NismoZ
04-09-06, 03:45 PM
Any who watched USAC stockers at Milwaukee in the 60s as I did will remember Jack and some of his drivers. Foyt, Andretti, Bobby and Al Unser. The '68 USAC Champ. Even more successful in ARCA. Heckuva driver.

pchall
04-09-06, 11:21 PM
Any who watched USAC stockers at Milwaukee in the 60s as I did will remember Jack and some of his drivers. Foyt, Andretti, Bobby and Al Unser. The '68 USAC Champ. Even more successful in ARCA. Heckuva driver.

I remember the name but must have only seen it in the race reports back then. I was still having a hard time getting into the ovals then and by the time I was USAC dropped the stock car division and NASCAR racing already was sliding down hill... :saywhat:

mueber
04-10-06, 08:10 AM
One year, my father took me to the Indiana State Fairgrounds to watch a USAC stock car race on the dirt mile. Foyt was scheduled to drive Bowser’s first car but couldn’t make it to Indianapolis form California where he was qualifying for the 500 miler at Ontario. Bowser took over Foyt’s car and qualified it on the pole.

When he was interviewed on the PA system, he said something like, “Darn if the car I built for him isn’t faster than the one I built for myself.”

RIP Jack.