PDA

View Full Version : Why set a deadline for yourself that you have to cheat against?

devilmaster
04-06-06, 04:07 PM
This stupidity just floors me....

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=1&id=2399507

The co-owner of Andretti Green Racing said earlier he would drive in his son Marco's rookie race at Indy but wasn't entered until his list of 10 cars arrived only hours before the entry deadline Wednesday night.

The race had 59 cars and 24 drivers as of Thursday, although the Speedway expected others postmarked before the deadline to arrive by mail through next week.

So why have a deadline for car entries for your race in a series you run, in which you have to lie to the press telling them you'll get the rest of the postmarked lists later in the week. You run the show, so just get rid of the freakin deadline idiots. :confused: :shakehead

Stu
04-06-06, 06:33 PM
Why do they even still use the post office?

Turn7
04-06-06, 06:46 PM

Just like 33, it's a tradition. You must not know what Indy means either if you got to ask a question like that. :gomer:

Spicoli
04-06-06, 08:31 PM

FTG can't get his PC booted up? :gomer:

nrc
04-06-06, 09:19 PM

That's a cardboard mockup that came with his desk.

Spicoli
04-06-06, 09:31 PM
That's a cardboard mockup that came with his desk.

:thumbup: :cry:

Stu
04-06-06, 10:10 PM
Just like 33, it's a tradition. You must not know what Indy means either if you got to ask a question like that. :gomer:

I know what Indy means. I heard the song durrrr... :gomer:

Dave99
04-07-06, 02:01 AM
FTG at the computer... :gomer:

http://www.rigaut.com/benoit/CERN/badday/video/badday.mpg

Gangrel
04-07-06, 11:17 AM
>In a rare instance of Gangrel coming to the defense of IMS, .1RL, TG, or anyone else thus associated<

Rules are rules. If they state the entries must be postdated by such and such date, that's how it goes. Works the same for taxes too, unless you think that the IRS magically receives the return you mail to them on 4/15, the same day you mailed it...

devilmaster
04-07-06, 12:08 PM
>In a rare instance of Gangrel coming to the defense of IMS, .1RL, TG, or anyone else thus associated<

Rules are rules. If they state the entries must be postdated by such and such date, that's how it goes. Works the same for taxes too, unless you think that the IRS magically receives the return you mail to them on 4/15, the same day you mailed it...

Apples and Oranges, G. Its not about the date, really. Its about setting a deadline for yourself and then not making that deadline, and it sets yourself up for ridicule because you didn't meet the deadline you set for yourself.

Now, your analogy would work if you said that the IRS set a tax deadline for the IRS to submit its own taxes to itself. Sounds silly, right? Thats what the IRL has.

The deadline is undoubtably a carry-over from the old 'everyone invited' days. But now IMS has a deadline for entries into the Indy 500, where the only competitors are people who have to run gear in a racing league run by IMS. Why would one have a deadline, when your PR guy is then forced to lie to the media to cover up the fact that you don't have enough entries at the moment? Seems simpler and smarter to me to just not have a deadline.

devilmaster
04-07-06, 12:12 PM
writing that last post hurt my head..... see what happens when you try to explain how the IRL and IMS do things? :shakehead

dando
04-07-06, 02:28 PM
The silly part is the statement that they expect to receive them through next week. Last time I checked, it takes 2 days to get mail pretty anywhere in the US. Now if they were being sent from Timbuktu, through next week makes sense. And for christsake, why in the world would something simply mail something like this w/o sending it overnight or registered/certified mail? :saywhat:

It's stuff like this that makes a :gomer: a :gomer:.

-Kevin

Turbodog
04-07-06, 02:47 PM
The silly part is the statement that they expect to receive them through next week. Last time I checked, it takes 2 days to get mail pretty anywhere in the US. Now if they were being sent from Timbuktu, through next week makes sense. And for christsake, why in the world would something simply mail something like this w/o sending it overnight or registered/certified mail? :saywhat:

-Kevin

When we mail lien notices we send it certified/return receipt and regular mail ;) If it is like the post office in downtown Houston, you may get it and you may not get it :saywhat:

stroker
04-08-06, 01:33 PM
Last time I checked, it takes 2 days to get mail pretty anywhere in the US. -Kevin

I work for a mail order company.

TWO days? I wish!

devilmaster
04-08-06, 01:52 PM
I work for a mail order company.

TWO days? I wish!

Yeah, but are you mailing high demand movies in plain brown wrappers? ;)

EDwardo
04-08-06, 04:29 PM
Imagine this announcement from Tony.

Eight entries were received after the deadline and therefore are inelgible to compete in the 500. This means that there will only be 25 cars starting the race. While it would be desirable to have 33 cars, we felt that making an exception might damage the integrity of the series. Having said that, we are happy to announce that there is a rule that will allow these 8 cars to participate. We recieved a letter from a disabled little girl who was devastated to learn that her favorite 8 drivers wouldn't be at the 500. The lame humanitarian exception permits rule waivers when deemed applicable. And now the greatest promoter on the planet, Gene Simmons has a statement.

Iwas really touched by that letter and when I saw the photo of that sad little girl and her hot mom I knew I had to do something special. I am taking them to Disneyland. Bagging one new fan at a time is what it is all about.

;) ;)

Lizzerd
04-08-06, 06:03 PM
"Rule" is just a word.

stroker
04-08-06, 10:14 PM
Yeah, but are you mailing high demand movies in plain brown wrappers? ;)

Unfortunately, no. :cool:

What we are mailing takes a hell of a lot longer than two days, though... :flame:

matthole
04-11-06, 10:51 PM
'Postmarked by a specified date is just a number'. :gomer: This definitely applies if you are a pair of scumbag inheritors that are in on the IMS catering scam.

Byble Brothers Crapeteria (http://www.byrdbrothersracing.com/) says they are 'still working on it'. Deadlines don't really apply to the 'special kids' now, do they? :saywhat: :shakehead:

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE

And the Byrd Brothers are displaying that virtue.

Diligent work is still being undertaken to be sure that there is a Byrd Brothers car on track when the Speedway opens in May.

We'll keep on keeping you posted.

-the Byrd Brothers

Buncha frauds. Typical earl.