PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Race [Spoilers]

nrc
04-09-06, 03:32 PM
Didn't see the whole race but it sounded like Wirth was pretty much in control.

Anyone know what happen to Vinnie Barbarino? :)

oddlycalm
04-17-06, 02:10 PM
Considering all the anticipation for the new cars and large field now that the race has been broadcast I'm surprised there aren't any comments. Good debut I thinnk.

oc

RichK
04-17-06, 03:40 PM
I liked the race, and if I had to choose between watching the Atlantics season or the Champcar season, I'd choose Atlantics.

I like how the cars slide around more - they look as if they drive like a faster Formula Mazda (which they are, in a way!).

Insomniac
04-18-06, 08:00 AM
Considering all the anticipation for the new cars and large field now that the race has been broadcast I'm surprised there aren't any comments. Good debut I thinnk.

oc

I guess I expected more with a new chassis. More action on the track (passing), especially with 29 cars. Maybe I'm glorifying the quality of racing in the 90s, but this stuff just doesn't feel nearly as exciting to watch as it used to.

NismoZ
04-18-06, 04:38 PM
Wait 'til they get to a real track before passing final judgement. Driver skill should be more apparent at a few other places.

NismoZ
04-19-06, 10:45 AM
Message received and understood. Out. :thumbup:

Insomniac
04-19-06, 11:14 AM
Wait 'til they get to a real track before passing final judgement. Driver skill should be more apparent at a few other places.

I haven't given up on ChampCar or Atlantics! Just disappointed with the show at LB. Have a whole season to go. :)

NismoZ
04-19-06, 02:06 PM
In total agreement.

Anteater
04-19-06, 06:23 PM
I thought the Atlantic broadcast was far superior to the Champ Car coverage! They actually showed some passing, and there was no blonde chicky with inane balther about her go-karting experience etc. :thumbup:

Insomniac
04-20-06, 11:13 AM
I thought the Atlantic broadcast was far superior to the Champ Car coverage! They actually showed some passing, and there was no blonde chicky with inane balther about her go-karting experience etc. :thumbup:

The better the actual race is, the better the coverage is in my opinion. They used to have those Toyota spotlights throughout the race before and it never really bothered anyone. But now, you're already watching a parade, and then they just antagonize you more.

On the Atlantics broadcast, they managed to miss a restart (which then had a turn 1 incident), which is pretty bad.