PDA

View Full Version : I know teh NBA=teh suck, but...

Racing Truth
04-01-06, 06:06 PM
today's Heat/Cavaliers game was a pleasure. James went off for 47, 12 assists, 10 boards, while Wade was incredible going for 44. :thumbup: Both pretty much took over in the 2nd half.

Course, it helped that the PLAYOFF BOUND Cavs won. ;)

BTW: What is most impressive is how well these two understand the game. Unlike many in American ball, they play it the right way.

Carry on. :gomer:

dando
04-01-06, 06:14 PM
NASCAB rainout > NBA Cavs/Lakers :shakehead

Outside of Cleveburg, King James and the Cavs just don't resonate.

But hey, if you're enjoying it, more power to ya. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Stu
04-01-06, 06:49 PM
if no one cares about the Cavs outside of Cleveland, why is Lebron's jersey the no. 2 sold NBA Jersey in the US?

The sad thing though is, the Cavs took it to the end against a Heat team without Shaq and Zo. It'd be a totally different game with them in (not saying the Heat would kill us, but it would be different).

But who cares, a win is a win. :thumbup:

dando
04-01-06, 06:58 PM
if no one cares about the Cavs outside of Cleveland, why is Lebron's jersey the no. 2 sold NBA Jersey in the US?

The sad thing though is, the Cavs took it to the end against a Heat team without Shaq and Zo. It'd be a totally different game with them in (not saying the Heat would kill us, but it would be different).

But who cares, a win is a win. :thumbup:
Tallest dwarf? Crips & bloods? Snoop Dog, Spike Lee, etc.? Hats and jerseys are fashionable in many circles.

You simply can't dispute the teevee rating, homey. King James and Kobe couldn't do better than a cabs rainout? Two hours down the road here and the Cavs are constantly relegated to the back pages of the sports section.

Like I said, whatever floats your boat. I used to watch the NBA religiously. It's simply not watchable these days, and based on the teevee ratings, millions have voted likewise.

-Kevin

Stu
04-01-06, 08:11 PM
You simply can't dispute the teevee rating, homey. King James and Kobe couldn't do better than a cabs rainout? Two hours down the road here and the Cavs are constantly relegated to the back pages of the sports section. -Kevin

Of course its on the back page, you have Arena Football to worry about.

But of course it makes sense for NASCAR rain outs to have better ratings than an NBA game.

a. there are more NASCAR fans than NBA fans
b. there are 30 teams in the NBA, but only 2 play at the same time. So the only people to watch a game are the fans of those cities and die hard NBA fans. For a NASCAR race, you have fans of 43 drivers and they all race at the same time, you aren't watching a different channel when you want to see Jeff Gordon or Dale Jr.
c. it's once a week. 1 of 26 is more important than 1 of 82.

and its not just thugs that are out buying jerseys as a fashion statement. you see it everytime you watch a Cavs game and they pan the away team crowd with Lebron jerseys throughout.

Ankf00
04-01-06, 08:23 PM
people only care about LeBron because he's so good, they don't care about the Cavs or how they're doing... how many markets are Cavs games shown in?

Racing Truth
04-01-06, 09:10 PM
I UNDERSTAND all of what f00boy and dando are saying. I know, no one gives a *****e about the NBA, and much of that is due to the thuggish image put forward. I know the game is not what it was.

But y'all missed an entertaining one today (granted no Shaq and Mourning).

I'll also add that teams like Phoenix and Dallas are enjoyable to watch too.

Dr. Corkski
04-01-06, 09:18 PM
http://espn.starwave.com/media/nba/2004/0521/photo/a_montgomery_vi.jpg

Somebody please put him out of my misery.

Stu
04-02-06, 12:08 AM
I UNDERSTAND all of what f00boy and dando are saying. I know, no one gives a *****e about the NBA, and much of that is due to the thuggish image put forward. I know the game is not what it was.

Agreed. There are plenty of other problems too though. 53% of teams make the playoffs. Playoffs take 2 full months to complete. The cost to go to a game is rediculous, and once you get there, its like a ghetto circus.

Ankf00
04-02-06, 05:29 AM
I UNDERSTAND all of what f00boy and dando are saying.
hey man, if you enjoyed the game, cool. I was just addressing Stu's insinuation that the Cavs are somehow nationally popular ;) And as much as I dislike Dallas, their thug-team actually makes for a couple of evenings of enjoyment come May;)

Stu
04-02-06, 10:37 AM
hey man, if you enjoyed the game, cool. I was just addressing Stu's insinuation that the Cavs are somehow nationally popular ;) And as much as I dislike Dallas, their thug-team actually makes for a couple of evenings of enjoyment come May;)

I think they are nationally popular among NBA fans. There just aren't enough NBA fans to allow ratings to beat out something like NASCAR, even a rainout.

Although once Lebron leaves Cleveland, whatever team he goes to will then be THE TEAM in the NBA.

Another thing to note is that Clevelaners have a hard on for the Cavs right now just because of they have sucked since 97. Something like 8 straight sub .500 seasons. They were an embarassment of the NBA. We had a blind owner that couldn't see how bad we were and who's idea was it to have a team that gets beat up every night wear black and blue jerseys?