PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Gossage on local tv just now...

Ankf00
04-02-06, 11:33 PM
said that when the topic of racetracks comes up there's 4 tracks everyone thinks of...

Indy, Daytona, Charlotte, and now Texas...

:rofl: that's some good meth

Lizzerd
04-03-06, 12:55 AM
Huh...

I think of Indy (because it's just across town), Road America, Spa, and Monaco. Different strokes for different folks.

Dave99
04-03-06, 01:54 AM
Hmm, those weren't my four tracks. Was Eddie Gossage speaking for me when he used the word, "Everyone"?

oddlycalm
04-03-06, 02:05 PM
Hmm, those weren't my four tracks. Was Eddie Gossage speaking for me when he used the word, "Everyone"? No he was just speaking for the folks that when they hear Spa think hot tub and when they hear Monaco think Dodge. Without that particular "everyone" Busch wouldn't be able to market beer that tastes like diluted goat urine, what Thomas Kinkade does wouldn't be referred to as art, and politicians wouldn't be able to sell us out.

oc

dando
04-03-06, 02:37 PM
No he was just speaking for the folks that when they hear Spa think hot tub and when they hear Monaco think Dodge. Without that particular "everyone" Busch wouldn't be able to market beer that tastes like diluted goat urine, what Thomas Kinkade does wouldn't be referred to as art, and politicians wouldn't be able to sell us out.

oc
Werd.

:thumbup: :saywhat: :(

-Kevin

indyfan31
04-03-06, 03:36 PM
You've tasted full-strength goat urine??? :confused:

DjDrOmusic
04-03-06, 03:52 PM
You've tasted full-strength goat urine??? :confused:

I had a Billy Beer once...they quit making it because the horse died! :D

mueber
04-05-06, 09:28 AM
said that when the topic of racetracks comes up there's 4 tracks everyone thinks of...

Where's Eldora? ;)

Some people will agree with him, but some people don't get out much.

indyfan31
04-05-06, 09:57 AM
*rimshot*

Andrew Longman
04-05-06, 10:06 AM

Really. I always thought it tasted like mulched cornflakes mixed with clubsoda.

Warm out of the can? Mmmm good

Grunschev
04-05-06, 05:36 PM

I asked my wife to name the four most famous race tracks. She sorta used to be a race fan, as long as the race included Danny Sullivan. She said "Monte Carlo, Indy, that one in California with the corkscrew, and ... and ... one in Italy." I'm pretty sure she's thinking of Monza, even though she's never seen Danny Sullivan race there. I asked if she was sure she didn't mean to include Texas, and she said "There's a race track in Texas?"

Igor

chop456
04-06-06, 01:31 AM
Thomas Kinkade does wouldn't be referred to as art

:laugh:

oddlycalm
04-06-06, 04:04 PM
He's talking about TWS in College Station, (http://www.texasworldspeedway.com/pics.htm) right...?

oc

Ankf00
04-06-06, 04:12 PM
apparently 10 years of existence turns you into a legendary track, or something...

they have all these 10th anniv history events going on this week, it's way over blown, 10 piddly years and they act like the place was around back in the days of Bobby Layne & Doak Walker :shakehead

Turbodog
04-06-06, 04:29 PM
He's talking about TWS in College Station, (http://www.texasworldspeedway.com/pics.htm) right...?

oc

maybe its this Texas Speedway
http://www.texasthunderspeedwayalvin.com/Track.htm :confused:

rabbit
04-10-06, 01:21 PM
when the topic of racetracks comes up there's 4 tracks everyone thinks of... Indy, Daytona, Charlotte, and now Texas...
Speedtv.com has a NASCAR poll up right now for people to pick their favorite NASCAR track. TMS is currently seventh (with 4% of the vote) behind Bristol, Sonoma, Talladega, Daytona, Richmond, and Charlotte. :laugh: (And that's just NASCAR tracks) Interesting that Indy was excluded from the poll. :saywhat:

Stu
04-10-06, 01:45 PM
Come on guys. Texas rules. They have 2 NASCAR dates per year. How many tracks can say that???? ;)