PDA

View Full Version : Centcom announcement

rabbit
04-01-03, 08:08 PM
Centcom is getting ready to make an announcement that "will bring smiles to the faces of Americans." It's 3 am over there so this is no ordinary briefing.

rabbit
04-01-03, 08:12 PM
Report leaked that a POW has been rescued.:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

RacinM3
04-01-03, 08:14 PM
OK, where did you see this?

rabbit
04-01-03, 08:15 PM
AP wire and Fox News Channel

rabbit
04-01-03, 08:42 PM
Former POW is Army Pfc. Jessica D. Lynch, 19, of Palestine, W.Va.,
507th Maintenance Company, Fort Bliss, Texas.
http://www.foxnews.com/images/86416/0_22_lynch_jessica.jpg

turn1
04-01-03, 11:40 PM
Grabbed her from a hospital - she has gunshot wounds of an as yet undetermined source and time.

chop456
04-02-03, 09:32 AM
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2003/images/04/02/top.jessica.lynch.jpg

:thumbup: :D :thumbup: :D :thumbup: :D

Napoleon
04-04-03, 11:40 AM
There is an interesting story in the Washington Post and NY Times that an Iraqi lawyer had seen her in the hospital and reported it to the Americans. He went back twice to scout the Iraqi force levels and draw maps of how to get in and out of the hospital.

I guess lawyers are good for something.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A23979-2003Apr3.html

JoeBob
04-04-03, 11:48 AM
He probably didn't have much better to do. Its not like calling a lawyer will do you much good when Sadaam's troops knock on your door.

That, and when the military is contributing to your asylum application, you've got a free ticket to live in the USA.

A great deal for all involved.

RacinM3
04-04-03, 02:08 PM
lol nap. Once he gets to the US and sees what the lawyers are like here, he'll want to go back to Saddam's Iraq.....

rabbit
04-04-03, 02:27 PM
Mohammed has given up the life he knew to help a woman he met only briefly. He and his family came to this Marine base with nothing but the clothes they were wearing and a blanket. But Mohammed smiled broadly and happily talked about his role. He expressed no doubts about his decision.

"She would not have lived," he said simply. "It was very important."

He knew the risks, he said. "I am afraid not for me. I am afraid about my daughter and my wife," he said, turning to them sitting quietly next to him. "Because I love much."

Mohammed wants to work with the Americans some more, maybe help them gather information elsewhere in Iraq. His wife could help treat injured soldiers, he offered. Maybe he will go to America. But eventually, he said, he wants to return home.

"In the future when Saddam Hussein is down," he said, "I will go back to Nasiriyah." He said he would not worry then about the Fedayeen. "When Saddam Hussein goes down, I'm sure they will go away."

Thanks for posting that Napoleon. The label "hero" gets thrown around a lot these days. If anyone deserves that label, it's this guy.:thumbup:

Napoleon
04-04-03, 03:13 PM
And frankly rabbit regardless of the guy’s motivation walking back into that hospital twice took some serious sac, knowing that if anyone of those 40 guards so much as got a whiff of what he was up his dead body would have been hung in the public square as an example.

rabbit
04-04-03, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Napoleon
And frankly rabbit regardless of the guy’s motivation walking back into that hospital twice took some serious sac, knowing that if anyone of those 40 guards so much as got a whiff of what he was up his dead body would have been hung in the public square as an example. exactly