PDA

View Full Version : MIA - Antoine Bessette

cameraman
04-04-06, 01:12 PM
Anybody heard anything of Antoine Bessette?

He isn't on the GP2 driver list.
He isn't on the Atlantics driver list.

devilmaster
04-04-06, 01:16 PM
Don't know if anyone has better info....

His website hasn't been updated lately, but he was trying to secure funding for a CC ride, according to his site.

Perhaps he's close to that, and maybe in the running for a coyne seat or something?

http://www.bessetteracing.com/english/marketing/index.html

http://www.bessetteracing.com/english/index.html

pchall
04-04-06, 04:20 PM
I've been wondering about Bessette, as well. He looked very promising in Atlantics last season and -- without a sugar daddy in place -- should have been looking for another season there. Poof! No career... so it goes.

NismoZ
04-06-06, 09:15 AM
He admits things did not work out in Atlantics but has thanked those owners who tried. ($$) He does not want to remain idle this year, will be at Long Beach "talking" and would like to do Grand Am or ALMS. He actually turned down an offer to go to GP2 (ART) to remain in America and has suggested he still may get to do all 3 Canadian Atlantic races. His goal is ChampCar and he is looking toward '07 and more possibilities then. Good luck to him.

Dr. Corkski
04-06-06, 09:43 AM
He actually turned down an offer to go to GP2 (ART) to remain in America and has suggested he still may get to do all 3 Canadian Atlantic races. :rofl:^infinity

He should just quit racing if he actually turned down a ART ride. ART wouldn't even let him touch their car for the same reason why he doesn't have a ride right now.

Dr. Corkski
04-06-06, 09:45 AM
He actually turned down an offer to go to GP2 (ART)That was just so funny I had to quote it again. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

NismoZ
04-06-06, 04:16 PM
That's why I used the word "actually." Had a difficult time believing it myself. Perhaps it was just for a test and he decided not to waste his time? Maybe his goal is different than we expected. No, I wouldn't suggest he quit. He appears to be quite talented and at 23 still has time to develop and pursue other opportunities. Doesn't have to be GP2 to F-1. I think the new Atlantic series was just the place. If he does well in the Canadian rounds (he won 2 of them last year) maybe some good will come of it for him and whoever brings him along. Some of you revel in the broken dreams, I always enjoy watching the dreams come true. In racing though, the losers always outnumber the winners. Good luck to him.

Dr. Corkski
04-06-06, 05:57 PM
Let's see:

Premat's family is tied to ART, so he was going to keep his seat.

The Woking Gestapo is sending Lewis Hamilton to ART to win the championship.

Timo Glock couldn't even buy himself an ART ride.

Antoine Bessette can't even buy a test with ART, let alone a full season ride in the "more affordable" Atlantic series this year.

Conclusion: Bessette must have turned down the ART GP2 seat. :laugh:

Easy
04-06-06, 06:22 PM
"more affordable" Atlantic series

Sometimes more affordable means more expensive.

extramundane
04-07-06, 09:29 AM
He actually turned down an offer to go to GP2 (ART) to remain in America

Flagworld: (http://w3.flagworld.com/en/news/index,view.spy?artid=59529)

Bessette was invited to test with 2005 GP2 champion team ART Grand Prix, but decline the offer to stay in America.

Declining to spend his (apparently nonexistant) money on a test isn't quite the same as turning down an offer to go to GP2...

NismoZ
04-07-06, 10:58 AM
Yes. That's what I thought when I wrote, "Perhaps it was a test and he decided not to waste his time." I was suspicious of the "turning down a ride" line, but in a way that can be interpreted as correct. A BRIEF ride! :D