PDA

View Full Version : St. Petersburg Race Notes

pressdog
04-02-06, 11:04 PM
Street races. There's always humor involved.

Notes from the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg 2006 (http://pressdog.blogspot.com)

rabbit
04-02-06, 11:34 PM
Helio with Jamie. Helio and Jamie Little (get her in a car!) together make the perky-o-meter hit the rev limiter. They are both ON FIRE to be there. If Helio and Jamie reproduced the child would exit the birth canal doing a cheer. :rofl: :rofl:

Rusty talks about his taking a spin in Sam Hornish's Indy Car back during the Homestead test. Video of it. Rusty is not exactly lighting it up going around the track. Helio: "How long has this guy been racing again?" Dissed by the Brazilian! We ain't got no power steering in an Indy Car, Rusty. This ain't cushy NASCAR, here. Prepare to get your ass beaten like a rented mule for 100 laps on a bumpy course and work the wheel until your shoulders scream for mercy. Welcome to open wheel. :cool::thumbup:

Lizzerd
04-03-06, 01:11 AM
Marco (that's Michael's boy, you know) is out.
Over to Jack the Root in the Andretti pit. I'd like to know how many races it take before someone interviewing Marco can complete the entire interview without mentioning that Marco is, in fact, related to Michael or Mario.
Jack asks Mario's Grandson...
Mario's Grandson...
Marco is RELATED to Michael and Mario? I wasn't picking that up.
Marco is a -- get ready for it -- "chip off the block."
I'm sensing that Marco is related to Michael and Mario.
:rofl: I noticed all that too, and I was only paying half attention to the race while doing other stuff around the house. Move over, Danica, Marco is here.

Good stuff, pressdog.

Napoleon
04-03-06, 06:02 AM
:thumbup:

dando
04-03-06, 12:41 PM
ESPN/ABC is into talking to the drivers while they are on the track. This is Rusty's job for the entire season. He gives it kind of a citizen's band radio thing: "Dan Wheldon, this is Rusty Wallace in the ESPN booth, you got us?" Very Smokey and the Bandit-ish. Breaker 1-9, this is Rusty Rocketship. You got your ears on, Danny? Come back."

Coming down the front straight during the warm up they set off a bunch of fireworks causing a major smokescreen. I can't see the cars. Drivers are probably "WTF? I can't see sheeee-it." :rofl: :thumbup:

Thx to 'dog, I don't miss a thing, and save hours of my life in the process. :)

-Kevin

G.
04-03-06, 01:34 PM
Bonus programming note: pressdog plans his first ever ChampCar World Series racing notes for April 9 at Long Beach. Buckle up, NBC, because the p-dog will be in the hiz-ouse.

Guess it's time to see if we can take a joke...

Good stuff 'dog.

oddlycalm
04-03-06, 01:44 PM
Lap 100 -- Helio, Dixon, Kanaan, Herta, Vitor (!), Danica (Todd Harris is at a bar somewhere screaming: "ROOKIE SENSATION!") Good job on allowing the spirit if Todd Harris some recognition pressdog. :thumbup: Todd remains the master of excited random utterances and he will be missed (at least by those of us reading your blogs)

oc