PDA

View Full Version : Is this a race weekend?

Fitti Fan
04-09-06, 02:22 PM
Where is everyone? What's everyone doing? Where are all the race threads? Come on you guys, a little celebrating is in order don't you think?

BMEP and I will be grilling and celebrating here in our 60 degree midwest day. Hey, at least it is sunny!!!

What are your plans for the first race?

tllips
04-09-06, 02:26 PM
Unfortunately, I need to study and will watch the race on Tivo later this evening. :(

But, I will be finished with Grad School in May! :cool:

Fitti Fan
04-09-06, 03:33 PM
Unfortunately, I need to study and will watch the race on Tivo later this evening. :(

But, I will be finished with Grad School in May! :cool:

I have to study too, but will probably do so after the race, before the Sopranos, after the Sopranos and into the wee hours. December of '07 for me!

NismoZ
04-09-06, 03:35 PM
Does watching the Atlantic race on live video count? Wirth leads every lap. Matos is 2nd. Hinchcliffe, Pagenaud and Rahal! Lots of yellow. Tough to pass. That lap record nrc mentioned is history! Bomarito will be a force! I think this series may do as much for merger as anything else!

Turbodog
04-09-06, 03:52 PM
cooking went to galveston earlier drinking :gomer:

CARTNUT
04-09-06, 07:59 PM
Well that had to be the most boring and disappointing ChampCar race I have ever seen in my life! Will have to FF thru my DVR when we get back to see what actually happened to Jeemy. He was there, then he wasn't. What the heck. Oh well. Got a fix of the race party atmosphere after being away since last year, anyway.

The CCIC dinner last night at Gump's was pretty fun! Jer & I got there an hour late after fighting with the cops and Pike parking about where in the hell "Shoreline" parking was after 6pm. :mad: Then, when we walked in Woodeye looked at his wrist(watch) and shouted over to me with a wink, "O.K. we can start now!" ;) Jer didn't win a pace car ride this time and she was a little upset. We hung out with Manic, Angel and his friends Victor and Carlos, and chatted with Kelly Brown from ChampCar PR 'til midnight. and back to the Hotel.

Today went by so fast. Was sunny and cool all day, prolly like IL.

Now we're in our hotel by LAX and it's off Hawaii tomorrow!!! Fitti - Send Jer or me your address and we'll sed you a postcard! Aloha!

'NUT :gomer:

NismoZ
04-09-06, 08:03 PM
Yep, it was pretty bad.

race chica
04-09-06, 11:14 PM
I have to study too, but will probably do so after the race, before the Sopranos, after the Sopranos and into the wee hours. December of '07 for me!

pffft, study while watching the race...thats what i did. spanish has many creative uses at times :)

cameraman
04-10-06, 12:50 AM
I was building a fence. DVR's rule.

On top of a dull race anyone in Utah missed a good ten minutes of the race to "special reports" about 25,000 people wandering through downtown protesting immigration reform :flame:

Fitti Fan
04-10-06, 03:06 AM
Well that had to be the most boring and disappointing ChampCar race I have ever seen in my life! Will have to FF thru my DVR when we get back to see what actually happened to Jeemy. He was there, then he wasn't. What the heck. Oh well. Got a fix of the race party atmosphere after being away since last year, anyway.

Now we're in our hotel by LAX and it's off Hawaii tomorrow!!! Fitti - Send Jer or me your address and we'll sed you a postcard! Aloha!

'NUT :gomer:

Yeah, not too exciting on t.v. either but at least the season has started. I think our boy has finally gotten a haircut, probably be the only one he gets all season.

Have a great time on your vacation!!! Ahhhh, Hawaii, sounds good!

(Just finished studying for the night, true to my word!)

tllips
04-10-06, 08:30 AM
(Just finished studying for the night, true to my word!) @2am CDT.

Well, we both finished about the same time. I finished watching the race on Tivo at 1:30a. I decided that if I logged into OC, I would be up past 2 and decided against it.

Good luck with your studies Fitti!